Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

P12 Championship line going up

Comments

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The two best teams championship game and championship games in a conference in general is stupid but it's a dead horse. Last year was way worse where the fucktarded system put arguably the 4th and 5th best teams in teh conference at the end of the season into the game. My big problem with the way this year shook out is Washington gets nothing for winning the conference and going undefeated and beating the #2 and #3 teams. No bye. No home field. Just a team they already beat who gets one more day of rest. And it certainly doesn't guarantee a team getting in. If god forbid Oregon wins I don't see why they get in over one loss Georgia, undefeated Florida State, one loss Texas, or one-loss Alabama, and even Ohio State, but I get Ohio State isn't getting in over a "conference champion."

Also in a lot of years where top teams lose this easily could have been a year where Washington could have even afforded to lose to Arizona and get in and Oregon could get in with one loss while not playing in the game ala Ohio State last year.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Still bitching about having to play Oregon again.

Jesus, guys
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2023

AOG said:

I don't get the point of this "championship" since we? already beat the Dukx and finished first. Money? Staff, true?

Utah didn’t complain when they had to beat Oregon twice two years ago, and then USC twice last year. Quit being and bitch a grow a pair. Win and you’re in. Don’t and you can’t finish. It is what it is. This isn’t 2011 anymore.
    Or don't lose the first game

Tough talk when the retarded pac 12 is your only hope
    Same system in the B1G next year. Nobody said much about this when this was implemented last year.
    UW did since they got hosed out of the CCG

B1G isn't using division schedules
    May as well not even play the conference schedule then.

I don’t think either OR or Washington damnit! really wants Arizona right now
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2023

The two best teams championship game and championship games in a conference in general is stupid but it's a dead horse. Last year was way worse where the fucktarded system put arguably the 4th and 5th best teams in teh conference at the end of the season into the game. My big problem with the way this year shook out is Washington gets nothing for winning the conference and going undefeated and beating the #2 and #3 teams. No bye. No home field. Just a team they already beat who gets one more day of rest. And it certainly doesn't guarantee a team getting in. If god forbid Oregon wins I don't see why they get in over one loss Georgia, undefeated Florida State, one loss Texas, or one-loss Alabama, and even Ohio State, but I get Ohio State isn't getting in over a "conference champion."

Also in a lot of years where top teams lose this easily could have been a year where Washington could have even afforded to lose to Arizona and get in and Oregon could get in with one loss while not playing in the game ala Ohio State last year.

There’s no chance a 1 loss PAC 12 team that doesn’t win the conference gets in ever.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,507
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023
    thechatch said:

Jesus, guys

You should be on your Monday-Friday kneepads and blowing George K for changing the rules and yet you're back to nothing, useless comments on here.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

thechatch said:

Jesus, guys

You should be on your Monday-Friday kneepads and blowing George K for changing the rules and yet you're back to nothing, useless comments on here.
    Overserved IPA @haie is the best @haie
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

The odds of two teams squaring off three times in the same season is going to be decently high. It's pretty stupid.

It’s going to be pretty hard to make a Conf champ game and not make the playoffs in the B1G/SEC.
    Exactly. If this were next year, tOSU and Michigan are both in the playoffs. Washington and Oregon are both in. Texas and Alabama are both in. Alabama/Georgia. If Washington and Oregon somehow finish top-two in the B1G next year, it's possible they could play each other three times consecutively.
    The committee is going to be pretty intentional about putting conference mates in different brackets
    3 consecutively could only happen for the conference winner since they would get a bye to the quarters, and then after the conference loser beats some G5 or loser B12 program to make the quarters, then they would play again.

All 3 games in different places too.

It’s going to be so weird. I wonder if the feel of a big game, that feeling that takes over campus for a few days leading up to a big time OOC matchup or conference game, will be lost forever in this format.

Anyway surprised the line hasn’t reached -19 with Penix out
    All this shit about Penix being out caused me nightmares. I dreamt Jake Fucking Browning started the game. First play was a flea flicker and Browning did his patented spin and run backwards move before panicking and trying to pitch the ball across the field. UW got lucky that a defender was nowhere near the ball and it was only a 7 yard loss.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    haie said:

AOG said:

I don't get the point of this "championship" since we? already beat the Dukx and finished first. Money? Staff, true?

Utah didn’t complain when they had to beat Oregon twice two years ago, and then USC twice last year. Quit being and bitch a grow a pair. Win and you’re in. Don’t and you can’t finish. It is what it is. This isn’t 2011 anymore.
    Or don't lose the first game

Tough talk when the retarded pac 12 is your only hope
    Same system in the B1G next year. Nobody said much about this when this was implemented last year.
    UW did since they got hosed out of the CCG

B1G isn't using division schedules
    They aren’t using divisions period. That’s the point. They got sick of either Michigan or Ohio St getting left off the conference title game for Iowa, Purdue, and Wisconsin.
    If the B1G would have done away with divisions, but still had all the B1G East teams play each other (and limp dick B1G West teams play each other) they would have been up in arms.

What the Pac 12 did was a desperation play for TV money, it wasn't about an equitable system.

We know the divisions was an equitable system, because if you play the hard schedule (P12 North) they're simply elimination games.

Which Washington eliminated Oregon both years, went undefeated in the harder division, and deserved to get USC and Arizona.
    Equitable? What’s more equitable than the two best teams playing for the conference title?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

Why will there still even be conference championship games with a 12 team playoff?

$$$$$$$$$$
    Only way to determine a champ with 20 team leagues
    Or your champion is the team with the best record at the end of the season. Seemed to have worked fine for a hundred years.

College is going to end up with a 16 game schedule for teams in the playoffs. Beyond stupid. It's not supposed to be the same as the NFL.
    It worked fine when conferences had 10 teams and you played almost everyone (if not everyone). I agree on your second point. It’s really dumb.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bama made the playoffs twice by not being in the CCG

If UW played Arizona Oregon would be sitting pretty with the eye test as the best one loss team

• Options

If UW played Arizona Oregon would be sitting pretty with the eye test as the best one loss team

That is a very unlikely scenario.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

No it isn't
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

bisonduck said:

No it isn't
    The media and committee have been ranking Oregon over equal loss Alabama, Ohio State, Texas and are dying to undefeated FSU so I don't think it's entirely unlikely. I'd also add that this is like the number one year for top teams not losing (UW and Oregon included to be fair) and in a lot of years a one-loss team like Oregon even not in the CG would be in a pretty good spot.
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter

bisonduck said:

No it isn't
    The media and committee have been ranking Oregon over equal loss Alabama, Ohio State, Texas and are dying to undefeated FSU so I don't think it's entirely unlikely. I'd also add that this is like the number one year for top teams not losing (UW and Oregon included to be fair) and in a lot of years a one-loss team like Oregon even not in the CG would be in a pretty good spot.
    I think Oregon would have no chance in that scenario unless Washington lost to Arizona, FSU lost to Louisville, and Bama lost to UGA.

In that case, I think Oregon sneaks in but is jumped by Texas if the Horns win the B12.

Georgia
    Michigan
    Texas
    Oregon

So this is the only plausible scenario that any team not named Georgia would get in without winning their conference.

But reality bites so you? must BONEM.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

bisonduck said:

No it isn't
    There is a chance we don't make it without the win over UW - it's slim. We would absolutely get jumped with the current resume.