Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I got an advance reading of the script

Comments

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    One of my main beefs and question I haven't seen asked by media and Twitter chuds who are trumpeting the Washington pretender, Oregon King Kong narrative is if I UW isn't that good could that just mean Oregon isn't that good either? It can't be written off as like a fluke or lucky game given UW won in Eugene at the end of 2022 with very similar teams. It's also possible the Pac-12 isn't as great as everyone is building up given things like a complete lack of impressive non-conference wins, Oregon almost losing to Texas Tech, Notre Dame plundering USC, bell cow Arizona losing to 4-5 Mississippi State.

My worries the rest of the regular season is Jonathan Smith isn't afraid to just run 95% of the time instead of bailing UW's soft run D out by getting greedy with passing and Utah just nothing to lose jailbreak blitzing up the middle because they have nothing to lose ala ASU and running the read option until UW can stop it.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

One of my main beefs and question I haven't seen asked by media and Twitter chuds who are trumpeting the Washington pretender, Oregon King Kong narrative is if I UW isn't that good could that just mean Oregon isn't that good either? It can't be written off as like a fluke or lucky game given UW won in Eugene at the end of 2022 with very similar teams. It's also possible the Pac-12 isn't as great as everyone is building up given things like a complete lack of impressive non-conference wins, Oregon almost losing to Texas Tech, Notre Dame plundering USC, bell cow Arizona losing to 4-5 Mississippi State.

My worries the rest of the regular season is Jonathan Smith isn't afraid to just run 95% of the time instead of bailing UW's soft run D out by getting greedy with passing and Utah just nothing to lose jailbreak blitzing up the middle because they have nothing to lose ala ASU and running the read option until UW can stop it.

Utah believes they can still win the conference this year
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,406
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m starting to believe the stealing signs conspiracy theory and that was the reason ASU made UW look like the Seahawks against Baltimore last Sunday.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,518
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TheHB said:

I’m starting to believe the stealing signs conspiracy theory and that was the reason ASU made UW look like the Seahawks against Baltimore last Sunday.

What’s the conspiracy?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

TheHB said:

What’s the conspiracy?
    Yep.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

ntxduck said:

TheHB said:

What’s the conspiracy?
    Yep.
    That's what they want you to believe
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

ntxduck said:

TheHB said:

What’s the conspiracy?
    Yep.
    Or is it?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

ntxduck said:

TheHB said:

What’s the conspiracy?
    Yep.
    Or is it?
    That's what they're expecting us to do
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    flatus said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Disagree. The traditional anti-UW script is null and void.

THIS is the script

UW beats Oregon three times in two years - at home, neutral, and on the road.

Duck fans continue to make excuses while watching UW make the playoff

@PostGameOrangeSlices has been blowing up the script week after week after week.

Guy's the Big Dick poster of the 2023 campaign.

Poasters on here buying into the media narrative and getting scared of Orygun.

I see a UW team that was in control of that game - up 11 with the ball late.

This time, I see DeBoer and Grubb unleashing the Johnson late, not just the Penix.

3 wins over Oregon in 2 years. Embrace the opportunity doogs. It'll be epic.
    This team plays up for big games. Not going to get much bigger than playing the Oregon hype machine for a semi-playoff round. They are built for this.

Drive that dagger in Deboner.

And Oregon will self implode due yo the pressure.
    Don't underestimate babushka with the power of a loose beaver rolling into autzen when the pressure is on.
    So if Oregon State loses to UW and beats Oregon, would we play Arizona in the conference championship game?

That honestly worries me more than Orygun
    Lol. Sure it does
    In the scenario where Beav beats quook?

I'd absolutely be worried about playing Fifita twice, versus a Duck skwaad thats season is derailed.
    If you’re more worried about a game where you would be 10+ pt favs than one where you’d be 7 point underdogs, I don’t even know what to say.
    You seem upset

UW isn't going to be a 7 point underdog on a neutral field. LOL.

Especially not when Babushka beats you two years in a row. Just like the Dawgs did.

