Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Last Movie Seen

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,188
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

So case and point.

Case? Or point? We bashing? Or putting down? Or laughing? Or being uppity? Or high city slicker?

I like buckskin slippers as well.
    Abundance.

I can rock the souwf just not my favorite fit. I get the lifestyle, petal, vancleave, meridian. Just not what I’d want to wear all the time.

A grown man shouldn’t wears crocs. That’s all I have to say about that.
    Hear ya. I don’t Rock the Crocs, publicly. However, tractor, 4 wheeler, creek, river? Fuck flip
    Flops. That’s for the islands, Horn, Petti Bois, etc.

In the woods? Slipping the crocs on and digging in on the tractor and everything else, pod. Fashion statement be damned.
    See, there you go. Preference in lifestyle. I’d wear flops all the time if I could. Use to wear them landscaping but got sick of flying debris cutting my feet up every time.

So same thing just different.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

So case and point.

Case? Or point? We bashing? Or putting down? Or laughing? Or being uppity? Or high city slicker?

I like buckskin slippers as well.
    Abundance.

I can rock the souwf just not my favorite fit. I get the lifestyle, petal, vancleave, meridian. Just not what I’d want to wear all the time.

A grown man shouldn’t wears crocs. That’s all I have to say about that.
    Hear ya. I don’t Rock the Crocs, publicly. However, tractor, 4 wheeler, creek, river? Fuck flip
    Flops. That’s for the islands, Horn, Petti Bois, etc.

In the woods? Slipping the crocs on and digging in on the tractor and everything else, pod. Fashion statement be damned.
    See, there you go. Preference in lifestyle. I’d wear flops all the time if I could. Use to wear them landscaping but got sick of flying debris cutting my feet up every time.

So same thing just different.
    Hell, I wear them in the winter down here in Petal, pod. On the coast. Hell, you know. But when I’m SERIOUS, like on the tractor? Don’t want a toe ripped off or some shit. But it’s casual around these parts. Hell, you fucking know.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,577
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023
    alumni94 said:

I was bored, watched the Muppet movie. Classic.
    Need more Electric Mayhem.

is it weird that I love the Muppet movies? In a different life (wife number 2) when the kids were little I could do most voices of the muppet characters for the kids. The ex asked where I learned to do those voices. me: watching Sesame Street. She: file for divorce
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,270
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

alumni94 said:

is it weird that I love the Muppet movies? In a different life (wife number 2) when the kids were little I could do most voices of the muppet characters for the kids. The ex asked where I learned to do those voices. me: watching Sesame Street. She: file for divorce
    We took the kids to what I think was the last Muppets movie, over 10 years ago, and it was good for what it was.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,188
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

alumni94 said:

Yea but we accept you either way.

The heathens and I thoroughly enjoy the muppet movies.

It sounds like you’re trying to determine if you’re a muppet or a man or are you a muppet of a man?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,270
    Founders Club
    Mrs Nacho wanted a holiday movie before Xmas Eve which is reserved for Die Hard. A friend of hers recommended the Holiday with Cameron Diaz, the Jude did it Law, Kate Winslett and Jack Black.

After 2 hours and 15 minutes of torture we finished the movie and said what a shitty fucking movie. No rom-com should ever go past 100 minutes but this movie was confused about what it was supposed to be. There were entire scenes that completely un-fucking-necessary yet still in the movie.

Our other option for last was The Bodyguard and we chose The Holiday instead. If I could go back in time, I’d show myself this gif after that choice

• Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,998
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Join Nacho this weekend as he and his wife “enjoy” Love Actually!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    biak1 said:

• Options
    Founders Club
    Master & Commander.

Haven’t seen it in about 15 years. Definitely enjoyed more this time around. Watched by myself as Mrs Nacho is out of town. Definitely a guysm movie.
  • Options
    Watching My Cousin Vinny for the 100th time probably. One of those can’t pass it when on. Classic. And Skyfall with 007.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    haie said:

LA Confidential.

Great era for noir films, they should make more.

Great fucking movie.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It kept coming up as a recommendation since I have been watching a bunch of westerns. Therefore, finally watched Open Range.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Range_(2003_film)

Good movie, the gun fight at the end was entertaining.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Watching a pretty good older film that I haven’t seen in a while. Made in 1981. Caught it on scanning around Direct TV earlier and recorded it:

Southern Comfort

Louisiana National Guard training in the Louisiana swamps and bayous during the Vietnam War era and fucked with the local Cajun Army that lives in there. Wasn’t a good move. They fucked around and found out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=swKpsdkW-Hk
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,723
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    biak1 said:

Fuck, man! That was my Saturday last weekend.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Finished off the Godfather trilogy. The whole cousin fucker plot was fucking gross.

The movie was good but I could just tell something was a little bit off between the greatness of the first 2 movies and the final movie. The 3rd movie just was missing something.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2023

Finished off the Godfather trilogy. The whole cousin fucker plot was fucking gross.

The movie was good but I could just tell something was a little bit off between the greatness of the first 2 movies and the final movie. The 3rd movie just was missing something.

Bad-Ass Assassin in that one. But Connie was annoying. And Sofia Coppola should stick to making her own great movies and stay out of dad's.

Think I'll re-watch Lost in Translation this weekend.

For the hundredth time.

Murray's great and what's-her-face from the Horse Whisperer is adorable in that flick.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bad-Ass Assassin in that one. But Connie was annoying. And Sofia Coppola should stick to making her own great movies and stay out of dad's.

Think I'll re-watch Lost in Translation this weekend.

For the hundredth time.

Murray's great and what's-her-face from the Horse Whisperer is adorable in that flick.
    I read some of the IMDb trivia and Sophie didn’t want to be in the movie but felt pressure from her dad after the first lead was killed and then Winona Ryder dropped out. She wasn’t great but I feel kinda for her.

It felt like Connie was a split personality. On one hand, she thought Fredo drowned but on the hand she was being cold blooded. Definitely way more involved in the family business.

• Options
    The Killer

Meh, it was OK. Knock off James Bond movie, I guess. Moderately entertaining.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5S7FR_HCg9g