Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    How about over the last 3 and 3/4s years with games played on Friday's when the QB's mother is in the stands?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,916
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

How about over the last 3 and 3/4s years with games played on Friday's when the QB's mother is in the stands?

I know we like arbitrary starting points historically speaking around here. I’m just reporting on what I’m seeing.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

I know we like arbitrary starting points historically speaking around here. I’m just reporting on what I’m seeing.
    10, 15, 20, 25 or since the turn of the century seems more natural to me. 8 years, seems forced and contrived.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Oregon is 3-2 in its last 5 games against warshington
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

10, 15, 20, 25 or since the turn of the century seems more natural to me. 8 years, seems forced and contrived.
    Yeah, 8 seems contrived, except perhaps in that 2015 is the first year post the 2009- 2014 Chip/ GOOD Slingblade run.

Jury's still out on whether 2023 Oregon can match the achievements of those squads.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

Sorry, we can only use a prime number in order to measure
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Yeah, 8 seems contrived, except perhaps in that 2015 is the first year post the 2009- 2014 Chip/ GOOD Slingblade run.

Jury's still out on whether 2023 Oregon can match the achievements of those squads.
    You were getting your ass kicked even before Chip came along. Chip just ensured the ass kicking was bigger.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Btw, you guys lost more to Sling blade than you won. He was 3 - 1 against you.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

You were getting your ass kicked even before Chip came along. Chip just ensured the ass kicking was bigger.
    You guys are lucky Oregon cared more about football that Washington for most of the past 20 years. Imagine having Slingblade and Willie for 10 of the past 20.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

But only 1-2 since I became an Oregonian, so I've got that going for me.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    You guys hired Sark. You were trying to be serious about football you just sucked at it

Jimmy Lake was celebrated and cheered by you guys
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

You guys hired Sark. You were trying to be serious about football you just sucked at it

Disagree. Sark wasn't a hire by a school trying to be serious about football.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    And the Pac 12 hasn't had a playoff win during that time.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

You say that now. Sark was a hot commodity when you guys hired him and most of you thought you were lucky to get him. Like I said, you just sucked at it. Hiring Ty was the hire that showed you were more interested in virtue signaling than you were football.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

You say that now. Sark was a hot commodity when you guys hired him and most of you thought you were lucky to get him. Like I said, you just sucked at it. Hiring Ty was the hire that showed you were more interested in virtue signaling than you were football.
    Most doogs did, but these guys were down on Sark within a couple months of the hire. I've been around a while
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Most doogs did, but these guys were down on Sark within a couple months of the hire. I've been around a while
    Agreed, many quickly realized they'd been sold a pig in a poke but that doesn't negate the fact most were very excited over his hire.

Didn't the schism that ended up generating this site stem in part from the Sark loyalists and the people who were down on Sark? Or am I not recalling that clearly?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,484
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Agreed, many quickly realized they'd been sold a pig in a poke but that doesn't negate the fact most were very excited over his hire.

Didn't the schism that ended up generating this site stem in part from the Sark loyalists and the people who were down on Sark? Or am I not recalling that clearly?
    Nurses?!

We have runaway poopee in 4a. Cleanup and sedative, stat.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,865
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Are you kidding me? Nobody was excited about the Sark hire other than the fans who would have been excited and hopeful for any new coach.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The Sark hire was mostly hated at HHB. There was one notable HHB who celebrated it, his name has been omitted out of respect for the dead. But the majority of us(?) were staunchly against it.

Lake, yeah most people here celebrated that shitshow.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Nurses?!

We have runaway poopee in 4a. Cleanup and sedative, stat.
    The harder you try the worse it gets