Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

California Bill Banning Football for Kids Under 12 Passes Committee

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,307
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

For real though, football is quickly becoming a sport for the poors. Unless they're destined to be a QB or kicker, you're signing your kid up for early onset CTE with the end goal of surviving for a few years in the NFL and getting a paycheck that's only guaranteed week to week.

Why do that when the Saudis and LA Dodgers are throwing around 9 figure guaranteed deals?

The richest schools have a lot higher turnout where I live. That's not what's happening. The west coast and California in particular is just full of pussies. Don't over complicate it.
    TITTT

It’s the atrazine in The water.
    Must be.

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,826
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I played 5 years of organized tackle football by the time I was in the ninth grade. Great memories.

Sweet Pea and Pee Wee in the Bothell leagues. Wallingford Boys Club in Seattle. Kenmore Junior High.

Pretty sure I have CTE and it hasn't hurt me that much.

Nobody lives forever and we have to die of something.

The west coast is getting too soft.

Where have all the TUFF loggers gone?

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,826
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

For real though, football is quickly becoming a sport for the poors. Unless they're destined to be a QB or kicker, you're signing your kid up for early onset CTE with the end goal of surviving for a few years in the NFL and getting a paycheck that's only guaranteed week to week.

Why do that when the Saudis and LA Dodgers are throwing around 9 figure guaranteed deals?

The richest schools have a lot higher turnout where I live. That's not what's happening. The west coast and California in particular is just full of pussies. Don't over complicate it.
    TITTT

Must be.

Woooosh.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Postal91 said:

They let kids drug up on gender shit.... But cannot play football. California.... Checks out. They are feminizing men at a rapid rate.

Anyone who subscribes to this shit needs to be given concrete shoes in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad. Just off yourself and do us all a favor.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

pawz said:

TITTT

Must be.

Woooosh.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 11
    Tug alert @DerekJohnson. Get this shit out of our face. It was clear from the first post. It went from a committee vote about youth football to California feminizing men. Are you fucking kidding me? Do we realize how stupid these people are or am I on an island of retard? Fuck me, man. I'm depressed enough as is during these days of grieving.
  • Options
    HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member Posts: 808
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Tug alert @DerekJohnson. Get this shit out of our face. It was clear from the first post. It went from a committee vote about youth football to California feminizing men. Are you fucking kidding me? Do we realize how stupid these people are or am I on an island of retard? Fuck me, man. I'm depressed enough as is during these days of grieving.

Google "why does California ban everything" and you will see over a decade of articles about California banning everything from candy to cars to guns to youth football.

I've bought many products with a warning on them that says:

"California thinks there might be a 0.001% chance this product causes a 0.00001% increased risk of cancer if exposed to it frequently, so we want this warning label on here because we're a bunch of pussies"

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Not everyone in California is a pussy, but they have more per capital than any other state.
    “More Per Capital than any other state”…..Well that explains this thread and a certain type of poster on here.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Postal91 said:

They let kids drug up on gender shit.... But cannot play football. California.... Checks out. They are feminizing men at a rapid rate.

There it is. One of our resident autists (if I say neurodivergent your head might explode) finally couldn't help themselves and had to spew AIDS for everyone else.
  • Options
    zachgafzachgaf Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 11

Ah, Someone's feelings got hurt. Maybe Doogman would be a safer place for you browse. Less microagressions and triggering posters.
  • Options
    Seven_ElevenSeven_Eleven Member Posts: 109
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

7th grade I was 14.

were you held back a year for being retarded?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,557
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

7th grade I was 14.

were you held back a year for being retarded?
    And?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 11

Man, the years of football through elementary into middle school were such a formative part of my life. So many good memories. In my experience, the sport didn’t have much capacity for danger until middle school.

Middle schools in California going to start recruiting from Arizona? “He’s got 4 years of pee-wee football, and 1 year middle school under his belt and he’ll do whatever it takes to win the game!”

No kidding. It's the rare 11 year old who's capable of launching himself like a missile and actually causing brain damage.

I don't think these kids are posing much of a threat to each other.