Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jobless Claims 187,000

Comments

• Options
    HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member Posts: 808
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    From that report Doog just cited (and deleted)

1.2 million is the number of long term unemployed workers with the last report.

He was trying to make the claim it was 5.7 million.

Don’t worry Doog….i saw your mistake on your deleted post and was happy to report it

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

From that report Doog just cited (and deleted)

1.2 million is the number of long term unemployed workers with the last report.

He was trying to make the claim it was 5.7 million.

Don’t worry Doog….i saw your mistake on your deleted post and was happy to report it

Haven't deleted anything but OK!
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,979
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Read it again.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 25
    Bob_C said:

Read it again.

Tbf I mixed my terms. Being on Mobile and BLS changed their reporting formats...for some reason.

Like I said, I'll clean it up out there and be sure we are being honest and fair when presented with Facts and Evidence! TM
  • Options
    Ok let’s add the 5.7 million back to the labor participation rate and unemployed numbers and assume NONE of them can get a job. I still don’t get 7%-10%
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Meanwhile REI is laying off 350 workers, forecasting a bad 2024.

But hey, maybe their stock will rise in Q3 & Q4, so it's all good.

Nevermind Main Street and the jobs on it.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,506
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The stock market tends to like layoffs
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,817
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

HuskyBuck said:

Bob_C said:

pawz said:

HuskyBuck said:

Refresh my memory…if the current unemployment rate isn’t 3.5 as reported by the BLS….whats the exact number?

Following what been disclosed in this thread, probably 3.5 + 7.

What’s that, 10.5%?

No its just the 7%. But it's way higher when you include the illegals.
    That would be extremely hard to nail down in all honesty, I would guess that aside from "sanctuary cities" the illegal immigration participation numbers would be higher per capita but would be lots of grey and black market employees.

Then again, most of them use fake broken ladder identities of the deceased to work so maybe they are counted. Who fucking knows.

It would be a fun regression worthy of doing my PhD in.

All that being said, Joe Biden's economy sucks ass. It's why even the Whitehouse gave up messaging on it. If it were doing well we wouldn't hear the end of it from the msm.
    Boy thats a lot of fantasy land hoops I need to jump through to believe. Its weird you guys can't pull actual data I can validate and verify with. Weird.
    I'm responding to Bob and just musing about the effect of illegals on employment numbers. Hth.

None of it has to do with the 5.7 million long term unemployed in Biden's roaring economy.
    Where is that....where did you get that 5.7 million number? Out your ass? Its amazing how you cant take us through your thought process when challenged. There's a lot of that on this board!!!
    The irony never stops around here.

• Options
    Founders Club
    There's some math, not 7% but it's over 6%.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The stock market tends to like layoffs
    Yes it does. That's why Buck the Barebacker of @HHusky is slamming his ham right now.

Wall Street vs. Main Street.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

I'm actually impressed the numbers are that good ~1.5m is still significant but not terrible. I can only imagine how many private sector jobs were traded for government ones though. Be curious to break that out.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

I'm actually impressed the numbers are that good ~1.5m is still significant but not terrible. I can only imagine how many private sector jobs were traded for government ones though. Be curious to break that out.
    I’m sure it’s significant. What’s likely also significant is the growth quasi private sector jobs, NGO’s, etc that rely on government money 100% for their existence. Some of that gets buried in the private sector.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

HuskyBuck said:

Labor participation rate is still down since January 2020 and not trending well. Couldn't find a chart on the Sugar Bowl participation rate which is the gold standard of course for the status of the economy.

Same game as under Obama.

The unemployment rate is so low! If you don't count all the people who are long term unemployed.
    So is Labor Participation up since January 2021? According to that chart it looks like its trending upwards just like it was doing under Trump.

Here's what Labor Participation rate did from when Trump was in office, to Janurary 2020 which was right before pandemic hit

Trump:
    Jan 2017. - 62.8
    Jan 2020 - 63.3

Biden:
    Jan 2021 - 61.5
    Now - 62.5

This is why I call you Oregon fans dumb as dirt. You can't intrepret a chart.

So about 3 million less participants in total. Which means true unemployment is actually somewhere around 7%.

Something Something dumb as dirt.
    I did that math off the cuff in my head.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjDj9jTzuyDAxUkMEQIHU8cDiMQFnoECDYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0El9HPDNwCkjhZ_HvoSxIU

Come get some.

Also, lulz, about that trend.

Fucking love it when tug smooth brains want to wrastle economics with me.

5.7 million long term unemployed(which aren't counted in your 3.5% number).

As opposed to 2019 there being 1.2 million...

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2020/article/job-market-remains-tight-in-2019-as-the-unemployment-rate-falls-to-its-lowest-level-since-1969.htm

Do I need to explain this to you further?
    Shh those long term unemployed that get removed from the stats don't exist. Cut off their guberment cheese and see how quick they look for work! HuskyDuck says they don't exist. Obama created them.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,575
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

I’m sure it’s significant. What’s likely also significant is the growth quasi private sector jobs, NGO’s, etc that rely on government money 100% for their existence. Some of that gets buried in the private sector.
    Before the gross number is ultimately revised down by ~20% or so, We’re averaging 50k new government jobs per month.

That’s nearly 1/3 of the overall figure. Then you account for part time work and subtract union workers returning from strikes it gets even worse.

The takers are outpacing the makers, and 20-something idiots like HuskyBuck are running victory laps.
  • Options
    Lol man those numbers must have really hurt you guys yesterday. I already caught Doog trying to fudge some of the numbers yesterday. Guys, its just time to take the ‘L’ and move on.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

Lol man those numbers must have really hurt you guys yesterday. I already caught Doog trying to fudge some of the numbers yesterday. Guys, its just time to take the ‘L’ and move on.

1.5m more people out of work that want a job is a loss for you. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    HuskyBuck said:

Bless your heart.

They actually hurt you, but you’re too unsophisticated to realize it.

HTH
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,944
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Who needs family wage jobs and export revenue and personal income taxes and corporate income taxes? Sending US natural gas to the chicoms to replace coal fired electric plants would cut CO2 emissions. But actually solving a supposed problem this will make the supposed problem worse and cost US jobs. Nothing says SCIENCE and carrying for the average joe than the green gaia fraudsters.

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/biden-set-announce-lng-export-ban-appease-climate-warriors-ahead-election

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,817
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 26
  • Options
    pawz said:
    Would you just LOOK at those wage increases!

Bidenomics fuck yeah!

How could you NOT win in this economy?