Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

California Bill Banning Football for Kids Under 12 Passes Committee

Comments

• Options
    Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 11

For real though, football is quickly becoming a sport for the poors. Unless they're destined to be a QB or kicker, you're signing your kid up for early onset CTE with the end goal of surviving for a few years in the NFL and getting a paycheck that's only guaranteed week to week.

Why do that when the Saudis and LA Dodgers are throwing around 9 figure guaranteed deals?

@GreenRiverGatorz what is the data on CTE for kids that only played through HS or College? Honest and not loaded question. I'm not well versed in this subject.

Seems like if HS Football alone cause CTE, there would be a lot more CTE out there. And nowadays, I would think the equipment and protocols are much better.
    Who knows how much is out there since diagnosis is post-mortem. This study shows a stark increase in risk with players in the NFL versus college and high school. There's a lot of high level math and statistics jargon in there, so someone smarter than me will have to conclude whether or not this study touches on prevalence of high school players vs gen pop.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9989358/#:~:text=We therefore estimated that high,, respectively (Table 3).

I have a really hard time imagining that boys under 12 are strong enough to give each other CTE.

Something tells me that football gets more and more dangerous as you get to higher levels of play. Maybe there’s occasional CTE in high school football. But the NFL, where you’re playing against not just grown men, but the very strongest grown men in America-that’s really where CTE explodes.

Is there seriously even one documented case of CTE resulting from the puny hits somebody got in Pop Warner at age 11 or younger?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,948
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Tug alert @DerekJohnson. Get this shit out of our face. It was clear from the first post. It went from a committee vote about youth football to California feminizing men. Are you fucking kidding me? Do we realize how stupid these people are or am I on an island of retard? Fuck me, man. I'm depressed enough as is during these days of grieving.

Google "why does California ban everything" and you will see over a decade of articles about California banning everything from candy to cars to guns to youth football.

I've bought many products with a warning on them that says:

"California thinks there might be a 0.001% chance this product causes a 0.00001% increased risk of cancer if exposed to it frequently, so we want this warning label on here because we're a bunch of pussies"

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Not everyone in California is a pussy, but they have more per capital than any other state.
    All those California warnings also increase costs as it gets passed on to the consumers.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ironically Rugby is growing in popularity down here. Fuck the pads for under 12 anyways. They shouldn't even be wearing shoes until that age imo.

Can't wait for the unintended consequences of smear the queer returning to California.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604
    I started pop warner in 6th grade which is what 11 or 12? Do people even play before that? It’s gotta be like kid soccer where they just all run around in a mob
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,168
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited January 23
    Sandra6 said:

For real though, football is quickly becoming a sport for the poors. Unless they're destined to be a QB or kicker, you're signing your kid up for early onset CTE with the end goal of surviving for a few years in the NFL and getting a paycheck that's only guaranteed week to week.

Why do that when the Saudis and LA Dodgers are throwing around 9 figure guaranteed deals?

@GreenRiverGatorz what is the data on CTE for kids that only played through HS or College? Honest and not loaded question. I'm not well versed in this subject.

Seems like if HS Football alone cause CTE, there would be a lot more CTE out there. And nowadays, I would think the equipment and protocols are much better.
    Who knows how much is out there since diagnosis is post-mortem. This study shows a stark increase in risk with players in the NFL versus college and high school. There's a lot of high level math and statistics jargon in there, so someone smarter than me will have to conclude whether or not this study touches on prevalence of high school players vs gen pop.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9989358/#:~:text=We therefore estimated that high,, respectively (Table 3).

I have a really hard time imagining that boys under 12 are strong enough to give each other CTE.

Something tells me that football gets more and more dangerous as you get to higher levels of play. Maybe there’s occasional CTE in high school football. But the NFL, where you’re playing against not just grown men, but the very strongest grown men in America-that’s really where CTE explodes.

