Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Your Guide to Houston That Doesn’t Suck

Comments

• Options
    Sobchak_SecuritySobchak_Security Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Paid parking lots inside the Reliant complex (some require passes, some don’t). Then there will be 50 businesses within walking distance that will offer parking for $40 or whatever. Reliant is steps from 610 (the loop), so if you can get out of the traffic in the official Reliant lots, you can be moving back to your destination pretty quick.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Can confirm Truth BBQ is worth the trip. If you get anything besides brisket you are a fag.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

Can confirm Truth BBQ is worth the trip. If you get anything besides brisket you are a fag.

Cauliflower is good I’m hearing
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,297
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Cauliflower is good I’m hearing
    So about 10 calories per. Gonna need better than that.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

If I'm willing to walk 18 miles in a blackout, how much can I save?

is Lady Bird lake anywhere near this?

I'm worried about #myDwags going missing
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,300
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    For real tho what is the best way to the stadium? And getting out of it?

Flying in the morning of. I have a car rental reserved cause Houston.

When I last looked the Downtown hotels were sold out.

———-
    Stay downtown if possible. Lots of decent hotels. And the only public transit any human being in Houston uses is the one Houston metro train route that goes from downtown to Reliant Stadium. If you’re in the area, I’ll buy you a drink. My law firm is right near the train pickup and I might open a tab for Huskies only if you promise to teach me the basic cheers and words to your fight song so I don’t look like a total chump.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Is renting a car a necessity? My buddies are planning on ubering everywhere, but that seems like it would get stupid expensive in a huge area like Houston. I can rent a full size car through Costco for like $250 for the 4 days I’ll be there. Seems like a no brainer
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Is renting a car a necessity? My buddies are planning on ubering everywhere, but that seems like it would get stupid expensive in a huge area like Houston. I can rent a full size car through Costco for like $250 for the 4 days I’ll be there. Seems like a no brainer

do it. @Sobchak_Security speaking of ninfas have you tried Laurenzos yet? i’m hearing good things

https://www.laurenzos.com/
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,357
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Info incomplete without rickshaw logistics.
  • Options

Assuming you’re flying into IAH (Bush), it’s about a $50 Uber one way down to the Med Center. You can Uber everywhere in town and it’s not that crazy. Houston’s big but Uber is pretty cheap. I’d probably get the car but it’s not an absolute necessity if you’re staying somewhere in “the loop.”

• Options

do it. @Sobchak_Security speaking of ninfas have you tried Laurenzos yet? i’m hearing good things

https://www.laurenzos.com/
    It’s great.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,866
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I was going to bring up the zoning, but I thought it would be a nerdy thread jack. Now that someone brought it up, why isn't there zoning?
  • Options

I was going to bring up the zoning, but I thought it would be a nerdy thread jack. Now that someone brought it up, why isn't there zoning?

Because FREEDOM.

Really I have no idea. It leads to some pretty wild stuff, like a bar beside a house beside a church beside a strip club.

Houston’s historically had a little “fuck it” Wild West energy and the City Government’s been owned by the money men. I assume that’s where it comes from.

• Options
    Just the way GOD intended it.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Fine I’ll be the one to ask…. You’re not the guy with the futures bet that will pay $400k if we win next week, are you? If so, you’re an absolute animal.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,120
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Fine I’ll be the one to ask…. You’re not the guy with the futures bet that will pay $400k if we win next week, are you? If so, you’re an absolute animal.

That guy is in DFW, or at least flys out of DFW airport. I’d love to get an update on him if he’s still alive