Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recent history update

Comments

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Life after Mariota and Adams was not kind to Helfrich.

Terrible recruiting and worse staff decisions did him in, because he was never a CEO and he was never a recruiter. He was a reasonable OC and QB coach and should have stayed in that role at the college level.

Let’s see Lanning after Nix
    Let’s see Deboer after Penix

We’ve seen Mario after Herbert.

We’ve seen Jimbo after Jameis.

So many of these guys are one trick ponies when the right QB1 falls into their lap.

Petersen and Bellotti had longer term success because they understood that was the one position that they had to get right, and for the most part they recruited and staffed well around that spot.

Lanning I’m convinced outsources that position to the coordinator(Dillingham brought Nix) and that’s fine because Lanning is a defensive guy who wants to defer to someone like Dillingham or Stein to bring in the guy that’s going to work for their system.

Mario wants total control over everything. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

Life after Mariota and Adams was not kind to Helfrich.

Terrible recruiting and worse staff decisions did him in, because he was never a CEO and he was never a recruiter. He was a reasonable OC and QB coach and should have stayed in that role at the college level.

Let’s see Lanning after Nix
    Let’s see Deboer after Penix

We’ve seen Mario after Herbert.

We’ve seen Jimbo after Jameis.

So many of these guys are one trick ponies when the right QB1 falls into their lap.

Petersen and Bellotti had longer term success because they understood that was the one position that they had to get right, and for the most part they recruited and staffed well around that spot.

Lanning I’m convinced outsources that position to the coordinator(Dillingham brought Nix) and that’s fine because Lanning is a defensive guy who wants to defer to someone like Dillingham or Stein to bring in the guy that’s going to work for their system.

Mario wants total control over everything. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t.

Agree, but there are some very good signs that we didn't see with Helfrich or Mario. Small sample size but the play of the backup QB this year had definitely improved. The defense has improved greatly this year. Lanning doesn't appear to have a problem utilizing the strengths of his offense. Mario losing to Stanford due almost entirely to his stubbornness and an unwillingness to exploit Oregon's team speed advantage over Stanford isn't a problem I've seen in Lanning. That loss has to been one of the worst Oregon losses since Helfrich. It may have a lot to do with Nix, but Lanning is two for two in O-coordinator hires.
  • Options
    Agreed.

Lanning needs to close in 2023. Next 3 weeks and then what he does with the QB position in 2024 will tell the story of the next ten years of his career, I feel.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,916
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023
    SFGbob said:

@SFGbob can you go back to Silent Cal, por favor?

The new look creeps me out.

It's a picture of haie being serviced by Retard Helmet. I think they look great.

Silent Cal was a classy, dignified look. I just feel bad for the kid in this picture.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

Agreed.

Lanning needs to close in 2023. Next 3 weeks and then what he does with the QB position in 2024 will tell the story of the next ten years of his career, I feel.

If Lanning wins out and ends up losing another close one to UW I'm not going to freak out about it. Sometimes you get beat by a better team. I'm not saying UW is a better team at this point but if they beat us again in the Championship game you just have to tip your hat, the debate will be over.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

@SFGbob can you go back to Silent Cal, por favor?

The new look creeps me out.

It's a picture of haie being serviced by Retard Helmet. I think they look great.

Silent Cal was a classy, dignified look. I just feel bad for the kid in this picture.

Feel bad for Retard Helmet, he's the one getting the shitty end of the stick in this deal. haie, is a retard, and like most retards he has no idea he is a retard.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

thechatch said:

Agreed.

If Lanning wins out and ends up losing another close one to UW I'm not going to freak out about it. Sometimes you get beat by a better team. I'm not saying UW is a better team at this point but if they beat us again in the Championship game you just have to tip your hat, the debate will be over.

If Washington loses DeBoer better pack his bags

• Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

thechatch said:

Agreed.

This place will have it's usual meltdown. If you guys beat us again, you should be ranked no lower than No. 2. You won't be but that's where I'd put you.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

thechatch said:

Agreed.

This place will have it's usual meltdown. If you guys beat us again, you should be ranked no lower than No. 2. You won't be but that's where I'd put you.
    We do have our standards here

DeBoer has way exceeded expectations already. He's getting a raise regardless

I think Lanning will too

We'll be doing this again next year
  • Options
    If Landon goes oh, and three against you – first two years, I will officially be concerned.

