Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I have a conundrum

EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,519
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
My wife started a new job a month ago, and the company Christmas party is tonight...at 5 fucking o'clock. This is not my first scheduling dilemma of the season. My 7yo had a soccer game during the first Oregon game, and a basketball game during one of the other games, Utah maybe. Both times, I was a good dad and shut my phone off until I caught up to live, and the football gods rewarded me with a UW victory. This is the biggest UW-UO game in history, and probably the biggest game for the program since the 1992 Rose Bowl. Do I.....

I have a conundrum 63 votes

Bail on the Christmas party, and likely my marriage
34%
jecornelAZDuckPurpleJdtdExtraChrisBno_uhCSEDawgwhatshouldicareaboutphineasAlexisGreenRiverGatorzdoogvilleNEsnake12backthepackBleachedAnusDawgdannarcRDRJoeEDangerouslydirtysouwfdawgCanadawg 22 votes
Go to the party, but watch the game on my phone
19%
Fire_Marshall_BillMad_Son79smoothdawgalumni94PurpleReignPurpleThrobberntxduckPitchfork51BearsWiinflatusToiletBowl1983PatsDoog 12 votes
Go to the party, shut off my phone, be an engaged, loving, and devoted husband, all while guaranteeing victory for the Dwags
46%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverRaceBannonwhlindervadawgPurpleBazeUWhuskytskeetdncTheHBbiak1SarkinghamDooglesUWerentThereManSonnyShackelfordspudenLebamDawgSourcesRoadTripYellowSnowFireCohenNorwegianHusky 29 votes

Comments

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,261
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    DBAP
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,126
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know you’ll do the right thing (good husband shit) and for that I’m sorry for you. Hopefully you’ll get some but stuff out of it or what ever tickles your shot filled throat.

I clearly DGAF about my marriage, only my kids, so here’s what I would say. Christmas office parties happen every year. How often do 12-0 seasons?

Then just buy a dog, worked out great for me.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,519
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    CatGut said:

While being the devoted husband that you are, you also need to make sure your wife understands the burden you are heroically bearing for her.

I just read your poast in the other thread, and it sounds like we have the same miserable life. We also have 2/5/7 year olds, and this would be a trifecta of Dwag success for me as well, so this might be the only option. I'm superstitious as fuck, and I'm pretty sure God will smite me with an Oregon plungering if I don't do the right thing here.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Heard you're a North Idaho guy. Come watch the gayme at the Land in Pullme! HH EWA get together 🤣
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I know you’ll do the right thing (good husband shit) and for that I’m sorry for you. Hopefully you’ll get some but stuff out of it or what ever tickles your shot filled throat.

I clearly DGAF about my marriage, only my kids, so here’s what I would say. Christmas office parties happen every year. How often do 12-0 seasons?

Then just buy a dog, worked out great for me.

The whole watch the game on the phone might be a good idea. I’m sure it’ll attract other husbands who don’t want to be there and you could position that as making an effort to mix and mingle with her co-workers and spouses co-workers. Make sure you figure out which one is her boss or bosses spouse and work on negotiating a raise. Might be the closest thing to a compromise that you get… either way, God speed.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

CatGut said:

While being the devoted husband that you are, you also need to make sure your wife understands the burden you are heroically bearing for her.

I just read your poast in the other thread, and it sounds like we have the same miserable life. We also have 2/5/7 year olds, and this would be a trifecta of Dwag success for me as well, so this might be the only option. I'm superstitious as fuck, and I'm pretty sure God will smite me with an Oregon plungering if I don't do the right thing here.
    See, this is that good person shit I was saying about you. As a potty mouth and proclaimed lover of God, I can tell you he doesn’t give two fucks about a football game.

Enjoy the Christmas party.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,968
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Go to the party, but watch the game on my phone
    Make a cameo so her boss sees it, then go home, and tell her you don't need 17 dogs and they can stay outside
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    A REAL wife would not have committed to going to a boring office party on a game night. Just started a month ago = "Sorry, I already had plans but will see you at next year's event."