Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The National Brand

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

haie said:

haie said:

I'm glad that you guys have this one thing to break up the misery.

Well the jerseys too I guess.

Animal House filmed there.

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

Let’s make this thread a doogs list of grievances thread.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”
    This comes up a lot and I'm not going to act like I wouldn't be okay with some donor dumping a ton of money into UW football. The way Oregon fans embrace it and the attempted cuteness of "Uncle Phil" bullshit and stuff like that is cringe. I love explaining to people who don't follow sports though and tell them that Nike bankrolls their program and marketing shit and them always wondering why they don't win natty in basketball and football every year though.
    Would love to see the look on the faces of people who don’t follow sports being bored to tears again by a guy with a purple hat on.

“And then they have like a billion dollars but they never even win the championships, can you even believe it?”

“Yeah man, that’s crazy.”

You guys are wonderful.

#listofgrievences.
    50+ year old Portland hipster has thoughts.
    The occasional hipster/lib Duck fans are some of my favorites because of them trying to rationalize loving the Phil/Nike shit while maintaining their politics.
    Yeah, but NIKE supports BLM and trannies man!!!!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Anger scale 1-10?

Note that the sign is green.

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”
    This comes up a lot and I'm not going to act like I wouldn't be okay with some donor dumping a ton of money into UW football. The way Oregon fans embrace it and the attempted cuteness of "Uncle Phil" bullshit and stuff like that is cringe. I love explaining to people who don't follow sports though and tell them that Nike bankrolls their program and marketing shit and them always wondering why they don't win natty in basketball and football every year though.
    Would love to see the look on the faces of people who don’t follow sports being bored to tears again by a guy with a purple hat on.

“And then they have like a billion dollars but they never even win the championships, can you even believe it?”

You guys are wonderful.

#listofgrievences.
    Sounds like someone else is getting up to this kind of behavior down on the par 3 links.

I’d pay 100 American dollars to watch this guy talk to people who don’t care about sports discuss the University of Oregon Ducks sporting endeavors.

“You guys know who Phil Knight is right?”

“No.”

“Ok stay with me in this one… You’re not gonna believe it…”
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Anger scale 1-10?

Note that the sign is green.

Exactly!

Has movie quotes about Oregon floating around in is head at an instant.

#listoffgrievances

❤️
  • Options
    New viral trend I’m thinking about starting…

Women asking their Husky fan significant others how often they think about the Oregon Ducks.

“Whaaat? Are you serious?!?”
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,498
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”
    If Oregon alums/fans showed even an inkling of humility I could understand this but they literally act like it's *their* money as they are getting me a 6th beer before I walk to the Moda Center and have another Oregon alum make me a fucking overpriced Killer Burger.

Fuck em.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”

You guys are wonderful.

#listofgrievences.
    Sounds like someone else is getting up to this kind of behavior down on the par 3 links.

I’d pay 100 American dollars to watch this guy talk to people who don’t care about sports discuss the University of Oregon Ducks sporting endeavors.

“No.”

That's awesome Mike. Real fucking zinger.

Hipster ass quook.

Just own it.

The fact that you guys don't own it just makes it more embarassing.

The 15 year old kid wearing an "Uncle Phil" hat is more honest than you losers.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”

You guys are wonderful.

#listofgrievences.

“No.”

Hipster ass quook.

Just own it.

You can’t have it both ways. You can’t tell us to own it and then say we can’t have hats that broadcast it.

Surely even you see the flaw in that logic.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”
    If Oregon alums/fans showed even an inkling of humility I could understand this but they literally act like it's *their* money as they are getting me a 6th beer before I walk to the Moda Center and have another Oregon alum make me a fucking overpriced Killer Burger.

Fuck em.
    Hamburgers!

#listofgrievances
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”

You guys are wonderful.

#listofgrievences.

“No.”

Hipster ass quook.

Just own it.

You can’t have it both ways. You can’t tell us to own it and then say we can’t have hats that broadcast it.

haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”

Fuck em.
    Hamburgers!

#listofgrievances
    I never said I had a problem with the hat or kids that bandwagon onto dumb shit programs like Oregon. That's just being kids.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”

You guys are wonderful.

