Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Welcome B10 friends!

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,425
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Arc said:

chuck said:

My msg to our guests,

Show up. Spend your money. Be polite and mostly quiet at Husky stadium. Gaze in wonderment at the mountains, if they're not engulfed in and obscured by an atmospheric river. Be sure to take a walk on the beach for perspective.

Then fuck off back to whatever rust belt shit hole you came from.

Yes, I had to edit this. Twice.

Ive lived on the west coast. Terrible Italian food made by people named Emily and Chad. Terrible drivers. Passive aggressive people who don’t know how to make it through a self check at target in less than five hours.

The same line… “we have mountains here”… as if you showed up to flat land and built the mountains yourself.

You’re getting 35 million to join the conference.
    Stay. And the week before UW plays Perdue, give us five reason why Perdue wins rather easily. We need it
    No, see that’s where you’re mistaken. I’m not here to disrespect Washington as a first resort. Very nice program. Like I said, Minnesota-esque. And I respect Minnesota a lot.

When I see “the rest of the conference is trash” that’s where I’m getting Nebraska fan vibes.

Winning in the big ten is hard. And it’s not just Ohio state, penn state and Michigan. I think of Iowa this year and it seems like a bad dream .. and Purdue has won 4 of the last 6 against them as well as 3-0 in the last 3 in kinnick.

Do you know who has the best record in conference against Ohio state in the last 25 years? Purdue!

So a lot of teams can hurt you. Illinois has one of the best DLs in America. Phil Parker and joe Rossi ain’t no joke. I think of Aiden Oconnell last year having to pass on Joey Porter Jr and Johnny Dixon with chop robinson coming .. that’s a tall task. And I’m going to be adding Washington to that list.

When we play you guys the first time I’ll probably be looking at a lot of potential bad news. I have a lot of respect for Washington. My posts were more to question why you guys don’t have respect top you bottom for the second best conference in the nation.

But I think there will be a game against Iowa, Wisconsin or Minnesota early on.. where a different tune might be sung here afterward.

Good luck.. all respect due to your program.. still remember Tuiasasopo being a handful. Ive always thought Deboer and Penix were outstanding and could not be a bigger fan of Coach Shep… he was the strength of Borhm’s staff.

I think as time goes on, what I have always said will be held up as true here. It’s infinitely easier to beat any big ten team in the preseason or with a month to rest before playing in warm weather than it is to beat almost any of them on November 9th when you just played in nasty weather games back to back and got beat up at Minnesota and Michigan state.

Re: nasty weather ... You do know where Seattle is, right?
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2023

Arc said:

chuck said:

My msg to our guests,

Show up. Spend your money. Be polite and mostly quiet at Husky stadium. Gaze in wonderment at the mountains, if they're not engulfed in and obscured by an atmospheric river. Be sure to take a walk on the beach for perspective.

Ive lived on the west coast. Terrible Italian food made by people named Emily and Chad. Terrible drivers. Passive aggressive people who don’t know how to make it through a self check at target in less than five hours.

The same line… “we have mountains here”… as if you showed up to flat land and built the mountains yourself.

Stay. And the week before UW plays Perdue, give us five reason why Perdue wins rather easily. We need it
    No, see that’s where you’re mistaken. I’m not here to disrespect Washington as a first resort. Very nice program. Like I said, Minnesota-esque. And I respect Minnesota a lot.

When I see “the rest of the conference is trash” that’s where I’m getting Nebraska fan vibes.

Winning in the big ten is hard. And it’s not just Ohio state, penn state and Michigan. I think of Iowa this year and it seems like a bad dream .. and Purdue has won 4 of the last 6 against them as well as 3-0 in the last 3 in kinnick.

Do you know who has the best record in conference against Ohio state in the last 25 years? Purdue!

So a lot of teams can hurt you. Illinois has one of the best DLs in America. Phil Parker and joe Rossi ain’t no joke. I think of Aiden Oconnell last year having to pass on Joey Porter Jr and Johnny Dixon with chop robinson coming .. that’s a tall task. And I’m going to be adding Washington to that list.

When we play you guys the first time I’ll probably be looking at a lot of potential bad news. I have a lot of respect for Washington. My posts were more to question why you guys don’t have respect top you bottom for the second best conference in the nation.

But I think there will be a game against Iowa, Wisconsin or Minnesota early on.. where a different tune might be sung here afterward.

Good luck.. all respect due to your program.. still remember Tuiasasopo being a handful. Ive always thought Deboer and Penix were outstanding and could not be a bigger fan of Coach Shep… he was the strength of Borhm’s staff.

I think as time goes on, what I have always said will be held up as true here. It’s infinitely easier to beat any big ten team in the preseason or with a month to rest before playing in warm weather than it is to beat almost any of them on November 9th when you just played in nasty weather games back to back and got beat up at Minnesota and Michigan state.

uw lost to asu and UCLA on beautiful weather days on the road last year. They’ll be fine at Madison in November. They beat WSU in the snow!
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,839
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

Arc said:

chuck said:

My msg to our guests,

uw lost to asu and UCLA on beautiful weather days on the road last year. They’ll be fine at Madison in November. They beat WSU in the snow!
    Oregon's defense was a wet napkin against Penix at home with Playoffs and a 20+ game winning streak on the line, and then gave up 11+ straight runs to Oregon State in a half built stadium to get prison raped in the Civil War.
    For those keeping score at home that would be both against the run and the pass.
    Oregon went out and got a coach that is DEFENSE first
  • Options
    BoilermakerDBoilermakerD Member Posts: 24
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Canadawg said:

Purdue is doing the weather thing? So they're the coug of the B10

I remember beating Ohio state 49-20 in west Lafayette in 2018. Two weeks later, I think the field temp in Minnesota was close to 0 degrees and their OL averaged 330+. Had we played Iowa the next week, I think we’d have been in for a rough game.

But hey, I didn’t know we were welcoming Alabama, Georgia, LSU and UCLA into the big ten. Now I know

Hope you guys don’t lose…

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,370
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Purdue is doing the weather thing? So they're the coug of the B10

I remember beating Ohio state 49-20 in west Lafayette in 2018. Two weeks later, I think the field temp in Minnesota was close to 0 degrees and their OL averaged 330+. Had we played Iowa the next week, I think we’d have been in for a rough game.

But hey, I didn’t know we were welcoming Alabama, Georgia, LSU and UCLA into the big ten. Now I know

Hope you guys don’t lose…

Nice first loser ring

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,500
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

44-8

Race was there!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,370
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam