Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Last Movie Seen

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Anchorman because why not. Wife’s sister and kids are here and my house is a war zone so I’ve retreated to my room.

So many quality one liners from this one.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I saw the Paw Patrol Movie with the kids. 'Nuff said about that.

Buy it and then have your kids play it in the background on repeat and then pop off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

I saw the Paw Patrol Movie with the kids. 'Nuff said about that.

Buy it and then have your kids play it in the background on repeat and then pop off.
    It gets better.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,996
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Anchorman because why not. Wife’s sister and kids are here and my house is a war zone so I’ve retreated to my room.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Go fuck your self San Diego.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    Swaye's Wigwam

Watched Idiocracy last night. I saw it about 15 years ago and Mrs Nacho had never seen it.

A couple thoughts:

- Maya Rudolph looks hot in this movie. I never SNL with her on the show and have only seen 1 other movie with her and I don’t remember her looking this good.

- The movie felt like a documentary about the Duck Refuge and much of Oregon’s fan base in general.

I think I'll make this the next movie I watch with the kids. I remember it as the greatest movie concept ever (the intro) followed by terrible execution in the actual movie in the sense of low-budget feel and a lot of poorly written and wooden dialog. It's a movie that's simultaneously super quotable yet completely forgettable between the great quotes, which is weird. The first time I watched it, I thought of it as an unfortunate waste of an amazing premise.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,996
    Founders Club

Watched Idiocracy last night. I saw it about 15 years ago and Mrs Nacho had never seen it.

A couple thoughts:

- Maya Rudolph looks hot in this movie. I never SNL with her on the show and have only seen 1 other movie with her and I don’t remember her looking this good.

- The movie felt like a documentary about the Duck Refuge and much of Oregon’s fan base in general.

I think I'll make this the next movie I watch with the kids. I remember it as the greatest movie concept ever (the intro) followed by terrible execution in the actual movie in the sense of low-budget feel and a lot of poorly written and wooden dialog. It's a movie that's simultaneously super quotable yet completely forgettable between the great quotes, which is weird. The first time I watched it, I thought of it as an unfortunate waste of an amazing premise.
    I thought the same thing. Very low budget feel and some great quotes. I remembered the overall plot but forgot about most of the scenes and how the movie went.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lost Women of Highway 20.

This is a documentary on HBO that begins with a missing teenage girl at Santiam Junction, Oregon in 1990 and becomes a serial rapist/killer case stretching back to 1978. It's a pretty fucked up story that happened without my knowledge. Recommend.

Warning ..the backwoods Oregon, deliverance vibe is strong in this one.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

A couple thoughts:

This movie feels like a documentary of the next 25 years of man kind. Pretty sure they are wearing crocs in the movie.
  • Options
    Founders Club

A couple thoughts:

This movie feels like a documentary of the next 25 years of man kind. Pretty sure they are wearing crocs in the movie.
    Speaking Crocs, someone told me Crocs were invented/made for this movie and then people started wearing them IRL.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gran Turismo

Not bad, not as impressive as the game though. The schlubby guy from Stranger Things (who in my head 81% of this board looks like irl) was pretty good. Orlando Bloom needs to retire back to whatever European hookers and blow den he came from.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

A couple thoughts:

Speaking Crocs, someone told me Crocs were invented/made for this movie and then people started wearing them IRL.
    Exactly my point. We’re entering the beginning of going full retard as a civilization.
  • Options
    Founders Club

A couple thoughts:

Exactly my point. We’re entering the beginning of going full retard as a civilization.
    After posting this, I Googled the history of Crocs and the 1 article I read had no mention of the movie.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

A couple thoughts:

After posting this, I Googled the history of Crocs and the 1 article I read had no mention of the movie.
    The full story
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/idiocracy-crocs/
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

A couple thoughts:

The full story
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/idiocracy-crocs/
    If we’re bashing Crocs, I’m out, pod. Wear em bushhogging, mowing, hunting, shit kicking, …
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So case and point.
  • Options

So case and point.

Case? Or point? We bashing? Or putting down? Or laughing? Or being uppity? Or high city slicker?

I like buckskin slippers as well.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

So case and point.

Case? Or point? We bashing? Or putting down? Or laughing? Or being uppity? Or high city slicker?

Abundance.

I can rock the souwf just not my favorite fit. I get the lifestyle, petal, vancleave, meridian. Just not what I’d want to wear all the time.

A grown man shouldn’t wears crocs. That’s all I have to say about that.
  • Options

SECDAWG said:

So case and point.

Abundance.

I can rock the souwf just not my favorite fit. I get the lifestyle, petal, vancleave, meridian. Just not what I’d want to wear all the time.

A grown man shouldn’t wears crocs. That’s all I have to say about that.
    Hear ya. I don’t Rock the Crocs, publicly. However, tractor, 4 wheeler, creek, river? Fuck flip
    Flops. That’s for the islands, Horn, Petti Bois, etc.

In the woods? Slipping the crocs on and digging in on the tractor and everything else, pod. Fashion statement be damned.