Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The National Brand

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

haie said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

haie said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Find me some UW fan parallels to this guy and our dear friend Pweston and we'll talk. https://www.youtube.com/@DuckZone503

I'll give the specific Oregon fanbase that they have an inflated level of trashy fans because there's no NFL team in Oregon and they've had more recent success than UW. A lot of the trashy frontrunner fans in Washington just became 12s especially with UW's decline and the Seahawks rise going back to the early-2000s.

Nobody here cares enough to “find you some.”

All this talk is sort of a Washington thing to do. You’re perennial losers so you talk about stuff like what the fans look like, stadium size, uniforms and hamburgers at the Moda Center.
    When your team has lost two years in a row, All this calling UW perennial losers is sort of an Oregon thing to do
    But you are and that’s why things like ugly fans excite you.
    Sure. The results say otherwise

Also, I prefer attractive fans. Ask around. Everybody says so
    Sounds like BONEM.

Send pics.
    Nah. The difference is when our kicker missed the game winner at Autzen, I recognized that as an L and left it that. But apparently the last two consecutive wins were actually losses because of coaches, injuries, bad luck and better recruiting classes. anConsolation trophy from over a decade ago>better than the winner (half whatever) three decades ago. Too much mental gymnastics for my pea brain
    Deffo BONEM here. Lots.
    The topic appears to be Oregon vs Washington. In the most relevant seasons.

And so once again this is just Mike is upset and can't shut the fuck up since last November.
    Nah, I'll give him an A for effort. After two consecutive losses, I wouldn't be slugging it out on the opponents bored but here we are. Bravo, Mike
    And there it is.

“LEAVE!”

The HCH surrender flag.
    HCH: Better than any therapist. Crying is allowed
    We win NY6 Bowls. You beat Oregon, sometimes.

No tears over here.
    Holy shit.

When you played some team called the Cyclones... nevermind.

Oregon. Big dick bowl winners.
    Can you provide me with a list of true blue bloods Oregon has ever beaten when they were actually good. I have:

Florida State in 2014 but the truth is FSU hadn't been a real blue blood in about 15 years at that point and metrics had them not even as a Top 10 team that year. Teams they almost lost to going into that game - Oklahoma State 7-6, Notre Dame 8-5, Miami 6-7, Boston College 7-6, Florida 7-5, mighty Georgia Tech.

I'll give you the Ohio State one a couple years ago when Stroud wasn't ready yet.
    Didn't FSU win the national championship with the same starting QB the year before? I guess they weren't a "real" blue blood.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,543
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

haie said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

haie said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Find me some UW fan parallels to this guy and our dear friend Pweston and we'll talk. https://www.youtube.com/@DuckZone503

I'll give the specific Oregon fanbase that they have an inflated level of trashy fans because there's no NFL team in Oregon and they've had more recent success than UW. A lot of the trashy frontrunner fans in Washington just became 12s especially with UW's decline and the Seahawks rise going back to the early-2000s.

All this talk is sort of a Washington thing to do. You’re perennial losers so you talk about stuff like what the fans look like, stadium size, uniforms and hamburgers at the Moda Center.
    When your team has lost two years in a row, All this calling UW perennial losers is sort of an Oregon thing to do

Sounds like BONEM.

Send pics.
    Nah. The difference is when our kicker missed the game winner at Autzen, I recognized that as an L and left it that. But apparently the last two consecutive wins were actually losses because of coaches, injuries, bad luck and better recruiting classes. anConsolation trophy from over a decade ago>better than the winner (half whatever) three decades ago. Too much mental gymnastics for my pea brain
    Deffo BONEM here. Lots.

And so once again this is just Mike is upset and can't shut the fuck up since last November.
    Nah, I'll give him an A for effort. After two consecutive losses, I wouldn't be slugging it out on the opponents bored but here we are. Bravo, Mike
    And there it is.

“LEAVE!”

The HCH surrender flag.

No tears over here.
    Holy shit.

Can you provide me with a list of true blue bloods Oregon has ever beaten when they were actually good. I have:

Florida State in 2014 but the truth is FSU hadn't been a real blue blood in about 15 years at that point and metrics had them not even as a Top 10 team that year. Teams they almost lost to going into that game - Oklahoma State 7-6, Notre Dame 8-5, Miami 6-7, Boston College 7-6, Florida 7-5, mighty Georgia Tech.

I'll give you the Ohio State one a couple years ago when Stroud wasn't ready yet.
    Didn't FSU win the national championship with the same starting QB the year before? I guess they weren't a "real" blue blood.
    Jesus Christ dude stick to making sure the macaroni machine pours the noodles into the fucking boxes.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2023
    haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

haie said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Sounds like BONEM.

Send pics.
    Deffo BONEM here. Lots.

And there it is.

“LEAVE!”

The HCH surrender flag.

No tears over here.
    Holy shit.

