Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Petersen's comments...presented without comment

Comments

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Canard said:

HFNY said:

Wasn't Petersen's record vs. BCS teams something like 10-3 in his time at BSU? He also had a winning record against top 25 teams. I'm just not sure how C'Tard can explain that away

10-3 over the course of eight fucking seasons.

That's putting in work. Many teams will duplicate that record inside of this one season.

I laugh at the 92-12 record because all of the bright spots in it are in September or January.

Lots of d-1 coaches would kill it prepping for one BCS foe all summer and the other (only in some years) during all of December, with eleven+ functional bye weeks in between.
    Dude.

Just stop.

You're continuing to embarrass yourself.

There's only one fucktard in America who would argue that a 92-12 record is bullshit smoke and mirrors ...

Let's see if you can figure out who it is.
  • CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    edited October 2014
    I'm just laying it out there for posterity. If I am right, and I believe the track record of past BullShit U headmen moving up to the big boy leagues supports my position, I'll have all of the screenshots I need.

It's not like I have been running from this banter those times I have been wrong during the past eighteen years.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

We're four 90+ yard drives away from being a top 5 team

In one game, or cumulative for the remainder of the season?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    In this thread

Canard said:

I'm just laying it out there for posterity. If I am right, and I believe the track record of past BullShit U headmen moving up to the big boy leagues supports my position, I'll have all of the screenshots I need.

It's not like I have been running from this banter those times I have been wrong during the past eighteen years.

Covering your ass, eh?
    dnc said:

In this thread

It's okay. My wager is that I will have the last laugh on this topic.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Canard said:

topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

topdawgnc said:

Bob Stoops and Nick Saban went 7-6 his first year.

You're seriously suggesting that CP is Saban or Stoops caliber? Or that UW has the recruiting brand power for a quick move into national prominence on par with Bama or Oklahoma?

How's the marijuana grow going?
    You're a fucking donkey.

Peterman has earned the right to be in the same conversations as Saban and Stoops regarding caliber. 92-12 fucking means something in today's world. So does wins over Stoops, and Kelly.

Washington has facilities, education, and location to be a competitor. Even a donkey like you knows that ... it's the very reason you lurk around here showing your 2 inches of thunder. You know if Washington every gets serious again it could be a good rivalry. The problem is the dumb fucks who think Lockner is a good QB and Sark is a good coach ....
    Peterman is the only two time Bear Bryant award recipient. Inferring from fucking donkey's comments, Peterman was undeserving. Let posterity know the fucking donkey is right. Good grief.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Canard said:

dnc said:

In this thread

disagree
    dnc said:

Canard said:

dnc said:

In this thread

disagree
    Noted.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,131
    Canard said:

I'll have all of the screenshots I need.

Insecure dumb fuck. . ... SMFH. In the moron's defense though, he did say IF.

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Canard showed more balls and want to on this bored than Petahmus showed in Autzen Saturday night.

Just saying.....
    edited October 2014
    Insecure dumb fuck. . ... SMFH. In the moron's defense though, he did say IF.

I'm just a pussy that way, what with the constant denial flowing so strongly around the canal all these years.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    Canard said:

dnc said:

In this thread

So you'd prefer to be right rather than UW be successful?

Also, as someone who's been in the town where all these coaches come from that you speak, peterman and hawkins couldn't be further apart if you tried. Hawkins was much more Sark in terms of the guy who has fun but also loves the media stuff. Peterson has always been the I hate media and just let me do my fucking job guy. Peterman craves perfection and detail while Hawkins merely discussed it.

You're really just throwing shit at the wall b/c if you knew anything about peterman vs hawkins or even further back, you'd know you're full of sheeeet.

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    edited October 2014
    I support Canard's efforts in this thread.

He's staking out the Peterman-is-Hawkins turf pretty early on. It *has* always been the knock on Boise that they did not have to deal with the week-in, week-out grind of a major conference schedule.

