Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Last Movie Seen

Comments

• Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,129
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

El_K said:

Not a movie, but started watching Ashoka on Disney.

Next movie will Plane with Gerard Butler. The brother in law’s sister in laws husband is the screenwriter. Matt something. Met him once. Nice guy. We always try and watch his movies to help him out I guess.

@El_K What do you think of Ashoka so far?
    It is a bit slower so I really have to pay attention as I am not familiar with the character. I like it as I am easily entertained. I guess I would maybe have more of a boner for the show if I watched the cartoons and stuff. I also like how it comes out once a week. None of this just dumping the whole season out there.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Above Suspicion with our darling from GOT, Emilia Clark…in @CFetters_Nacho_Lover land.

I recognized her, not bad…her or the movie.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,174
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited August 2023
    Finally had Mrs Nacho agree to watch Godfather last night. Her comment after it was over: “wow, that really a great movie.”
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,556
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    El_K said:

The Strain was great. What I had to suspend belief on was everyone getting laid left and right. Efrem and the Ukrainian guy. And by hott chicks! Then the kid started to annoy me.

This is something that has really taken a strong grip on me in recent years. If its not plausible then I immediately lose interest. I like things that are close to reality and tell a good story.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,565
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tried to get the Mrs to watch Killer Klowns from Outer Space, no go, so I watched Red Dragon (the second) forget what the first version was called. Great movie, sick fucks, blood, and good acting. No tits

Will make it thru The Silence of the Lambs next
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,119
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    El_K said:

El_K said:

Not a movie, but started watching Ashoka on Disney.

Next movie will Plane with Gerard Butler. The brother in law’s sister in laws husband is the screenwriter. Matt something. Met him once. Nice guy. We always try and watch his movies to help him out I guess.

@El_K What do you think of Ashoka so far?
    It is a bit slower so I really have to pay attention as I am not familiar with the character. I like it as I am easily entertained. I guess I would maybe have more of a boner for the show if I watched the cartoons and stuff. I also like how it comes out once a week. None of this just dumping the whole season out there.
    Watched two episodes this weekend. Not bad, not great, but we’ll continue.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    edited August 2023
    Watched a Roger Moore Bond. The Spy Who Loved Me. Better than I remember. Roger is ladies man Bond, good introduction to Jaws.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,704
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    alumni94 said:

Watched a Roger Moore Bond. The Spy Who Loved Me. Better than I remember. Roger is ladies man Bond, good introduction to Jaws.

That is the best one with Moore by a wide margin and the only one with him that ranks among the better Bond movies IMO.
  • Options
    LebamDawg said:

Tried to get the Mrs to watch Killer Klowns from Outer Space, no go, so I watched Red Dragon (the second) forget what the first version was called. Great movie, sick fucks, blood, and good acting. No tits

Will make it thru The Silence of the Lambs next

“Killer Clowns in Outer Space”…heh. That’s a strange one, for sure.

Watched “Evil Dead Rise”..a 2023 movie. Don’t know what to think of it. Entertaining? Yes, very. Not bad for a newer horror movie compared to most newer horror movies. ..

However, a lot of blood. It’s Exorcist, meet Texas Chainsaw Massacre meet Saw meet Slaughterhouse. Blood, a lot of blood, like, elevators full of blood…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=smTK_AeAPHs

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Watched Silence of the Lambs - great movie, good acting, not enuf tits, too many fat chicks, dead ones. Buffalo Bill is the kind of guy that is on the news almost daily now. It was a training film for sickos.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Watched Silence of the Lambs - great movie, good acting, not enuf tits, too many fat chicks, dead ones. Buffalo Bill is the kind of guy that is on the news almost daily now. It was a training film for sickos.

I saw that new in the theater with a girlfriend. When we got out to the car she made me get down and look underneath and check the trunk before she'd get in. She was pretty freaked out. Bundy and the Green River were still fresh on peoples' minds. I don't think Ridgeway had been caught yet at that time.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,174
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

LebamDawg said:

I saw that new in the theater with a girlfriend. When we got out to the car she made me get down and look underneath and check the trunk before she'd get in. She was pretty freaked out. Bundy and the Green River were still fresh on peoples' minds. I don't think Ridgeway had been caught yet at that time.
    Similar experience for me.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,774
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

They don't make enough movies in this sub genre anymore.

Frozen Ground, Insomnia, The Snowman, To Catch a Killer, Seven, True Detective Season I is basically a 12 hour movie.

People seemingly just want pure horror or PG TV detective series now.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

LebamDawg said:

Buffalo Bill could have made a dress, suitcase, and a couple of wall hangings out of you - but you would not have fit into the well. He never would have been able to get you in the van, you my friend were safe as could be. Or were you referring to a GF?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

chuck said:

LebamDawg said:

Buffalo Bill could have made a dress, suitcase, and a couple of wall hangings out of you - but you would not have fit into the well. He never would have been able to get you in the van, you my friend were safe as could be. Or were you referring to a GF?
    I was much skinnier back then, only weighed 275 and that well looked pretty wide.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Watched and now for something completely different last night. I liked MP movies but this one was just thrown together skits. Kind of funny but old MP humor is so childish - guess that is why I liked it
    Musical skit related to PNW
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLqHkAorjMk
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I watched BS High (Bishop Sycamore) last night on Max.

I've had an interest in pathological personalities lately for some reason. It was funny that I stumbled into a pretty good case study in the form of a sports doc. Watching and listening to that dude was funny at times, but spooky and/or cringe at all times. It could almost land in the horror category like a serial killer documentary.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,556
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

LebamDawg said:

Ridgeway at least waited a day to commit his heinous crimes. No wonder @PurpleBaze didn't get a date in high school. Chicks have a sixth sense.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,352
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    9 hour flight back in May. Rarely sit through movies anymore, but I needed something to do.

I'd never actually seen the classic Twelve Angry Men before. Great movie! Way better than anything I've seen in many years.

• Options
    chuck said:

I watched BS High (Bishop Sycamore) last night on Max.

I've had an interest in pathological personalities lately for some reason. It was funny that I stumbled into a pretty good case study in the form of a sports doc. Watching and listening to that dude was funny at times, but spooky and/or cringe at all times. It could almost land in the horror category like a serial killer documentary.

Saw that documentary on HBO. Dude(Roy) is cra cra. Smart but crazy. Good documentary.

I remember on a Sunday settling in watching IMG taking on that team actually and going, WTF.