Jesus Christ dude stick to making sure the macaroni machine pours the noodles into the fucking boxes.
    Kunt act kicks it into a higher gear.

haie, when are you going expand upon your claim that Oregon chooses their uniforms in order to detract from possible embarrassing loses? Come on Kunt, give us your "evidence" in support of that head up the ass bullshit. Chop, chop Kunt.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,580
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I’ll spend 5min on this. Let’s just do the last 20 years off the top of my head…

2003 Michigan
    2006 Oklahoma
    2007 USC
    2009 USC
    2010 USC
    2012 USC
    2014 FSU
    2021 Ohio St

I don’t count Michigan St, Wisconsin or Washington as blue bloods.

Losses to blue bloods over that same time period:

2003 USC
    2004 Oklahoma
    2004 USC
    2005 USC
    2008 USC
    2009 Ohio St
    2010 Auburn
    2011 LSU
    2014 Ohio St
    2016 USC

8-10 vs Blue Blood programs when they were “good”. Michigan in 2007 sucked even though they finished top 20 so I omitted them from the win column.

HTH
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2006 Oklahoma*

Chuckle
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,580
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Let’s do Washington wins over blue bloods the last 20 years.

Pretty sure it’s one. 2009 Sark over USC.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    thechatch said:

This is always my favorite subject around here and it comes up once a year.

UW does not want to play the “who have you ever even beaten?!?” game even going back 40 years.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Oregon
  • Options
    edited October 2023

2006 Oklahoma*

Chuckle

Winners win. Even when they lose.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

2006 Oklahoma*

Chuckle

Winners win. Even when they lose.
    That one hurt double

Someone didn't beat Oregon and I'm a long time Sooner fan
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

thechatch said:

UW does not want to play the “who have you ever even beaten?!?” game even going back 40 years.
    You’re being generous by letting the clock tick all the way back to 1983. But there are some nice wins against programs at their best, off the top of my head: @ Nebraska, @ Miami, Michigan rose bowl, Oklahoma Orange Bowl, Miami again in ‘01.

And if Chatch is counting in-conference USC, we’ve beaten them plenty of times since 1984. Sark got them twice in a row. Petersen was 2-1.

But, wouldn’t argue our recent run is much to be proud of. KDB picked off Texas, add it to your list.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

2009 Men of Troy team that finished 9-4 that Washington beat by 3, at home, that Oregon destroyed by 27 points is that the Blue Blood team you're talking about?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

2006 Oklahoma*

Chuckle

"Winners win. Even when they lose."
    Duck fans 2022-2023

• Options
    Baseman said:

2006 Oklahoma*

Chuckle

"Winners win. Even when they lose."
    Duck fans 2022-2023

It’s not my argument. Go fight with them if you want.

We already know Husky fans are completely logical and never downplay Oregons achievements.
  • Options

thechatch said:

You’re being generous by letting the clock tick all the way back to 1983. But there are some nice wins against programs at their best, off the top of my head: @ Nebraska, @ Miami, Michigan rose bowl, Oklahoma Orange Bowl, Miami again in ‘01.

And if Chatch is counting in-conference USC, we’ve beaten them plenty of times since 1984. Sark got them twice in a row. Petersen was 2-1.

But, wouldn’t argue our recent run is much to be proud of. KDB picked off Texas, add it to your list.
    I wouldn’t include in conference as it wasn’t really the subject and everyone has in conference scalps along the way.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW actually played a good non conference schedule thru the first decade of this century which coincided with really shitty football. Lost to Oklahoma Ohio State LSU etc

Then they went soft to save Sark. Lousy schedule since in my opinion

Last good run was Miami in 2000 and Michigan in 01.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Since 1981 because I’m a nice guy.

NY6 Bowels

UO:
    #3 Colorado
    #7 Kansas State
    #9 Wisconsin
    #2 FSU
    #11 Wisconsin

Avg Rank: 6

UW:
    #13 Iowa
    #2 Sooners
    #17 Iowa
    #4 Michigan
    #14 Purdue

Avg Rank: 10.

Regular season blue blood LOSERS mode:

UO:
    Oklahoma (Home)
    Michigan X2 (Home and away)
    Ohio State (Away)

UW:
    No idea on your regular season big blue blood wins.
    Miami in the early 00’s (Who hadn’t been a blue blood for 5 years*)
    Certainly great caps. To downplay would make one as retarded as *Woolley.

News and notes:
    Oregon Beat #12 Texas in the Holiday Bowl the year UW beat #14 Purdue in the Rose
    Oregon Beat #13 OKst in the Holiday Bowl.

OKst and Texas ranked higher than 3/5 of teams UW beat in the Rose Bowl since 1981.

Anyone who downplays legitimate wins/accomplishments is a retard. What are you even watching for?

@WoolleyDoog

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Miami won the natty in 01 and UW was their only loss in 00 but still

Oregon has done better nationally than UW since 94

It is what it is
  • Options
    No “but still” from me.

Can’t get better regular season caps than those.
  • Options
    UO:
    #3 Colorado*
    #7 Kansas State
    #9 Wisconsin*
    #2 FSU*
    #11 Wisconsin*

UW:
    #13 Iowa
    #2 Sooners