Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Last Movie Seen

Comments

• Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The Conjuring. Original.

Pretty good. Don’t watch it if about to go to sleep…
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    an old movie last night - Catch 22 - funny as hell and kind of dark at the same time. Total silliness in places, tits from old actresses, full frontal. Give this one 4 stars, hell of a cast
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,109
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dungeons and Dragons. It was a movie we all could agree on and nobody had seen. Entertaining. There was no mention of bugbears and The Keep on the Borderlands.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Another 48 Hours.

I have a theory about sequels. Typically, the longer the time between the original and the sequel, the higher the odds of sequel sucking.

OG 48 Hours was released in 82, the sequel in 90. Another 48 is supposed to be an action comedy but it’s short on comedy and much of the comedy the same jokes from the original.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    watched a most disturbing one last night - Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses
    Debauchery at its finest, torture, tits, blood, guts, comedy, you name it. Rob's homage to horror movies. 5 stars.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

watched a most disturbing one last night - Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses
    Debauchery at its finest, torture, tits, blood, guts, comedy, you name it. Rob's homage to horror movies. 5 stars.

Haven't seen that one but wasn't The Devil's Rejects one of his too? One stupid, fucked up movie that I could never turn off when I came across it.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    El_K said:

Currently watching a TV show called The Strain. Was on FX a few years ago. So I am slamming through those DVDs

I think the next movie in the DVD queue from Netflix is Final Destination 5.

I loved that show but was Bigly disappointed at the ending.it felt like they
    El_K said:

Currently watching a TV show called The Strain. Was on FX a few years ago. So I am slamming through those DVDs

I think the next movie in the DVD queue from Netflix is Final Destination 5.

The Strain was great up until the ending. To me it felt like they were planning on at least 1 more season but got canceled before it was shot. Huge disappointment.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Strain was great. What I had to suspend belief on was everyone getting laid left and right. Efrem and the Ukrainian guy. And by hott chicks! Then the kid started to annoy me.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Rental
    Decent psychological horror movie about an Air BNB from hell.
    No boobs, but a sex shower scene. Not too gruesome.
    Alison Brie helps. Directed by Dave Franco.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2023
    Ninja Turtles. 10/10 art style 9/10 music and Ice Cube was entertaining as the main villain.

Best "family" movie in awhile and much better than Mario.

Pretty non canon, unique premise that you don't get with the other movies/shows/games with this IP.

Definitely a 180 on the Shredder's Revenge game last year that got Game of the Year.

Seth Rogan did a very good job with it.
  • Options
    The Veil..

Wasn’t WAF
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Entity
    Yep. Watched it to see naked Barbara Hershey.
    It seems there were a ton of possessed type movies in the early 80s that would have freaked me out as a kid.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    Founders Club
    El_K said:

The Entity
    Yep. Watched it to see naked Barbara Hershey.
    It seems there were a ton of possessed type movies in the early 80s that would have freaked me out as a kid.

Probably copy cars off the Exorcist.

We completed the Paul Hogan/Crocodile Dundee franchise with The Very Excellent Mr Dundee.

Not bad, had some funny stuff and some cameos including Chevy Chase, John Cleese, Olivia Newton John, Wayne Knight and Reginald Vel Johnson. It had also made fun of Hollywood in general.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2023
    At the theatre it was Super Mario Bros

At home it was the live action Little Mermaid

I have a 4 year old daughter…

But I will say I actually enjoyed Super Mario Bros a little. Jack Black playing Bowser was pretty good.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

At the theatre it was Super Mario Bros

At home it was the live action Little Mermaid

I have a 4 year old daughter…

But I will say I actually enjoyed Super Mario Bros a little. Jack Black playing Bowser was pretty good.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Watched guardians of the galaxy 3 with two of the heathens. Had to do it when TOF wasn’t around as the parental movie review talks about them dropping the F bomb in there.

Kids here be say it all the time so weren’t too fazed.

Was pretty good. Considering not much since end game, or whatever the last one was, has been ok at best I was actually pleased.

Star Lord will return.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Interstellar

3 fucking hours but decent. I watched
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Flags of Our Fathers. I read the book and saw Letters From Iwo Jima but never saw this until today.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Golden Balls
    Ever since I saw it at Blockbuster way back when and never rented it, I said to myself I am going to watch that movie someday. the title made me laugh.

With Netflix cancelling mail at home DVDs, I am trying to cram in as much as I can.

• Options
    Ida Red, again. It’s on showtime continuous loop, I think…pretty good movie.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zSWiHjeyfGM