At that point your fanbase is praying Arizona State beats Arizona.

"Oregon needs Washington"
    UW is a 7 point underdog on a neutral field to Oregon…. right now. On FanDuel. Looks like an easy opp to make some $ for you if the matchup comes to fruition!
    When do the t-shirts come out?
    While supplies last! Slide into my DMs for a special promotional offer!

Chinned for having the shirt color in Oregon "Highlighter" Grellow.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    ntxduck said:

TheHB said:

What’s the conspiracy?
    ASU had our calls which is why they were in the right spot literally every play.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2023

Us vs. Us is the script.

Historically under Pete, I would take Us losing to Us. But under boner and with penis, feel pretty good about our? odds
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2023
    This ain’t hard. Can UTAH spoil WA Championship run? Absolutely. They are looked at a good team. But not elite.

I’m not looking it up who is in who’s division but if UTAH beats WA at home and don’t replay them again and the CCG is between WA and OR?

WA will absolutely win that game. Matter fact, WA could lose against UTAH and do the same as winning and still make the CFP. Oregon seems to be the darling, then and Bo Shits.

My only thing is…if WA loses to UTah, makes it to the CCG and barely wins,,,,they get OR? And win? Like how Oregon got treated last year with GA??

My only thing is WA has proven to not be elite. And they are on offense but not defense. They lack a dominant defense. They will get hammered by Bama or GA or LSU or TN. JS. Beat not get embarrassed. Let Oregon do that. Recruiting wise. And they will get owned. Believe. Smoke it. Inhale it.

How do you like your chances against the SEC champ. And recruiting wise. Face wise. It won’t be nice if y’all scrape by.

JS.

If WA was an absolutely great defense…absolutely. Roll the dice. But they ain’t. I can tell any of y’all rat now, many SEC teams will outscore them. Believe it. Trust it..

I’m not saying throw the game, at all, but if Oregon is the CHamps,,, awesome. They’ll get beat like a drum. And y’all can laugh it up.

It’s damn fun to “pretend”…to “hope” to “believe”…

It’s another thing to get your ass beat off by better athletes with better directors and monsters.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

ntxduck said:

TheHB said:

What’s the conspiracy?
    ASU had our calls which is why they were in the right spot literally every play.
    wait where did it start?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,171
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

This ain’t hard. Can UTAH spoil WA Championship run? Absolutely. They are looked at a good team. But not elite.

I’m not looking it up who is in who’s division but if UTAH beats WA at home and don’t replay them again and the CCG is between WA and OR?

WA will absolutely win that game. Matter fact, WA could lose against UTAH and do the same as winning and still make the CFP. Oregon seems to be the darling, then and Bo Shits.

My only thing is…if WA loses to UTah, makes it to the CCG and barely wins,,,,they get OR? And win? Like how Oregon got treated last year with GA??

My only thing is WA has proven to not be elite. And they are on offense but not defense. They lack a dominant defense. They will get hammered by Bama or GA or LSU or TN. JS. Beat not get embarrassed. Let Oregon do that. Recruiting wise. And they will get owned. Believe. Smoke it. Inhale it.

How do you like your chances against the SEC champ. And recruiting wise. Face wise. It won’t be nice if y’all scrape by.

JS.

If WA was an absolutely great defense…absolutely. Roll the dice. But they ain’t. I can tell any of y’all rat now, many SEC teams will outscore them. Believe it. Trust it..

I’m not saying throw the game, at all, but if Oregon is the CHamps,,, awesome. They’ll get beat like a drum. And y’all can laugh it up.

It’s another thing to get your ass beat off by better athletes with better directors and monsters.

Delete.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

SECDAWG said:

JS.

Delete.
    Hear ya, podna.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,631
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

dnc said:

ntxduck said:

TheHB said:

What’s the conspiracy?
    wait where did it start?
    Idk Michigan?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

ntxduck said:

TheHB said:

What’s the conspiracy?
    wait where did it start?
    No idea
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

JS.

Blah blah blah. Name ‘em.