Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Petersen's comments...presented without comment

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
edited October 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
"...That’s what you want your team to look like talent-wise. And how did we match up? Some places we matched up pretty well, some places we didn’t. I think you can get exposed on your attention to detail. Because even if the talent’s not right are you doing your technique and your assignments just right? And even if you’re getting whipped physically, hey, you shake their hand and move on."

"...Any given Saturday we all know weird things can happen. That’s an elite team. I really think so. And so we knew some of the matchups would be tough. I think probably the thing that I’m most looking for is our attention to our detail. Regardless of talent level, can we just execute with precision, in terms of tackling, gap responsibility and gap integrity and not losing our eyes. All these things we talk about forever and work on every day, but when you start getting on your heels, and somebody mentioned I think after the game, some of your guys trying too hard, somebody said they might have been trying too hard, and you talk so much about just do your job. Just do your job. Don’t do someone else’s job until you have to, until you see the ball. Well, when they’re moving the ball, moving the ball, moving the ball, and all of a sudden you think he’s got it and you start to slide and a really fast quarterback pulls it out, a really fast back bounces it, you see what can happen when you stay on your heels.”

"...I think it comes back to what we were talking about early on. I think it’s all about details. We talk about details in the running game, details in the passing game. We’re not a detailed enough team right now. And certainly some of that credit goes to the opponent. When they play good, make it really, really hard on you, margin for error’s really, really thin."

"...So, talent. Details. Been doing that system for a long time and they play fast and they play hard and know what they’re doing. And then how hard are you going to compete.”

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,334 Founders Club
    We're four 90+ yard drives away from being a top 5 team
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    brchco12 said:

yeah, but we all have to agree that this one game is not indicative of the caliber of dumpster fire we are, no question.

If you take away those 4 90+ yard drives this would have been a different game and we'd be 6-1.

we need to tighten some things up, then play loose. Focus on the details, but not think too much.

quite honestly we're almost there, 2017 will be special.

For whatever reason...
  • CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    Glad I don't have to read such babble all of the time.

Not detail oriented enough? Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't this fuck stick been on the job since before LOI day?

Let's see. Suspended Miley from OTAs until fall, so no detailing possible. The on field result would be the same or better (Stanford=W) if Miley had been kicked to the curb and Black Power groomed from spring ball on. Maybe even a better performance last Saturday because BP has more upside. No, the Idaho Spud but his off season prep time into Lungfish. Beer goggles? Rayciss?

The defense is not untalented. They do need help from the offense. That hairball of fail on O is on Petey. You'd think a truly excellent coach not only identifies the QB he can rake with, but he adapts "his system" to the talent available, not give pressers wishing for talent that is not on the roster.

John Ross would seemingly excel in any offensive system. That this UW offense is not built around attempting to get that guy the ball in space at least 20-30 times a game is something that should be howled about. Straddled run/pass option with Ross being the pitch target, WR screens, fly sweeps, ISO motion man busters. Anything. Everything. It ain't rocket science to feed the best offensive player.

Evidently, that's not a detail worthy of hard questioning.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Bob Stoops and Nick Saban went 7-6 his first year.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,332 Swaye's Wigwam
    CaTard

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    topdawgnc said:

You're seriously suggesting that CP is Saban or Stoops caliber? Or that UW has the recruiting brand power for a quick move into national prominence on par with Bama or Oklahoma?

How's the marijuana grow going?

Did Pete sleep with Canard's husband?

Just fraud busting. I was right about the chinless Armenian, and I am right about CP, who wasn't ever on our short list when belly skipped town.

You'll see.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,298
    Canard said:

Not detail oriented enough? Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't this fuck stick been on the job since before LOI day?

Let's see. Suspended Miley from OTAs until fall, so no detailing possible. The on field result would be the same or better (Stanford=W) if Miley had been kicked to the curb and Black Power groomed from spring ball on. Maybe even a better performance last Saturday because BP has more upside. No, the Idaho Spud but his off season prep time into Lungfish. Beer goggles? Rayciss?

