Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I have a conundrum

Comments

• Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bail on the Christmas party, and likely my marriage
    If you go with the last option, does it guarantee you a no questions asked/no hassle trip to the CFP if UW wins? That might do it for me.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,795
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Your wife is a dumb bitch if she forces you to go to that
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,519
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    no_uh said:

If you go with the last option, does it guarantee you a no questions asked/no hassle trip to the CFP if UW wins? That might do it for me.

Yes, but I kinda already have that in the bag since my 40th is next month. If the Dwags make the Rose Bowel, I’ll be there, shit in throat, with a couple buddies
  • Options
    Founders Club

I am currently watching 7 games on 3 monitors, drinking whiskey, smoking keef and talking shit

My girlfriend, and her girlfriend, are watching Friends from across the living room and looking at me like I'm a psychopath.

I tell her I'm a bigger cuog fan than she is and to STFU
    Case closed.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,518
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Go to the party, but watch the game on my phone
    There’s surely a bar area that will have the game on at the venue? Just follow it on your phone and step in there for key moments
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,268
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Go to the party, shut off my phone, be an engaged, loving, and devoted husband, all while guaranteeing victory for the Dwags

I am currently watching 7 games on 3 monitors, drinking whiskey, smoking keef and talking shit

My girlfriend, and her girlfriend, are watching Friends from across the living room and looking at me like I'm a psychopath.

I tell her I'm a bigger cuog fan than she is and to STFU
    Case closed.
    End of story, Pod.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,968
    Founders Club

I guess I should add: this job could eventually pay her enough to where I could be a less gay version of @BearsWiin and work at gun stores and golf courses for fun.

Naw man. Don't be that guy. Don't push a baby stroller either.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,182
    Founders Club
    Go to the party, shut off my phone, be an engaged, loving, and devoted husband, all while guaranteeing victory for the Dwags
    Don’t change anything.

It won’t impact the game but you’ll go fucking nuts if you change it up and they don’t win.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,182
    Founders Club

If you have a good woman, and a loving, strong marriage she’ll understand if you need to miss the office party this year and you’ll make it up to her (be sure to follow through).

Just have a conversation about it first obviously.

And by the way, I’ve never understood the stress we’ve always put ourselves under to be at every damn soccer game, company function, etc. for our kids and significant others. It doesn’t make you a bad parent/spouse to miss one or two. Relax people.

This. We had a friend pass away a week or before the first Oregon game, memorial service day of. My wife asked if I was going and I said no, I’d be going but with the game happening even if I’m recording it.

She understood.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,425
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

If you have a good woman, and a loving, strong marriage she’ll understand if you need to miss the office party this year and you’ll make it up to her (be sure to follow through).

Just have a conversation about it first obviously.

And by the way, I’ve never understood the stress we’ve always put ourselves under to be at every damn soccer game, company function, etc. for our kids and significant others. It doesn’t make you a bad parent/spouse to miss one or two. Relax people.

Conversation?

Last night my wife asks if I'm watching the Seahawks game

No

I had a jacket because I was going to sneak a smoke

Why do you have a jacket?

You sure ask a lot of questions

It's called communicating

Oh that's what that is
    We call that interrogation in my house. And I’m the one always under the lamp.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Gadzooks!
  • Options
    Founders Club

Some of you Franny’s need to lighten up a bit. My wife isn’t making me do shit, I’m not going to be a stay at home dad, and @CFetters_Nacho_Lover is spot on. If I change it up and we lose, I’ll probably devolve into madness and end up in a homeless camp in Portland dying of an overdose from doing fentanyl dick dingers.

Grab a hold of your nuts, admit nothing you do has any impact on the game, take a 20 mile walk along the beach for some desperately needed perspective, watch the fucking game and let wifey peg you as "punishment" 75k😉

Seriously, between this shit and @YellowSnow refusing to watch the MSU game due to some dumb moral platitude about spending $10 on a stream, some of you need to get it the fuck together.

DAWGS fans. You think MS ST DAWG or GA DAWG are doing that shit?

You Can Act Like A Man .gif

@RaceBannon
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,669
    If you bail and then uw loses your life will be shit