Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Serious Update: Pup has passed away

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Damn.

I absolutely hate this news and really sad I've come across it a week late.

I never seemed to get under pup's skin as well as some of you did but I'll proudly wear my Sermon Seeker title around these parts as long as it sticks.

Most interesting dichotomy of absolutely worthless shit-tier football takes and total must read, can't-miss-a-poast when he was talking anything else mythical character any of us will ever encounter. Certainly the most unique individual I've ever interacted with, anywhere.

Pup was one of one.

RIP, King.

I should add to this that I could never stand Pup at Dawgman. He had various titles: cford, Sugarlove, PuppyLove, Steelheader, LamboBacker. All of them were horrible.

I was not happy when he made his way over here, but the freedom of HH allowed pup's colorful vocabulary to take him to unforeseen heights. At DM he was just clueless about football and constantly angry. At HH he was clueless about football and constantly angry and a fucking demigod.

Thanks @DerekJohnson for providing a place for random outliers like Pup to find their voice. This place is a treasure.
    Well said @dnc

I'm convinced now that about 81% percent of Pup's tall tales were either complete bullshit, or greatly exaggerated. Hell, he might have even been a Jack doog for all we know, shit talking us? bonafied alums as "new fish" who never set foot in Husky Stadium.

But he posted with a conviction and unique prose that was unequaled in this community. I recall there was an episode of Ken Burn's extrordinary PBS series on cuntry music ( @RaceBannon will know it ) about Hank Williams Sr entitled "Hillbilly Shakespeare". Perhaps Pup will be remembered as the Half Brain Shakespeare .
    To large degree Pup made HH, yet equally, HH made Pup.
    In HH's formative years Pup certainly had a huge role, but there were many prominent players that helped build it. Race Bannon, Swaye's Sunday morning epic narratives (usually resulting in him burning his white neighbor's shed down), Grundle's prolific gifs, PurpleJ weirdness, DDY and Coker on the recruiting board, Don James agreeing to be interviewed for articles even when he saw what kind of knuckleheads we were, other guys from Beno Bryant, Warren Moon, Dennis Brown and Ronnie Lott agreeing to be interviewed, etc. I know I'm forgetting others.
    Who can forget half of the website visit from @TierbsHsotBoobs in the begging of HH
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    How old was Pup? I will keep an eye out in the Times' obit section.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HFNY said:

How old was Pup? I will keep an eye out in the Times' obit section.

52 +/-. See article that Stalin poasted.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I'm not seeing it, would you mind linking here?

I think we should have a Sugarsteel award bestowed annually.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/106763/spoiler-alert-do-not-click-unless-you-want-to-see-a-real-pic-of-pup-and-read-a-short-story-re-him/p1
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

SECDAWG said:

RIP @puppylove_sugarsteel . Man, that’s terrible. When I first happened across this board, he was next level entertaining. ALWAYS looked forward to his posts. What an imagination…or maybe true? Never knew…but always thought could have been reality that someone may have done that stuff he posted…or either far fetched with a grand imagination. Either way, pup may be the best I’ve seen on multiple boards of either true or imaginary.

Someone I’d loved to have met, helped, fished with, camped or pounded some roundings with on the creek bank by a good fire. He was definitely a draw for me to come read and look up his postings here and will be sorely missed.

God Speed to his family, wife and friends that include those that are close to him here on the boards.

Pup was always a huge admirer of the SEC, he really loved your conference.
    Yeah, I know. Those SEC loving posts were just as entertaining as any to me. Pup Loved him some Bama.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

HFNY said:

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/106763/spoiler-alert-do-not-click-unless-you-want-to-see-a-real-pic-of-pup-and-read-a-short-story-re-him/p1
    Tyfys
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    That would be great, hopefully Pup will be smiling down. He was a trip.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,858
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

SECDAWG said:

RIP @puppylove_sugarsteel . Man, that’s terrible. When I first happened across this board, he was next level entertaining. ALWAYS looked forward to his posts. What an imagination…or maybe true? Never knew…but always thought could have been reality that someone may have done that stuff he posted…or either far fetched with a grand imagination. Either way, pup may be the best I’ve seen on multiple boards of either true or imaginary.

Someone I’d loved to have met, helped, fished with, camped or pounded some roundings with on the creek bank by a good fire. He was definitely a draw for me to come read and look up his postings here and will be sorely missed.

God Speed to his family, wife and friends that include those that are close to him here on the boards.

Pup was always a huge admirer of the SEC, he really loved your conference.
    That was pretty funny
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

RIP legend. You will be missed. Thank you for your service to this board.

Who are you?!
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited July 2023

HFNY said:

I've been mulling it over. I was thinking that when @JoeEDangerously does his end-of-year annual all fake tough guy awards, we could do something like The Oracle of Maltby Best Prediction Award... and give it to the poster who made either the most incredible or most ridiculous prediction of the year. Something like that.
    Like to invite you all to when 46 meets me in person..:this is no faux meet me at 7-11 invite
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

RIP legend. You will be missed. Thank you for your service to this board.

Who are you?!
    Just a bot.
    There are lots of bots here. You are actually the product of AI.

Rest are FishDuck dumbfucks reading Stack Overflow.