The defense is not untalented. They do need help from the offense. That hairball of fail on O is on Petey. You'd think a truly excellent coach not only identifies the QB he can rake with, but he adapts "his system" to the talent available, not give pressers wishing for talent that is not on the roster.

John Ross would seemingly excel in any offensive system. That this UW offense is not built around attempting to get that guy the ball in space at least 20-30 times a game is something that should be howled about. Straddled run/pass option with Ross being the pitch target, WR screens, fly sweeps, ISO motion man busters. Anything. Everything. It ain't rocket science to feed the best offensive player.

yeah, but still
    topdawgnc said:

Canard said:

Yes.

I agree.

The coach who went 92-12 and beat some of the biggest names and teams in the sport ... under the hottest of lights ... clearly needs coaching advice from a group of stained sweatpants wearing perverts on a message board dissecting the game from their mom's basement.

Not every coach can walk into the best of situations ...

I'm pissed, but unlike the line of fucktards Washington has hired for this role I believe in the current coach.
    Who the fuck said he needed advice from the proles?

He needs to be asked some very pointed questions that can't be washed over by his oral diarrhea.

Softball pressers FTW.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited October 2014
    Canard said:

topdawgnc said:

You're seriously suggesting that CP is Saban or Stoops caliber? Or that UW has the recruiting brand power for a quick move into national prominence on par with Bama or Oklahoma?

If you don't think UW has inherent & exceptional recruiting advantages, then you're dumber than most of the trash that fills autzen stadium every week.

First of all, LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. People love Seattle. It's reached a point where people hear the word "Seattle," and they immediately think "great place to live." End of story.

The UW has an elite academic reputation and the rankings to prove it, unlike the three glorified community colleges that make up the rest of the northwest's pac-12 schools.

UW is a stone throw from some of the hottest tech companies in the world, so there is opportunity here outside of football. Not so in pullman, pewgene or corvalis.

Fan support - Awesome & well-known.

Are we getting all the OKGs we want right now? No, but we have advantages that are simply unmatched by most other schools.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Who cares?
    Canard said:

Hard to disagree with most of that. Great coaches can mold their system's to fit what they have. There is no Kellen Moore on the roster. Giving Ross the ball 20-30 times a game is great if you're playing a 3 game season, but I do agree he needs to get the ball more.
    I don't really care what he says at this point, I want to see improvement on the field
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Canard said:

topdawgnc said:

You're a fucking donkey.

Peterman has earned the right to be in the same conversations as Saban and Stoops regarding caliber. 92-12 fucking means something in today's world. So does wins over Stoops, and Kelly.

Washington has facilities, education, and location to be a competitor. Even a donkey like you knows that ... it's the very reason you lurk around here showing your 2 inches of thunder. You know if Washington every gets serious again it could be a good rivalry. The problem is the dumb fucks who think Lockner is a good QB and Sark is a good coach ....
  • FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    Sark reads that and says to himself, "I don't understand. What is he saying? I'm confused so I will make a few dumbass faces and don my stupid hats and that will make me feel better"
    edited October 2014
    Aubbie? Is that you? Some mean iron lawing going on.

Stupid academic smack that matters not a bit to Swahili and sociology majors and ignorance that Seattle is a college media attention backwater, and you don't even answer the question put forth. Are you up there with okie and Bama in recruiting allure? Were you ever there? Be fucking honest with yourself.

The UW heyday I witnessed as it happened was built on a foundation of Washington prep true believers rounded out with some elite speed from SoCal. Was there the odd out of state recruiting coup? Of course, but the composition of the squads had a distinctly regional flavor.

However, the college game has changed since then. A bunch of white boys on steroids can no longer be the core of a team. Same affliction Nebraska has suffered from, btw. You weren't bama or Oklahoma on the trail back in the day, and you certainly aren't now either.

I am not the one comparing CP+UW as remotely equivalent to Stoops+OU or NS+bama. I say all kinds of stupid shit, but those kinds of linkages are the ol cake takers for fucktardedness.