Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

P12 Championship line going up

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

Retardation gif

Be more like @Sources. He just spams my poasts with NYBE, Fuck offs, Bury Post, and Flag.
    Typical duck. Not #battletested
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sources said:

Case closed.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2023
    HFNY said:

Bet volume has been trending Washington while total dollars is trending Oregon. It’s the public picking Washington and sharps picking Oregon. Both have been known to be wrong in big ways, just providing the data trend. It’s about a 63-37 split in bet volume favoring Washington and the points.

It's my understanding there would be no math on this bored.

But I also thought that the sharps tend to come in the day before a game once the line has settled and they see an arbitrage opportunity (I concede that I am certainly not a "sharp").
    Sharps do a lot of things. It was large sum bets that originally drove the spread from -7.5 to -9.5. Large bets are assumed as sharps even though there are a lot of rich idiots who just get the itch and don’t have much knowledge. But general the larger the bet, the more likely it’s a sharp. They make big bets when they see an advantage. What I think will happen is they already got the Ducks at -7.5. I have a feeling they are hoping this gets bet to -10.5, then they go hard on Washington. That creates the arbitrage that if Oregon wins by between 8-10 points, the bettor wins on both tickets.
  • Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

HFNY said:

Bet volume has been trending Washington while total dollars is trending Oregon. It’s the public picking Washington and sharps picking Oregon. Both have been known to be wrong in big ways, just providing the data trend. It’s about a 63-37 split in bet volume favoring Washington and the points.

But I also thought that the sharps tend to come in the day before a game once the line has settled and they see an arbitrage opportunity (I concede that I am certainly not a "sharp").
    Sharps do a lot of things. It was large sum bets that originally drove the spread from -7.5 to -9.5. Large bets are assumed as sharps even though there are a lot of rich idiots who just get the itch and don’t have much knowledge. But general the larger the bet, the more likely it’s a sharp. They make big bets when they see an advantage. What I think will happen is they already got the Ducks at -7.5. I have a feeling they are hoping this gets bet to -10.5, then they go hard on Washington. That creates the arbitrage that if Oregon wins by between 8-10 points, the bettor wins on both tickets.
    I've only been able to arbitrage bet once and it was an amazing feeling.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    DucksFC said:

Is there an over/under on how many times the ducks will soccer flop to stop the clock?

I already put $100 down on three amputations
    Over and under is always 5
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

HFNY said:

That’s what i heard on a podcast as well. Expect this to breach 10 and swing the other way. If it doesn’t get bet down, there’s something going on like an injury or something of that nature.
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,478
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I don't get the point of this "championship" since we? already beat the Dukx and finished first. Money? Staff, true?
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    bisonduck said:

HFNY said:

That’s what i heard on a podcast as well. Expect this to breach 10 and swing the other way. If it doesn’t get bet down, there’s something going on like an injury or something of that nature.
    Do tell?
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    flatus said:

bisonduck said:

HFNY said:

Do tell?
    I think UW is mostly healthy except for recurring vaginitis.
  • Options
    Seven_ElevenSeven_Eleven Member Posts: 109
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    LaZoris said:

There are way more rich idiots betting than one would think. A lot of them bet online so I don;t know if several 6 digit bets move the line if it's done on fan duel or draft kings.
    Know someone who is a book... He said some idiot called him and bet $30k on Alabama money line. They were favored -13 over Auburn at the time.

$30k on the moneyline was -1600 odds. Total payout was $1875. Risk $30k to win $1875 and it took a 4th&31 to do it. He should have live bet $100 late in 4th Qtr when Bama had less that 1% to win he would have got a way better payout.

There are thousands and thousands of fucktards out there who bet like "sharps" - not sure if those dipshits move the line tho.

CSB

I get your point, but using an example of somebody who won their bet isn't a good example.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

bisonduck said:

Retardation gif

Be more like @Sources. He just spams my poasts with NYBE, Fuck offs, Bury Post, and Flag.

Fucking gold

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

LaZoris said:

There are way more rich idiots betting than one would think. A lot of them bet online so I don;t know if several 6 digit bets move the line if it's done on fan duel or draft kings.
    Know someone who is a book... He said some idiot called him and bet $30k on Alabama money line. They were favored -13 over Auburn at the time.

$30k on the moneyline was -1600 odds. Total payout was $1875. Risk $30k to win $1875 and it took a 4th&31 to do it. He should have live bet $100 late in 4th Qtr when Bama had less that 1% to win he would have got a way better payout.

There are thousands and thousands of fucktards out there who bet like "sharps" - not sure if those dipshits move the line tho.

CSB

I get your point, but using an example of somebody who won their bet isn't a good example.
    U gnu hear?
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think you and I can disagree on the meaning of the term "sharps". NTTIATWWT
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

HFNY said:

"Sharp" superiority guy
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

AOG said:

I don't get the point of this "championship" since we? already beat the Dukx and finished first. Money? Staff, true?

Utah didn’t complain when they had to beat Oregon twice two years ago, and then USC twice last year. Quit being and bitch a grow a pair. Win and you’re in. Don’t and you can’t finish. It is what it is. This isn’t 2011 anymore.
    Yup, just need to prove it on the field