Interestingly, if you subtract Kellen Moore's time at Boise (50-3!) - then Peterman's record with the Broncoz was a very respectable 42-9 (.786).

While .786 is quite good, you can also easily discern that it is at least one standard deviation below what BSU achieved with Moore, and deduce that there was a QB effect at work.

Combine that with the overall trendline (Peterman's last year at Boise with Southwick, they were not very good), and I think a reality-based anti-Peterman argument exists.

Nota bene: 2007 was the year Peterman lost to Ty; 2008 was Kellen Moore's first year under center.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    edited October 2014
    AZDuck said:

I support Canard's efforts in this thread.

He's staking out the Peterman-is-Hawkins turf pretty early on. It *has* always been the knock on Boise that they did not have to deal with the week-in, week-out grind of a major conference schedule.

Interestingly, if you subtract Kellen Moore's time at Boise (50-3!) - then Peterman's record with the Broncoz was a very respectable 42-9 (.786).

While .786 is quite good, you can also easily discern that it is at least one standard deviation below what BSU achieved with Moore, and deduce that there was a QB effect at work.

Combine that with the overall trendline (Peterman's last year at Boise with Southwick, they were not very good), and I think a reality-based anti-Peterman argument exists.

Nota bene: 2007 was the year Peterman lost to Ty; 2008 was Kellen Moore's first year under center.

And we can start the argument that a real coach can win without talented players...........They are that magical

Don't forget kellen was a OKG nobody wanted
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2014
    I only have one big question/concern with Petersen. I could go on and on about the things I do like such as discipline, attention to detail, work ethic, recruiting balance and thorough evaluation, etc.

Boise's offense went to shit without Kellen Moore during Petersen's last two years at Boise. After Moore graduated, Petersen changed his system and went hurry up/no huddle like everyone else. The Boise State fans complained about Prince (the OC) the past two years. UW fans were glad Petersen didn't bring him along to UW. Petersen instead brings along his QB coach of those bad offenses to be the OC at UW. The only coordinator experience he has is at Montana. It's too early to make any bold conclusions, but I suspect that something isn't right. And I think it goes beyond the talent. Finding a Kellen Moore isn't easy. I think this team should be better on offense than it is.

If Petersen is who we think he is, it will get fixed. Great coaches make those changes, Don James in the late 80's being a great example. Or maybe, the players improve with time in the same system. I think it's logical to have some concern about it though. 3 years in a row of mediocre to bad offense is a fair sample size.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    I just want to be clear, I'm not out there on the limb with Canard. I just don't think he's as full of shit as some people out here (Hi Kim!).

Also too, Army barracks are more like college dorms than many of you might think.
    edited October 2014

Canard said:

dnc said:

In this thread

So you'd prefer to be right rather than UW be successful?

Also, as someone who's been in the town where all these coaches come from that you speak, peterman and hawkins couldn't be further apart if you tried. Hawkins was much more Sark in terms of the guy who has fun but also loves the media stuff. Peterson has always been the I hate media and just let me do my fucking job guy. Peterman craves perfection and detail while Hawkins merely discussed it.

You're really just throwing shit at the wall b/c if you knew anything about peterman vs hawkins or even further back, you'd know you're full of sheeeet.

Could go back to Koetter if you'd prefer. He coached BSU to Big West titles and then helmed ASU to some glimmerings of excellence in 2004 that ultimately turned out to be fool's gold.

I wouldn't mind seeing UW successful enough to supplant boring and fanless Stanford, even if it meant taking the L in the UW-UO game at times.

My deal is that a faction of our fans had always lusted over CCP at times, but I have never been down with it because of the easy time the trucker JC has always had since ESPN needed Tuesday and Wednesday night football and tried to make like BSU played a credible schedule.

All the credit in the world to CCP for pulling off a 10-3 against actual competition. That would be one above average season, just like I contended. That it took eight years puts a big fucking asterisk upon it.