Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jobless Claims 187,000

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,817
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

Yup still no proof. Lots of excuses though. LOTS of excuses.

I’m sure the irony is lost on you.

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,273
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

HuskyBuck said:

I mean…..theyre thanking him for reducing it to 3.5% because…..it IS 3.5%

After the dems made them unemployed in the first place...and as long as you don't count the 6 million long term unemployed(which the BLS does as we already went over).

You just don't like facts I suppose.

Fucking hondofs. Even Susan had the good sense to abandon ship. Even Brandon abandoned this talking point. Bidenomics is DOA. Let it go.

So do you have the real unemployment number or what???
    We also went over that, BLS has it as almost 6 million long term unemployed...which makes about 7% total unemployment...like I guessed at at the beginning from the participation rate. Maybe take up your problems with the BLS. Do you know who that is?

Are you actually learning disabled?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

I knew it! Doog Bot ran away when asked what the real unemployment rate right now!!!!

Lol 7am victory lap. Jfc.
  • Options
    HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member Posts: 808
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

HuskyBuck said:

I knew it! Doog Bot ran away when asked what the real unemployment rate right now!!!!

I’m just surprised you would make a claim then run away from explaining how you came to that conclusion. Well…not really.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

HuskyBuck said:

I’m just surprised you would make a claim then run away from explaining how you came to that conclusion. Well…not really.
    Adhd confirmed. See above. I've answered the question and cited the BLS numerous times.

Kids that can't read good and stuff.
  • Options
    Refresh my memory…if the current unemployment rate isn’t 3.5 as reported by the BLS….whats the exact number?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,817
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

Refresh my memory…if the current unemployment rate isn’t 3.5 as reported by the BLS….whats the exact number?

Following what been disclosed in this thread, probably 3.5 + 7.

What’s that, 10.5%?

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,978
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

HuskyBuck said:

What’s that, 10.5%?

No its just the 7%. But it's way higher when you include the illegals.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyBuck said:

Labor participation rate is still down since January 2020 and not trending well. Couldn't find a chart on the Sugar Bowl participation rate which is the gold standard of course for the status of the economy.

Same game as under Obama.

The unemployment rate is so low! If you don't count all the people who are long term unemployed.
    So is Labor Participation up since January 2021? According to that chart it looks like its trending upwards just like it was doing under Trump.

Here's what Labor Participation rate did from when Trump was in office, to Janurary 2020 which was right before pandemic hit

Trump:
    Jan 2017. - 62.8
    Jan 2020 - 63.3

Biden:
    Jan 2021 - 61.5
    Now - 62.5

This is why I call you Oregon fans dumb as dirt. You can't intrepret a chart.

So about 3 million less participants in total. Which means true unemployment is actually somewhere around 7%.

Something Something dumb as dirt.
    I did that math off the cuff in my head.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjDj9jTzuyDAxUkMEQIHU8cDiMQFnoECDYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0El9HPDNwCkjhZ_HvoSxIU

Come get some.

Also, lulz, about that trend.

Fucking love it when tug smooth brains want to wrastle economics with me.

5.7 million long term unemployed(which aren't counted in your 3.5% number).

As opposed to 2019 there being 1.2 million...

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2020/article/job-market-remains-tight-in-2019-as-the-unemployment-rate-falls-to-its-lowest-level-since-1969.htm

Do I need to explain this to you further?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

HuskyBuck said:

What’s that, 10.5%?

No,

2023: 3.5% short term + 3.5% long term ~ 7% total

As opposed to

2019: 3.5% short term + 0.7% long term ~ 4.2% total

I'm rounding some significant numbers but doing this on my phone.

Happy to break it out more exactly from BLS when not at work.
  • Options

Sep 2019 (Trumps Best Month)
    US Population: 328 million
    Labor Participation Rate: 63.1
    UnEmployment Rate: 3.5%
    Total Labor Force: 207 million
    Unemployed: 7.2 million

Dec 2023 (Last Month)
    Us Population: 340 Million
    Labor Participation Rate: 62.5
    Unemployment rate: 3.7
    Total Labor Force: 212 million
    Unemployed: 7.8 million

Ok boys.....tell me which number I need to adjust to make your math work. How in God's name did you get 7% or 10%? Arbitrarily?