Last year‘s loss was tougher to swallow than this years, and race is going to make fun of me, but I’m convinced that in both games, Oregon was the better team, and at the end of the day that’s on Lanning to make sure that you win when you’re better
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

If Landon goes oh, and three against you – first two years, I will officially be concerned.

Last year‘s loss was tougher to swallow than this years, and race is going to make fun of me, but I’m convinced that in both games, Oregon was the better team, and at the end of the day that’s on Lanning to make sure that you win when you’re better

@iDawg and I thought UW was better than UO for about the first half of the duckade

I get it
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

I was much more troubled by last year's loss than this year's loss. If we lose the Championship game 30 - 32, because our kicker misses a last second fg it's going to really suck but I'm not going to put that all on Lanning.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

thechatch said:

@iDawg and I thought UW was better than UO for about the first half of the duckade

I get it
    If you were really head and shoulders better you would have been blowing us out by two touchdowns.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

You guys hired Sark. You were trying to be serious about football you just sucked at it

Jimmy Lake was celebrated and cheered by you guys

Disagree. Sark wasn't a hire by a school trying to be serious about football.
    You say that now. Sark was a hot commodity when you guys hired him and most of you thought you were lucky to get him. Like I said, you just sucked at it. Hiring Ty was the hire that showed you were more interested in virtue signaling than you were football.
    Most doogs did, but these guys were down on Sark within a couple months of the hire. I've been around a while
    The Sark hire was mostly hated at HHB. There was one notable HHB who celebrated it, his name has been omitted out of respect for the dead. But the majority of us(?) were staunchly against it.

Lake, yeah most people here celebrated that shitshow.
    There was a pole on Lake, recently bumped, that showed his hiring was not universally beloved.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

You guys hired Sark. You were trying to be serious about football you just sucked at it

You say that now. Sark was a hot commodity when you guys hired him and most of you thought you were lucky to get him. Like I said, you just sucked at it. Hiring Ty was the hire that showed you were more interested in virtue signaling than you were football.
    Most doogs did, but these guys were down on Sark within a couple months of the hire. I've been around a while
    The Sark hire was mostly hated at HHB. There was one notable HHB who celebrated it, his name has been omitted out of respect for the dead. But the majority of us(?) were staunchly against it.

Lake, yeah most people here celebrated that shitshow.
    There was a pole on Lake, recently bumped, that showed his hiring was not universally beloved.
    I'll admit, I was at the LSU game and clapped for "a moral victory". Then we? upset USC. I was also young, fresh out of college, and had suffered through Owen as a student.

Learned my lesson, I was nervous about the Lake hire and full LIPO mode. LIPO undefeated.

Anyways, this is definitely not the place that's been "all in" on just about any hire. I was still a lurker but I remember there being question marks around Petermen's ability to transition to big boy football as well.
  • Options

thechatch said:

I get it
    2004 - UO 31 UW 6
    2005 - UO 45 UW 21
    2006 - UO 34 UW 14
    2007 - UO 55 UW 34

I can see how you thought UW was actually the better team, and only a handful of plays away from proving that.

See ya in Vegas.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

I get it
    2004 - UO 31 UW 6
    2005 - UO 45 UW 21
    2006 - UO 34 UW 14
    2007 - UO 55 UW 34

I can see how you thought UW was actually the better team, and only a handful of plays away from proving that.

See ya in Vegas.
    Broken
  • Options

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

I get it
    2004 - UO 31 UW 6
    2005 - UO 45 UW 21
    2006 - UO 34 UW 14
    2007 - UO 55 UW 34

See ya in Vegas.
    Broken
    Nah I’m good👍
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

I get it
    2004 - UO 31 UW 6
    2005 - UO 45 UW 21
    2006 - UO 34 UW 14
    2007 - UO 55 UW 34

See ya in Vegas.
    Broken
    Nah I’m good👍
    Disagree
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    thechatch said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Agreed, many quickly realized they'd been sold a pig in a poke but that doesn't negate the fact most were very excited over his hire.

Didn't the schism that ended up generating this site stem in part from the Sark loyalists and the people who were down on Sark? Or am I not recalling that clearly?
    Nurses?!

We have runaway poopee in 4a. Cleanup and sedative, stat.
    The harder you try the worse it gets
    Fits right in here on the duck bored.