Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Serious Update: Pup has passed away

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,643 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Damn.

I absolutely hate this news and really sad I've come across it a week late.

I never seemed to get under pup's skin as well as some of you did but I'll proudly wear my Sermon Seeker title around these parts as long as it sticks.

Most interesting dichotomy of absolutely worthless shit-tier football takes and total must read, can't-miss-a-poast when he was talking anything else mythical character any of us will ever encounter. Certainly the most unique individual I've ever interacted with, anywhere.

Pup was one of one.

RIP, King.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/660383#Comment_660383
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,605 Founders Club

Just occurred to me that @Doog_de_Jour would probably want to be aware of this. Even though she no longer associates with us degenerates.

@Doog_de_Jour went back to doogman or something? bummer
    I think she'll be back.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,792 Founders Club

Pup was certainly an Investor. I don’t know the extent of the size of the said ameritrade account. Ladies did love him as they liked his hair which changed styles weekly in jr high and his. Mullet, wavy curls, long perm, new wave haircut. He had told me about this girl he was dating in jr high and that she went to a different school. I assumed it was a “she’s from Niagara Falls, you wouldn’t know her” type of story. Met her finally in 10th grade when she came to a dance at our school. Very stunning and cool chic. I was best man in their wedding and we all went on vacations together etc. He was outgoing and always out doing something before accident(Alaska for a month, hunting, camping, hanging with friends family and fishing on his beloved Sky). Just had a celebration of life for him at his house on river. Was type of event he would have loved. Keg on the river, Westfalia camper vans parked on beach, some ring toss and hanging with friends and family shooting the shit and telling Pup stories. Was good to see Yobates again as it had been awhile. I will miss Pup/Erik every day and especially during husky games as we either watched them together or texted throughout every game.

Thanks for sharing this with us, @steelheader2.

...and I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,643 Founders Club
    Fishpo31 said:

Drove through Gorst today, and gave a salute to the Legend…We went to look at a new litter of dogs, and I threw out Sugar Steel as a name for our new pup…did NOT go over well…#sheknows

See how she feels about naming the pooch LamboBacker
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,976
    RIP Pup.

Shortly after I joined this site, pup saw one of my posts and responded in his usual style, calling me 'Squier' in the process. I should dig up that post.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,015
    edited June 2023
    ntxduck said:

Fuckin dweeb round here is the best line to come out of this place

I'll go with "poundin' to the roundin'" and the related, "ring sting".
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,106 Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Damn.

I absolutely hate this news and really sad I've come across it a week late.

I never seemed to get under pup's skin as well as some of you did but I'll proudly wear my Sermon Seeker title around these parts as long as it sticks.

Most interesting dichotomy of absolutely worthless shit-tier football takes and total must read, can't-miss-a-poast when he was talking anything else mythical character any of us will ever encounter. Certainly the most unique individual I've ever interacted with, anywhere.

Pup was one of one.

RIP, King.

I should add to this that I could never stand Pup at Dawgman. He had various titles: cford, Sugarlove, PuppyLove, Steelheader, LamboBacker. All of them were horrible.

I was not happy when he made his way over here, but the freedom of HH allowed pup's colorful vocabulary to take him to unforeseen heights. At DM he was just clueless about football and constantly angry. At HH he was clueless about football and constantly angry and a fucking demigod.

Thanks @DerekJohnson for providing a place for random outliers like Pup to find their voice. This place is a treasure.
    Well said @dnc

I'm convinced now that about 81% percent of Pup's tall tales were either complete bullshit, or greatly exaggerated. Hell, he might have even been a Jack doog for all we know, shit talking us? bonafied alums as "new fish" who never set foot in Husky Stadium.

But he posted with a conviction and unique prose that was unequaled in this community. I recall there was an episode of Ken Burn's extrordinary PBS series on cuntry music ( @RaceBannon will know it ) about Hank Williams Sr entitled "Hillbilly Shakespeare". Perhaps Pup will be remembered as the Half Brain Shakespeare .