Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Last Movie Seen

Comments

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As noted in teh Tug, saw Leave the World Behind staring Julia Roberts, Ethan Hawke, Black guys whose name I can't remember but was the gay black guy in the movie about the gay black piano player in the south, oh, was it Green Book? I digress also has a little Kevin Bacon.

Not bad, if you subscribe to Netflix you already pay for it so, why not. Interesting topic and IMO decent reflection on the reliance of modern amenities in a ... not quite spelled out situation. A little suspense, a little, very little action. No great tits, but a tight little swim body.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:
    I’m a lucky man. Even Mrs Nacho knows Hallmark movies are twash.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Double Feature

Planes Trains and Automobiles
    Scrooged

Hadn't seen either in a long time and only faint recollection of a few scenes.

PT&A
    John Candy and Steve Martin. Some great laughs and heartfelt ending. Some solid quotes.
    Where is your other hand?
    Between two pillows.
    Those aren't pillows!

Scrooged
    Classic Bill Murray.
    God I miss the 80's.
    Little bit of nip. Some fit bodies and cleavage of the Night before Christmas Dancers. Lots of little zingers. Great spirit of Christmas ending.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    Founders Club

Double Feature

Planes Trains and Automobiles
    Scrooged

Hadn't seen either in a long time and only faint recollection of a few scenes.

PT&A
    John Candy and Steve Martin. Some great laughs and heartfelt ending. Some solid quotes.

Where is your other hand?
    Between two pillows.
    Those aren't pillows!

Scrooged
    Classic Bill Murray.
    God I miss the 80's.
    Little bit of nip. Some fit bodies and cleavage of the Night before Christmas Dancers. Lots of little zingers. Great spirit of Christmas ending.
    We watched Scrooged last December and have PT&A on the watchlist this year.
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,109
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I guess I can say I watched the original Total Recall over like 3 days of it being on Showtime during the day. I love it when rated R movies are shown on HBO or SHO in the afternoon. violence/language/sex.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,312
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I watched Sneakers a couple of weeks ago which I hadn't seen in 10 years. I still love it.

And of course The Boys in the Boat which has my review in its speshul thread.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    El_K said:

I guess I can say I watched the original Total Recall over like 3 days of it being on Showtime during the day. I love it when rated R movies are shown on HBO or SHO in the afternoon. violence/language/sex.

I'm still a bit upset three tits isn't a thing yet.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Watched Bad Santa last week. Kinda weird, ok movie.

• Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Die Hard. It’s Christmas after all.

Tis the season.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    alumni94 said:

Die Hard. It’s Christmas after all.

Tis the season.

Watching it after dinner tomorrow. Xmas tradition at the Nacho house.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just watched Blades of Glory with the kids. Still rad.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Watched 2 Christmas classics last night: It’s A Wonderful Life and Die Hard.

I’ve never watched Wonderful Life and it was worth the wait. I know people who watch it on the regular but it’s not one I’d probably watch again.

Die Hard is our post Christmas Eve dinner tradition and I typically doze off in the 2nd half of the movie; last night was no exception but my dozing only lasted a few minutes.

Here a couple things I always notice in the movie is this.

John McClane arrives and there are probably 100 people minimum at the Xmas party but there are only 30 hostages. Where’s the other 70 people go? Did they escape down a stairwell? Did Carl take them to a lower floor and execute them? I wanna know. If they escaped, what’s their story?

Hans and his team want the $640 million in negotiable bearer bonds in the Nagatomi vault. What the fuck are bearer bonds? Are they real or just a Hollywood invention?

On the topic of the bearer bonds, after the roof is blown up, McClane saves his wife and they exit the building it appears all the bearer bonds are floating down from the 30th floor. There are so many bearer bonds coming down that I’m wondering if each one was only worth 50 cents.

Finally, there are about 13 guys in Hans’ group including Hans. McClane kills 11 of them. At the end, he knocks one guy out before killing Hans and the Huey Lewis doppelgänger. Argyle, punches Theo in the face (it didn’t appear to be a very solid punch) and leaves him in the garage.

Do Theo and the other guy escape? Are they arrested? Imagine the trial.

At the end of the movie, it’s a free for all of hostages leaving the building and police, firemen, reporters and whoever else trying to get in. Some of the questions from the reporters are pretty funny in the obviousness of the question. For example, one reporter asks “are you happy to be outside?” I recommend turning on the closed captioning to read these lines because they’re background.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I watched Ben Hur Friday night for the first time in decades. I had no idea how gay it is. It's like a giant inside joke - story of Jesus 1950s family fare with something for your gay dad to enjoy. The rowing scenes for one. Ben Hur and the Roman Counsel were old friends. Good friends if you know what I mean

What's the deal with the Romans and making a big ship and deciding hey we'll just get more slaves and oars instead of inventing something better. Slavery inhibits advancement.

