Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I got an advance reading of the script

Comments

• Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:

You missed the part of the script where USC actually puts it together against Oregon because Grinch got fired, and the Quooks cry about it not being fair that UW got to face Grinch

Could happen. And Oregon could still play UW in CCG after losing to SC. That would suck for all parties.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    flatus said:

dnc said:

And the impact of the USC game potentially decreasing doesn’t hurt UW’s resume significantly more than it hurts Oregon’s. Arizona improving only helps one of our resumes. Weird comp.

It's your "tough" road game. Oregon will have a resounding win @Utah which is and probably will remain the best road win in the conference going forward.

I'm saying USC won't be useful to anyone.

Whether Arizona ends up ranked is dubious. It's a much better win than anyone thought going in, though.
    Resume comps aren't just coming down to "who has the best road win".

And Utah still has to play at Washington and at Arizona, it's very possible that road win loses plenty of luster before the Utes plunger the Primes.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

flatus said:

dnc said:

And the impact of the USC game potentially decreasing doesn’t hurt UW’s resume significantly more than it hurts Oregon’s. Arizona improving only helps one of our resumes. Weird comp.

It's your "tough" road game. Oregon will have a resounding win @Utah which is and probably will remain the best road win in the conference going forward.

Whether Arizona ends up ranked is dubious. It's a much better win than anyone thought going in, though.

And Utah still has to play at Washington and at Arizona, it's very possible that road win loses plenty of luster before the Utes plunger the Primes.
    All true.

But I never said the best road win was the only factor. I'm saying UW won't have one as strong as of now and road wins are weighed more heavily in the SOR calculation. If Utah loses only to UW, it will likely still remain the highest ranked P12 team at season's end. I said LIKELY.

Regardless, the SOR will be very similar if both teams win out and UO beats UW in CCG.

Fair enough?

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2023
    dnc said:

flatus said:

dnc said:

This. Utah squeaked by against a mid tier USC. UTAH may be mid tier P12, as well. It will show against the team that beat Oregon and possibly the most dangerous team in the P12 (Zona) since both are away from the friendly confines of their home stadium.

I think to graduate from 0regon you need to fail like five basic logic classes. I just didn't realize that @flatus tutored those U0 students.

I can't fucking imagine hanging my hat on a win over WAC level Utah in Utah.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    flatus said:

dnc said:

BS, your win over Utah was without Rising. Try again.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2023
    EwaDawg said:

dnc said:

flatus said:

dnc said:

This. Utah squeaked by against a mid tier USC. UTAH may be mid tier P12, as well. It will show against the team that beat Oregon and possibly the most dangerous team in the P12 (Zona) since both are away from the friendly confines of their home stadium.

I think to graduate from 0regon you need to fail like five basic logic classes. I just didn't realize that @flatus tutored those U0 students.

I can't fucking imagine hanging my hat on a win over WAC level Utah in Utah.
    So we're resorting to personal attacks?

SOR is formula. It matters who you beat and where. Utah is currently the best road win. Fact. Will it be at the end of the year? If Utah only loses to UW, yes.

The other games are basically a wash except for Arizona. If it continues to win, that boosts UW. I've said all of these things. Try to keep up.

But who the fuck cares? Win out or STFU. Winner of the CCG goes to the playoff, if any team does. Fact. You shouldn't have anything to worry about, UW is superior and Oregon will shit the bed. Script.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

You missed the part of the script where USC actually puts it together against Oregon because Grinch got fired, and the Quooks cry about it not being fair that UW got to face Grinch

Well this script would be the one which had the Raiders beating down the Giants yesterday. It would also imply the Ducks' starting QB leaves with a season ending injury early.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    RoadTrip said:

flatus said:

dnc said:

The formula doesn't care. Are we talking about the SOR formula or just what you guys think matters?

Like I said, who the fuck cares. Win out or STFU. It's that simple and most of you know this or you wouldn't be trying to figure out how to get into the playoff if UW loses the CCG. Relax, UW isn't going to lose to Oregon.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

For the record, @dnc is right. UW would be left out in that scenario. And that would be complete bullshit.

In what scenario? Losing to Oregon in the CCG? Of course they would, that's what I'm saying, too. Others are using SOR to back onto the playoff. Right or wrong, that won't matter.

