Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Last Movie Seen

Comments

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,565
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Caught The Jackal with Bruce Willis, Sidney Poitier and Richard Gere - liked The Day of the Jackal better. That was one killing machine he had, and was a tricky little bastard. Would have been more realistic if he just walked across the border rather than sneaking in, I guess it was OK
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Sleepy Hollow. With Depp.

Meh
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,174
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

Caught The Jackal with Bruce Willis, Sidney Poitier and Richard Gere - liked The Day of the Jackal better. That was one killing machine he had, and was a tricky little bastard. Would have been more realistic if he just walked across the border rather than sneaking in, I guess it was OK

I started watching Day of the Jackal about a month ago but fell asleep about 20 minutes into it. I need to give it another go and not start it at 10:30pm after a long day of drinking Banauets.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,289
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2023
    Passengers

Chris Pratt and Jenifer Lawrence. Space opera
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Put some hair on my kids' chests by introducing them to Braveheart. Fuck yeah.
  • Options
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,174
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

Plane with Gerald Butler. Meh.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M25zXBIUVr0

I can’t remember who I was talking to but they saw this movie because their 2nd cousin’s step-brother’s gay uncle was the assistant to the regional screen writer.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,774
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Remaining must see movies for 2023:

Killers of the Flower Moon
    The Killer
    Boys in the Boat
  • Options
    I ain’t watched shit but CFB.

I have been catching up on “Save the Raft”..

Lotta drama on that sled
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    Watched The Salvation.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Salvation_(film)

A cowboy movie. Overall, good. I like cowboy movie though. The plot seems to be stole from many other cowboy movies, so the is what brings it down.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,565
    Swaye's Wigwam
    watched Inherit the Wind newer version with Lemmon and George C Scott, the original was better - Lemmon was good but is no Spencer, Scott was not as good as Frederick March. Support cast was OK - Now I have to watch the original to see how they changed it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Snowman. Classic imo.

Great setting, solid horror/crime elements and maybe an obvious culprit but at least everything made sense.

Michael Fassbender was great in it and Rebecca Ferguson is hot.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tropic Thunder. Haven’t seen it since it first came out and I think I enjoyed it more last night than I did back in 2008.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    I've been watching "family" movies I've never seen before. Cats vs Dog, Toy Story 3 and 4, How to Train Your Dragon, etc.

May seem lame, but most of these movies are really fucking good.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,704
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've been watching "family" movies I've never seen before. Cats vs Dog, Toy Story 3 and 4, How to Train Your Dragon, etc.

There are still a few things I'll sit through from when my son was a little guy. Toy Story, Monsters Inc, and Ice Age were ones I remember the most. The one show that really stuck for me from those days was the Avatar: the Last Airbender cartoon series. I was just thinking about watching that again a few days ago.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nefarious.

Thought it was pretty good especially for the type of movie that is almost all dialogue in one scene.

Bonus points for some of the points they made and featuring Glenn Beck to trigger the dipshits.

Movie critics are generally heavy left leaning so it was entertaining reading some of these meltdowns disguised as an objective take about the film.

You can't pull a movie like this without a great script and leads that know what they're doing.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,119
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2023
    chuck said:

There are still a few things I'll sit through from when my son was a little guy. Toy Story, Monsters Inc, and Ice Age were ones I remember the most. The one show that really stuck for me from those days was the Avatar: the Last Airbender cartoon series. I was just thinking about watching that again a few days ago.
    Find the non-animated last air bender. M. Night shamalaun or whatever his name is. It was a little ahead of its time but it’d be a hit now.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,704
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Find the non-animated last air bender. M. Night shamalaun or whatever his name is. It was a little ahead of its time but it’d be a hit now.
    Fuck dude I went to the theater for that and walked out on it. He completely butchered it. That series needs to be attempted over again by someone who wants to glorify the story and the original writing, not their own artistic vision.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Fuck dude I went to the theater for that and walked out on it. He completely butchered it. That series needs to be attempted over again by someone who wants to glorify the story and the original writing, not their own artistic vision.
    I must have shit taste in kids movies.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not sure if this belongs here but watched comedian Michelle Wolf. Any time you make fun of #metoo and talk about putting ballz in your mouth you’ve got my attention.