#listofgrievences.

“No.”

Hipster ass quook.

Just own it.

haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”

Fuck em.
    Hamburgers!

#listofgrievances
    I never said I had a problem with the hat or kids that bandwagon onto dumb shit programs like Oregon. That's just being kids.
    Double quoting.

Having a rough day.

#listofgrievances
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”

You guys are wonderful.

#listofgrievences.

“No.”

Hipster ass quook.

Just own it.

haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”

Fuck em.
    Hamburgers!

#listofgrievances
    Double quoting.

Having a rough day.

#listofgrievances
    Ugh, responding to both of your statements in just one response?

Jesus Dude. Go take another edible.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”

You guys are wonderful.

#listofgrievences.

“No.”

Hipster ass quook.

Just own it.

haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”

Fuck em.
    Hamburgers!

#listofgrievances
    Double quoting.

Having a rough day.

#listofgrievances
    Ugh, responding to both of your statements in just one response?

Jesus Dude. Go take another edible.
    I didn’t see a follow up on the hamburgers you have to deal with when you come down from your Vancouver hill to visit the City of Roses.

#howoftendoyouthinkabouttheoregonducks
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,544
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”

You guys are wonderful.

#listofgrievences.

“No.”

Hipster ass quook.

Just own it.

I don't really care that much about the person who doesn't know sports conversation and I don't think they do either. I just think it's a good illustration with how much Oregon lords their recent success and success over UW about how Oregon should be mega successful, and probably more successful than they've even been.

I also just like how lib Duck fans try to play both sides of the coin with decrepit Uncle Phil and the Nike shit. Then the dumbshit frontrunner kids and white chocolate fans don't realize they're just buying into shit of Nike literally studying 12 year old boys for decades now and how to play them like creepy fucking groomers.
  • Options

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”

You guys are wonderful.

#listofgrievences.

“No.”

Hipster ass quook.

Just own it.

I don't really care that much about the person who doesn't know sports conversation and I don't think they do either. I just think it's a good illustration with how much Oregon lords their recent success and success over UW about how Oregon should be mega successful, and probably more successful than they've even been.

I also just like how lib Duck fans try to play both sides of the coin with decrepit Uncle Phil and the Nike shit. Then the dumbshit frontrunner kids and white chocolate fans don't realize they're just buying into shit of Nike literally studying 12 year old boys for decades now and how to play them like creepy fucking groomers.
    Sounds like 2 in a row hasn’t cured all the hurt feelings.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”

Fuck em.
    Another made up story lie. I don't know a single Oregon fan who acts like it's their money. Everyone I know is just very grateful that Phil is an Oregon alum who loves sports. You're dealing with your own insecurities and short-coming haie.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”

Fuck em.
    A Husky fan discussing ANY other program being devoid of “humility.” That’s rich.

• Options
    TomRinaldisPianoTomRinaldisPiano Member Posts: 90
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited October 2023
    trublue said:

haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”

Fuck em.
    A Husky fan discussing ANY other program being devoid of “humility.” That’s rich.

RICH? Some dig for gold, others? Well?

Reece?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”

You guys are wonderful.

#listofgrievences.
    The occasional hipster/lib Duck fans are some of my favorites because of them trying to rationalize loving the Phil/Nike shit while maintaining their politics.
    It's okay, because Nike is woke now. It's all fake marketing, but it makes these SJW morons feel better and buy merch because Kraperdick and bitch dyke America hating soccer player are down for the cause. They still pay Chinese peasants $3 a day or something, but it's okay now because of fake social justice.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

haie said:

haie said:

Disrupt the norm.

Great idea.

I’ll add “Uncle Phil.”

You guys are wonderful.

#listofgrievences.
    It's okay, because Nike is woke now. It's all fake marketing, but it makes these SJW morons feel better and buy merch because Kraperdick and bitch dyke America hating soccer player are down for the cause. They still pay Chinese peasants $3 a day or something, but it's okay now because of fake social justice.
    Imagine letting a college football team that you don’t follow upset you this much.

The #listofgrievances have grown beyond my control.

I can’t file any of these until morning.