Is there seriously even one documented case of CTE resulting from the puny hits somebody got in Pop Warner at age 11 or younger?
    As someone who began playing tackle football in the 2nd grade, I agree with your take here
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,556
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Isn't Newsom going to veto this of it passes? Pretty sure I read that it's dead. For now.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,876
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Postal91 said:

They let kids drug up on gender shit.... But cannot play football. California.... Checks out. They are feminizing men at a rapid rate.

There it is. One of our resident autists (if I say neurodivergent your head might explode) finally couldn't help themselves and had to spew AIDS for everyone else.
    Yeah, 13 year old boys wearing dresses and make up is completely normal
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,876
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Tug alert @DerekJohnson. Get this shit out of our face. It was clear from the first post. It went from a committee vote about youth football to California feminizing men. Are you fucking kidding me? Do we realize how stupid these people are or am I on an island of retard? Fuck me, man. I'm depressed enough as is during these days of grieving.

I finally figured out which HH poaster was the faggy UW fan at the airport in skinny jeans and a cardigan with ribbed sleeves. Your hat was cool, FWIW
    This is the unexpected and disappointing one as I've seen you do some great things, and would expect better. You clearly have a higher ceiling than a lot of the MAGA faction, but I'm still getting my reads down and ceiling is nothing without development. I'm looking forward to watching your progress as we move forward. Can't base a game or season on any one play. It's more about the body of work.
    You've clearly spent way too much time in Seattle and/or the now woke Eastside.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,975
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I finally figured out which HH poaster was the faggy UW fan at the airport in skinny jeans and a cardigan with ribbed sleeves. Your hat was cool, FWIW
    This is the unexpected and disappointing one as I've seen you do some great things, and would expect better. You clearly have a higher ceiling than a lot of the MAGA faction, but I'm still getting my reads down and ceiling is nothing without development. I'm looking forward to watching your progress as we move forward. Can't base a game or season on any one play. It's more about the body of work.
    I lived on the Eastside when it was ok to call kids fags and sell dime bags for twenty bucks to the plateau riches.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Google "why does California ban everything" and you will see over a decade of articles about California banning everything from candy to cars to guns to youth football.

"California thinks there might be a 0.001% chance this product causes a 0.00001% increased risk of cancer if exposed to it frequently, so we want this warning label on here because we're a bunch of pussies"

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Not everyone in California is a pussy, but they have more per capital than any other state.
    All those California warnings also increase costs as it gets passed on to the consumers through increased insurance premiums as the insurance companies use this new law as an excuse to jack prices. .
    FTFY
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,989
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

I played tackle football in a dress and makeup

I believe it, pal.
  • Options
    houseofpain247houseofpain247 Member Posts: 151
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Standard Supporter
    Sandra6 said:

You clearly never saw me play junior tackle football.... Hit like a Mack truck
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,827
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Simple fact. Case closed. End of discussion.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyBuck said:

“More Per Capital than any other state”…..Well that explains this thread and a certain type of poster on here.
    Mis-spells are allowed and celebrated here, New Fish.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

I played tackle football in a dress and makeup

Isn’t that called smear the queer?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

89ute said:

Glad we don't recruit California anymore. You don't see this shit in Texas.

If a politician put this bill forward in Texas their house would be burned down within a week. You do not fuck with football in Texas.
    A similar great day occurred in Lynnwood, WA in the late 90s, when the neighborhood was informed a Level 3 Sex Offender was moving back to the neighborhood, so the Ford Ranger/Nissan Pickup driving neighborhood dads burned his house down.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

89ute said:

If a politician put this bill forward in Texas their house would be burned down within a week. You do not fuck with football in Texas.
    A similar great day occurred in Lynnwood, WA in the late 90s, when the neighborhood was informed a Level 3 Sex Offender was moving back to the neighborhood, so the Ford Ranger/Nissan Pickup driving neighborhood dads burned his house down.
    Hole e shit.

That’s a good short story.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,556
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

89ute said:

So good I decided to Google it as I'm not Pup.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1993-08-01-mn-19079-story.html
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,359
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sandra6 said:

Started playing PeeWee football when I was 9. Got my first concussion before fourth grade classes even started.