The chariot scene is about all that aged well. Plenty of Roman pageantry which was big back in the day. Darn near 4 hours because in 1959 going to the movie was about all there was to do in 81% of America
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Couple of days ago I watched The Wizard of Oz for probably the 50th time in my life. Still a great movie and this time the flying monkeys did not scare the shit out of me like it did when I was a little kid. Bert Lahr is funny as hell. My dearly departed sister used to sing We're Off to See the Wizard and dance around the house - had the steps down. Being the young'un kid out of 5 she always dragged me along. She thought I was a little monkey maybe.
    Any way a great movie
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946

I watched Ben Hur Friday night for the first time in decades. I had no idea how gay it is. It's like a giant inside joke - story of Jesus 1950s family fare with something for your gay dad to enjoy. The rowing scenes for one. Ben Hur and the Roman Counsel were old friends. Good friends if you know what I mean

What's the deal with the Romans and making a big ship and deciding hey we'll just get more slaves and oars instead of inventing something better. Slavery inhibits advancement.

The chariot scene is about all that aged well. Plenty of Roman pageantry which was big back in the day. Darn near 4 hours because in 1959 going to the movie was about all there was to do in 81% of America

Are we for or against gay rowers?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So obviously watched Boys in the Boat. I thought it was going to be a sequel to Boys in the Band so I was greatly disappointed. See my honest review in Boys in the Boat thread.

Christmas viewing:
    • Klaus - Netflix - solid cartoon original take on Santa beginning story. Good humor, would recommend.
    • Dr. Suess' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2018) - Another cartoon. I appreciate the humor in it. Bit less serious. Max the dog steals the show. Would recommend.
    • Home Alone 1 & 2 - Timeless. One of my dads absolutely loves slapstick so part of the charm was watching with him. TITTT moment in 2 when MAGA Dictator Fascist Nazi Donald Trump assists Kevin McCallister in finding the reception desk at the hotel. Did Joe Biden ever do such things? To be discussed in the Tug.
    • 1917 - Slapstick dad was tired of Christmas movies, politely declining White Christmas and others. Still one of the best movies of the last 10 years, 21st Century IMO.

Show started:
    • The Bear (Hulu) - Jeremy Allen White stars as renowned Chef moving back to Chicago to take over family beef restaurant after his brother commits suicide. Great dialogue show and cast of characters. Would recommend.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946

So obviously watched Boys in the Boat. I thought it was going to be a sequel to Boys in the Band so I was greatly disappointed. See my honest review in Boys in the Boat thread.

Christmas viewing:

• Klaus - Netflix - solid cartoon original take on Santa beginning story. Good humor, would recommend.
    • Dr. Suess' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2018) - Another cartoon. I appreciate the humor in it. Bit less serious. Max the dog steals the show. Would recommend.
    • Home Alone 1 & 2 - Timeless. One of my dads absolutely loves slapstick so part of the charm was watching with him. TITTT moment in 2 when MAGA Dictator Fascist Nazi Donald Trump assists Kevin McCallister in finding the reception desk at the hotel. Did Joe Biden ever do such things? To be discussed in the Tug.
    • 1917 - Slapstick dad was tired of Christmas movies, politely declining White Christmas and others. Still one of the best movies of the last 10 years, 21st Century IMO.

Show started:
    • The Bear (Hulu) - Jeremy Allen White stars as renowned Chef moving back to Chicago to take over family beef restaurant after his brother commits suicide. Great dialogue show and cast of characters. Would recommend.
    The Bear gets kind of dark in a couple episodes. Still a solid show but not a knee slapper

Just started Citadel on Prime. Solid first episode. Nick Jonas’ wife has a huge rack and some junk in the trunk. Robb Stark has amnesia.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Watched Rain Man last night. Saw it once when I was 17 maybe and thought it was dumb - pretty much describes my feelings on any non-action/comedy movies up until I was about 45.

Thought it was good. Forgot part of the movie is filmed up the road in Cincinnati.

Told Mrs Nacho I’m going to start acting like Rain Man next time we do a road trip.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Watched Rain Man last night. Saw it once when I was 17 maybe and thought it was dumb - pretty much describes my feelings on any non-action/comedy movies up until I was about 45.

Thought it was good. Forgot part of the movie is filmed up the road in Cincinnati.

Told Mrs Nacho I’m going to start acting like Rain Man next time we do a road trip.

Keep throwing toothpicks on the floor in every Cafe you dine in.

Hilarity will ensue.