Please tell me you guys arent the dipshits those 3 Oregon fans are.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

pawz said:

HuskyBuck said:

What’s that, 10.5%?

That would be extremely hard to nail down in all honesty, I would guess that aside from "sanctuary cities" the illegal immigration participation numbers would be higher per capita but would be lots of grey and black market employees.

Then again, most of them use fake broken ladder identities of the deceased to work so maybe they are counted. Who fucking knows.

It would be a fun regression worthy of doing my PhD in.

All that being said, Joe Biden's economy sucks ass. It's why even the Whitehouse gave up messaging on it. If it were doing well we wouldn't hear the end of it from the msm.
  • Options

Bob_C said:

pawz said:

HuskyBuck said:

What’s that, 10.5%?

That would be extremely hard to nail down in all honesty, I would guess that aside from "sanctuary cities" the illegal immigration participation numbers would be higher per capita but would be lots of grey and black market employees.

Then again, most of them use fake broken ladder identities of the deceased to work so maybe they are counted. Who fucking knows.

All that being said, Joe Biden's economy sucks ass. It's why even the Whitehouse gave up messaging on it. If it were doing well we wouldn't hear the end of it from the msm.
    Boy thats a lot of fantasy land hoops I need to jump through to believe. Its weird you guys can't pull actual data I can validate and verify with. Weird.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

Sep 2019 (Trumps Best Month)
    US Population: 328 million
    Labor Participation Rate: 63.1
    UnEmployment Rate: 3.5%
    Total Labor Force: 207 million
    Unemployed: 7.2 million

Dec 2023 (Last Month)
    Us Population: 340 Million
    Labor Participation Rate: 62.5
    Unemployment rate: 3.7
    Total Labor Force: 212 million
    Unemployed: 7.8 million

Ok boys.....tell me which number I need to adjust to make your math work. How in God's name did you get 7% or 10%? Arbitrarily?

Please tell me you guys arent the dipshits those 3 Oregon fans are.

Lol you are this fucking dense. Go reread the thread however many times you need to and maybe put the Adderall down, or snort another line. Whichever.

Your clue should have been when Margaret @HHusky gave the talking point up and conceded.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

Bob_C said:

pawz said:

HuskyBuck said:

What’s that, 10.5%?

Boy thats a lot of fantasy land hoops I need to jump through to believe. Its weird you guys can't pull actual data I can validate and verify with. Weird.
    I'm responding to Bob and just musing about the effect of illegals on employment numbers. Hth.

None of it has to do with the 5.7 million long term unemployed in Biden's roaring economy.
  • Options
    edited January 25

HuskyBuck said:

Bob_C said:

pawz said:

HuskyBuck said:

What’s that, 10.5%?

I'm responding to Bob and just musing about the effect of illegals on employment numbers. Hth.

None of it has to do with the 5.7 million long term unemployed in Biden's roaring economy.
    Where is that....where did you get that 5.7 million number? Out your ass? Its amazing how you cant take us through your thought process when challenged. There's a lot of that on this board!!!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

HuskyBuck said:

Bob_C said:

pawz said:

HuskyBuck said:

What’s that, 10.5%?

Where is that....where did you get that 5.7 million number? Out your ass? Its amazing how you cant take us through your thought process when challenged. There's a lot of that on this board!!!
    From the BLS, how many times you want me to cite it and Quote myself from this thread.

Holy fucking reading comprehension batman.
  • Options
    Go ahead and cite it then! Lets see it!
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,978
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

pawz said:

HuskyBuck said:

What’s that, 10.5%?

When illegal immigration is flat and low, I agree it's probably not super material. But when it spikes like it has, short term it has to be going up. It's also quite inflationary to have people sucking up services, spending money and producing nothing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

Go ahead and cite it then! Lets see it!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjDj9jTzuyDAxUkMEQIHU8cDiMQFnoECDYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0El9HPDNwCkjhZ_HvoSxIU

Same link I've posted at least 3 times. BLS.

I'll clean it up when I'm not on mobile and make a nice chart maybe. I'm happy to compare apples to apples.

It's been fun but I killed my morning. Need to get real work done now.