This thread is in the Twilight Zone, what the actual fuck.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    flatus said:

RoadTrip said:

flatus said:

dnc said:

The formula doesn't care. Are we talking about the SOR formula or just what you guys think matters?

Like I said, who the fuck cares. Win out or STFU. It's that simple and most of you know this or you wouldn't be trying to figure out how to get into the playoff if UW loses the CCG. Relax, UW isn't going to lose to Oregon.
    So you're not on a UW site trying to convince everyone OU has a better resume?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    flatus said:

dnc said:

flatus said:

dnc said:

All true.

But I never said the best road win was the only factor. I'm saying UW won't have one as strong as of now and road wins are weighed more heavily in the SOR calculation. If Utah loses only to UW, it will likely still remain the highest ranked P12 team at season's end. I said LIKELY.

Regardless, the SOR will be very similar if both teams win out and UO beats UW in CCG.

Fair enough?

I agree, though I believe UW's will be superior in that case. Obviously a million permutations left that could tilt things in either team's direction.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

ntxduck said:

But Oregon is going to lose to Oregon State. Book it. Jonathan Smith will push all the right buttons. Guy's a genius.

Wouldnt Oregon still play us in the title game if that happens? Beav would have 3 losses
    Yes—assuming the greased up wildcats also lost another somewhere (too lazy rn to look up tiebreakers between a 7-2 az and Oregon in this scenario)
    That one becomes a mess cause I think it goes to the record vs the next highest standing P12 team, and predicting who is 6-3 is an exercise in futility.
    The one known is the only schedule difference between Arizona and Oregon is Arizona played UCLA and Oregon plays Cal, so if it gets to the one of the very last tiebreakers Arizona probably wins on UCLA > Cal.
    See the Pac-12 tiebreaker thread. Still rooting for the absolute dumbest outcome to occur.
    This. Dumbest is always best IMO when it comes to this league. The point is for it to entertain, right?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    RoadTrip said:

flatus said:

RoadTrip said:

flatus said:

dnc said:

NO.

But SOR will be virtually identical IF both teams win out AND Oregon wins the CCG.

FURTHER: IT WON'T MATTER. Win out or stay home.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,930
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It's so much easier with divisions. No wonder they changed it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

It's so much easier with divisions. No wonder they changed it.

Oregon would have an outside shot at making the playoff with divisions.

1) UW loses CCG to South, UO wins out

or

2) UW and UO win out, FSU and Michigan lose, Texas looks pedestrian in B12 CCG. Oregon would need to plunger last 3 teams. Both UW and UO are in. This how @WoolleyDoog was saying the SEC and B1G frequently get 2 teams. It would be a looooong shot thanks to being in the P12 but I think there would be as good an argument as any previous scecario when conferences have gotten 2 teams in.

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    RoadTrip said:

flatus said:

RoadTrip said:

flatus said:

dnc said:

Yes. He is. And he is trying WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too hard and using too little logical thought in the process.

He probably still thinks Utah's win against Florida is top tier stuff. Someone needs to tell him that rankings change throughout the season. And, therefore, so does the quality of those wins.

By his (lack of) logic 0regon's win over Utah triumphs UW's win over 0regon. That appears to be his convoluted logic and since it is 0regon's best win (he doesn't credit Arizona here) I see why he is doing it. But, that doesn't make it close to being logical.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    flatus said:

RoadTrip said:

flatus said:

RoadTrip said:

flatus said:

dnc said:

NO.

But SOR will be virtually identical IF both teams win out AND Oregon wins the CCG.

FURTHER: IT WON'T MATTER. Win out or stay home.

BS
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    EwaDawg said:

RoadTrip said:

flatus said:

RoadTrip said:

flatus said:

dnc said:

Yes. He is. And he is trying WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too hard and using too little logical thought in the process.

He probably still thinks Utah's win against Florida is top tier stuff. Someone needs to tell him that rankings change throughout the season. And, therefore, so does the quality of those wins.

By his (lack of) logic 0regon's win over Utah triumphs UW's win over 0regon. That appears to be his convoluted logic and since it is 0regon's best win (he doesn't credit Arizona here) I see why he is doing it. But, that doesn't make it close to being logical.
    SarkSure.gif