Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Last Movie Seen

Comments

• Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    REPTILE…

Pretty damn good with pod, Benico Del Toro…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KS1cNkZ9o1U
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,432
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Caine Mutiny

The new one not the Humphrey Bogart one

Decent naval courtroom drama
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,236
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I watched the 2 latest movies in the Predator franchise. One with native Americans called Prey and the other called The Predator made in 2018.

Prey was predictable with lots of “oh look, here’s this girl who can do all things men can and she’s a hero” type stuff.

2 things on this movie. The girl was supposed to be a Comanche but the movie is set in 1719 in the great northern plains. I’m 99% positive the Comanche were exclusively a southwest tribe.

2nd, the original predator was bad ass with a laser gun and blades. If you’re gonna make more of the flicks, stop coming up with cool shit to give the predator. It’s gay enough as it is.

There’s a couple scenes with French trappers who of course, because they’re white colonizers are portrayed as the bad guys, and the Predator does a bunch of CGI captain America Speer hero moves on them instead of just being the Predator and fucking them up.

ATBS, it was the better of the 2 movies and at least decent.

The other movie was so fucking bad, I turned it off after 20 minutes. Easily the worst of the Predator franchise
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,236
    Founders Club

Haunted Mansion. Thought it was great. Kids loved it and didn’t feel like a two hr long movie.

Between this and Ahaoka I’m really developing a hard on for Rosario Dawson.

Having a gun leg helps as well.

Watching this now. Definitely a kids movie but funny for me and Mrs Nacho.
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,134
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Class.
    Rob Lowe. Andrew McCarthy. Jaqueline Bissett
    I kinda knew what happens but had never seen it in its entirety. And quite a few stars in early roles. Virginia Madden. John Cusack. Alan Ruck.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,721
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    El_K said:

Class.
    I kinda knew what happens but had never seen it in its entirety. And quite a few stars in early roles. Virginia Madden. John Cusack. Alan Ruck.

I might have seen that a long time ago. Is that where Rob Lowe goes to Oxford?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

El_K said:

Class.

IIRC that is Oxford Blues. Class is where Andrew McCarthy bones Rob Lowe’s mom in the reg. Then Rob Lowe finds out and things go bad between them. Then they make up.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,721
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    El_K said:

chuck said:

El_K said:

Class.

IIRC that is Oxford Blues. Class is where Andrew McCarthy bones Rob Lowe’s mom in the reg. Then Rob Lowe finds out and things go bad between them. Then they make up.
    Oh yeah you're right. I probably would've remembered that if I had thought for a minute.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Once Upon a Time in the West

I thought I had seen this before, and maybe I did, but didn’t recall it.

Great movie. Top 3 western of all time maybe.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UHF
    Weird Al, Fran Drescher, Michael Richards.
    It was OK. I am sure it was much funnier back in the day. And I can also see it being the cult classic it is now.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2023
    alumni94 said:

No new movies from me of late caus football, but can say this,

Once Upon A Time is a straight up classic western. A “spaghetti”
    Italian western from the master himself. Came after Fist Full of dollars, A Few More and Good, BAd and Ugly…

starring…Henry Fonda, Charles Bronson, (Jack Elam, one of my favs) and many more…one of the best ever, up there with Good, Bad and Ugly…..

Official Trailer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MNGQ1hUyx-k
  • Options
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

alumni94 said:

No new movies from me of late caus football, but can say this,

Once Upon A Time is a straight up classic western. A “spaghetti”
    Italian western from the master himself. Came after Fist Full of dollars, A Few More and Good, BAd and Ugly…

starring…Henry Fonda, Charles Bronson, (Jack Elam, one of my favs) and many more…one of the best ever, up there with Good, Bad and Ugly…..

Official Trailer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MNGQ1hUyx-k
    Never seen this one pod but I’m taking your recommendation and adding it to my list.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    THX 1138
    I remember trying to watch it on channel 13 KCPQ when I was a kid because George Lucas directed it and he did Star Wars. So it had to be cool, right? Never did finish it as a kid. Started it last night and fell asleep. Finished it today. I can hear and see some of the influences that made it into Star Wars. You really have to be in the mood to watch it.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,788
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Killers of the Flower Moon

It will probably win best picture but I've just resigned myself to the fact that Scorsese is just going to make movies like the Irishman which I thought was boring.

This was much better, and a very good movie, but as soon as the story starts wrapping up he goes on for another 45 min to an hour.

The baseline story does seem cut and dry and he is talented and gets a lot out of it but the book maybe has more to offer than 3.5 hours of Leonardo DiCaprio schtick.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,281
    edited October 2023
    Was subjected to Barbie last night at the request of Mrs. Throbber v2.0.

May never get over the PTSD of that abortion of a movie. Not funny. Not thoughtful. Just total bullshit. Praise Allah that I fell asleep with about an hour to go.

Still WOOD Margot Robbie.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,788
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Was subjected to Barbie last night at the request of Mrs. Throbber v2.0.

May never get over the PTSD of that abortion of a movie. Not funny. Not thoughtful. Just total bullshit. Praise Allah that I fell asleep with about an hour to go.

Still WOOD Margot Robbie.

Ryan Gosling used to do movies like Murder by Numbers, Drive, and Only God Forgives.

Now he does shit like this.

Michael Fassbender is the last lead movie star left that is either doing cool shit like The Snowman, The Killer or he's just going to walk away and be a racecar driver and say fuck hollywood.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,432
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fast and Furious X

Don't bother
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,166
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Old Dads with Bill Burr. Exactly what you’d expect which was making fun of everyone and everything. Reminds me why I’m content in the souwf. Go in with low expectations and you’ll enjoy.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Killers of the Flower Moon 5/5
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Oceans 8. Remakes with all chicks are never a good idea. It was predictable.

Worth a watch if you have nothing else going on.