Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recent history update

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The original split was when Babs fired Rick in June and hired Gilby, The fracture grew when Ty was hired. It became fatal when Ty wasn't fired in 07. That was when the half brains were born

More people got ran from Dawgman for criticizing Sark.

Thanks, so Sark wasn't the spark. I do recall a lot of love for Sark but you're right that was coming from Dawgman not this place. I don't think I ever visited this place until long after Sark was gone.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

You guys hired Sark. You were trying to be serious about football you just sucked at it

Jimmy Lake was celebrated and cheered by you guys

Disagree. Sark wasn't a hire by a school trying to be serious about football.
    You say that now. Sark was a hot commodity when you guys hired him and most of you thought you were lucky to get him. Like I said, you just sucked at it. Hiring Ty was the hire that showed you were more interested in virtue signaling than you were football.
    I think you're way off the mark here on Sark. He was not a hot commodity that big time programs were salivating over. He was an unproven, hot shot coordinator with some sizzle who ended up at a reeling program that just went Owen 12.

The Big Dick / Serious About Football move would have been to make Mora an offer he couldn't refuse back in 2007. Maybe that doesn't go well with hindsight being 20/20, but it would have signaled UW being serious about football.

The funny thing about all this recent history hawt talk re: how much better Oregon has been over the past 20 years is that here were with #5 UW and #6 Oregon both fighting tooth and nail for a spot in the CFP. No matter how many times UW commits program ending type suicides, we're always just one good hire away from being a top tier program. And we don't need a tennis shoe mogul booster to just do it.

A top tier program that's never won a play-off game or a major bowl for over 20 years. Screams top tier.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,916
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

You guys hired Sark. You were trying to be serious about football you just sucked at it

You say that now. Sark was a hot commodity when you guys hired him and most of you thought you were lucky to get him. Like I said, you just sucked at it. Hiring Ty was the hire that showed you were more interested in virtue signaling than you were football.
    I think you're way off the mark here on Sark. He was not a hot commodity that big time programs were salivating over. He was an unproven, hot shot coordinator with some sizzle who ended up at a reeling program that just went Owen 12.

The Big Dick / Serious About Football move would have been to make Mora an offer he couldn't refuse back in 2007. Maybe that doesn't go well with hindsight being 20/20, but it would have signaled UW being serious about football.

The funny thing about all this recent history hawt talk re: how much better Oregon has been over the past 20 years is that here were with #5 UW and #6 Oregon both fighting tooth and nail for a spot in the CFP. No matter how many times UW commits program ending type suicides, we're always just one good hire away from being a top tier program. And we don't need a tennis shoe mogul booster to just do it.

A top tier program that's never won a play-off game or a major bowl for over 20 years. Screams top tier.
    Winning conference titles and making college football playoff appearances = Top Tier football.

I don't hold it against Oregon for losing to Auburn or Ohio State (multiple times). They've still been a Top Tier program in most years since Chip got the HC job.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Winning conference titles and making college football playoff appearances = Top Tier football.

I don't hold it against Oregon for losing to Auburn or Ohio State (multiple times). They've still been a Top Tier program in most years since Chip got the HC job.
    Nope, I've been told here repeatedly that Oregon hasn't won anything.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Not by me.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Not by me.
    Sorry, you're guilty by association. Oregon sucks, and has never won anything.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Not by me.
    Sorry, you're guilty by association. Oregon sucks, and has never won anything.
    Well, I live a different life these days than most of Husky nation. I have to strike a delicate balance between shit talking and diplomacy.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2023

The original split was when Babs fired Rick in June and hired Gilby, The fracture grew when Ty was hired. It became fatal when Ty wasn't fired in 07. That was when the half brains were born

More people got ran from Dawgman for criticizing Sark.

But you didn't join up here until December of 2012, long after Sark was hired. I believe that there is some revisionist history going on here. Yeah, you may not of been a big Sark fan, as I recall you were a Mora fanboy, but there were plenty of UW fans who loved the Sark hire and believed it to be a BIG time move. I also recall some early love for the Holt hire as well. And then you saw the product he was putting on the field and lets just say, where did the love go?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This isn't half brain huskies

This place came in after @iDawg blew up the halfbrain place
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

This isn't half brain huskies

This place came in after @iDawg blew up the halfbrain place

You'll have to tell me that story one day. I was always under the assumption that this just an evolution of the Half-brain site.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It is an evolution. Derek stepped up with some guys and got it off the ground

I'm not saying everyone hated Sark by the way. There was some excitement
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2023

It is an evolution. Derek stepped up with some guys and got it off the ground

I'm not saying everyone hated Sark by the way. There was some excitement

Yeah, I recall you being the skunk at the dinner party, but most were pretty happy with the hire, and until the "house money" season, satisfied with the direction the program was headed.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I was first and right about Sark.

Too drunk and too reckless to be a real HC. The stories about him fucking waitresses and blacking out/passing out in his car didn’t start at Joey-Bellevue. That shit was all over him going back to his earliest days at SC….
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

I was first and right about Sark.

Too drunk and too reckless to be a real HC. The stories about him fucking waitresses and blacking out/passing out in his car didn’t start at Joey-Bellevue. That shit was all over him going back to his earliest days at SC….

Fucking waitresses and blacking out? Resume enhancers baby.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

He was a coordinator and nobody was after him. What a moron you are, Blob.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2023

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Yeah, nobody ever goes after coordinators to be their head coach.

Do the other UW fans who aren't fucking morons ever get embarrassed by these dipshits?

And look at haie, chinning this fucking stupidity.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Yeah, nobody ever goes after coordinators to be their head coach.

Do the other UW fans who aren't fucking morons ever get embarrassed by these dipshits?

And look at haie, chinning this fucking stupidity.
    People forget Kiffin was Carrolls brainchild, Sark was just the QB hype guy, then began one of the great falling up stories in college football history.