Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Race Bannon's OFFICIAL Golf Talk 2023-2024 Thread

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,300
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Tiger could drive a car as well as a golf ball, he probably would have Jack's record now, too.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,859
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Brooks admitted he was worried about his health. He is a straight shooter

For guys like Lee Westwood it's pretty much a no brainer to take the cash

America has a long love hate relationship with the Saudis. The tour is using that to their advantage

The tour would still be playing in China if not for covid

To me the politics are a wash. The tour is still better in my opinion

But it would be better with Brooks too

If we are being honest, the best part (or one of the best parts) about Brooks was that he didn’t give a shit about the week to week stops of the tour and instead brought it all out for the majors. If he’s back, then it doesn’t matter what tour he plays week to week.
    The designated events have the guys interested. Maybe Brooks would have been too

I like the guy with 15 majors and 67 other wins

Brooks is out of exemptions after this year. 2nd place gets him in the Masters next year
    Maybe. Though would any of that existed if not for people like Brooks jumping ship. Who knows.

He has PGA Championship status forever. So he’s got that big advantage over all the other LIV players in terms of getting into the majors. If push comes to shove he can always go qualify for US or British Open too.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

America has a long love hate relationship with the Saudis. The tour is using that to their advantage

If we are being honest, the best part (or one of the best parts) about Brooks was that he didn’t give a shit about the week to week stops of the tour and instead brought it all out for the majors. If he’s back, then it doesn’t matter what tour he plays week to week.
    The designated events have the guys interested. Maybe Brooks would have been too

Brooks is out of exemptions after this year. 2nd place gets him in the Masters next year
    Maybe. Though would any of that existed if not for people like Brooks jumping ship. Who knows.

He has PGA Championship status forever. So he’s got that big advantage over all the other LIV players in terms of getting into the majors. If push comes to shove he can always go qualify for US or British Open too.
    Without LIV we aren't here this fast. No question. Props to the tour for being nimble enough to keep most of it together

Someday LIV and the Tours need to make peace. Stop trying to destroy each other.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bob_C said:

@RaceBannon do you see an alternate history where Tiger is more chill on the training and breaks 20 majors rather easily? Lefty still looks soft and I think he's go another major win in him potentially.
    Moobs/Lefty looked fitter than ever.
    He looks like he's done some pushups and cut back on the cold ones.

Doesn't look like special ops Tiger though.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Without LIV we aren't here this fast. No question. Props to the tour for being nimble enough to keep most of it together

Someday LIV and the Tours need to make peace. Stop trying to destroy each other.
    That last part is the correct answer, would save both of them headaches and lots of money. Those sucking off the tour are simultaneously saying that LIV is really shitty as a product and their players are washed up and suck and it's such a threat that we need to do whatever is necessary to keep them down. It's PGOS level logic. LIV sucks and won't ever be good enough to take Berlin.

The money being offered by LIV to steal players is a direct result of the pushback that PGA Tour policies of total banishment have created.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

If Tiger could drive a car as well as a golf ball, he probably would have Jack's record now, too.

His bad knees led to his bad back which led to pain pills which led to car crashes

Basically his career was 97 to 08

He showed in 2019 that if he had stayed healthy he'd win into his 50s
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

There's a comp in here somewhere to the Indy Racing League and CART split back in the late 90's. That's what I keep thinking of as far as precedent, but golf is a much larger sport than Indy Cars, and the PGA is too big to fail, IMO.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Norman has to go. He made it personal
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PGA Tour winner Will Zalatoris announced Monday that he will miss the remainder of the season after undergoing back surgery.

"After careful consideration and seeking multiple medical opinions, I underwent a successful microdiscectomy on Saturday," Zalatoris said on Instagram. "As much as I hate not being able to play the rest of this season, I am happy that I am already seeing the benefits of the procedure. Playing and living in pain is not fun. I look forward to making a full recovery and seeing everyone in the fall. Thank you to Dr. Michael Duffy, Dr. Tom Kelton, and their respective teams for getting me fixed. And, of course, thank you to everyone for the support and the messages. I look forward to getting back to 100%."

A microdiscectomy is a surgery that repairs a ruptured or damaged lumbar spine disc. Tiger Woods has had no fewer than four microdiscectomy procedures in the last decade.

Zalatoris withdrew ahead of the first round of the Masters last Thursday due to a nagging back injury.
  • Options
    YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

PGA Tour winner Will Zalatoris announced Monday that he will miss the remainder of the season after undergoing back surgery.

"After careful consideration and seeking multiple medical opinions, I underwent a successful microdiscectomy on Saturday," Zalatoris said on Instagram. "As much as I hate not being able to play the rest of this season, I am happy that I am already seeing the benefits of the procedure. Playing and living in pain is not fun. I look forward to making a full recovery and seeing everyone in the fall. Thank you to Dr. Michael Duffy, Dr. Tom Kelton, and their respective teams for getting me fixed. And, of course, thank you to everyone for the support and the messages. I look forward to getting back to 100%."

A microdiscectomy is a surgery that repairs a ruptured or damaged lumbar spine disc. Tiger Woods has had no fewer than four microdiscectomy procedures in the last decade.

Zalatoris withdrew ahead of the first round of the Masters last Thursday due to a nagging back injury.

!0 months: Will Z joins LIV
  • Options
    Founders Club
    YouKnowIt said:

!0 months: Will Z joins LIV
    He was talking a few weeks ago about how he turned down a bid number from them, rumors were $100m, guessing that was made in September/August of last year. He isn't getting that now. I bet he stays put.

Sucks for him, top 5 ball striker on tour, terrible putter from short range. He'll have to actually be healthy in order to compete as he has nothing to fall back on as he builds up strength.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Bob_C said:

@RaceBannon do you see an alternate history where Tiger is more chill on the training and breaks 20 majors rather easily? Lefty still looks soft and I think he's go another major win in him potentially.
    Moobs/Lefty looked fitter than ever.
    He looks like he's done some pushups and cut back on the cold ones.

Doesn't look like special ops Tiger though.
    More coffee and swinging ... allegedly
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Had a good chat on Friday with my lesbo, ex D 1 golfer neighbor about PGA vs Liv. I conceded the point that maybe some positives will result from another format challenging PGA monopoly. But I remained unyielding in my loathing of @PurpleBaze paying the bills.

@Tequilla my neighbor shot 78 at Tetherow on a bad day the round I played with her.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Had a good chat on Friday with my lesbo, ex D 1 golfer neighbor about PGA vs Liv. I conceded the point that maybe some positives will result from another format challenging PGA monopoly. But I remained unyielding in my loathing of @PurpleBaze paying the bills.

@Tequilla my neighbor shot 78 at Tetherow on a bad day the round I played with her.

I hate how they're trying to appeal to the new age golfers .. the douche bags who blare music from their carts and generally make noise and bring the NASCAR element to public golf courses.

I said NASCAR but there's a whole other crowd out there now too...kind of a hipster/woke douchebag element that's opposite yet effectively identical to the NASCAR crowd when it comes to their effect on the golf course atmosphere. They also blare their music and say things like "how about if you do you and I do me?" A little hipster fag said that to my vary large, very aggressive brother last summer on our home course and it was two of his steps away from getting really ugly. He would have pummeled all three of these dudes without breaking a sweat, but fortunately the two buddies of the guy who said that intervened and lowered the tension by agreeing to stop.

Stop what, you ask? They were sitting 50' away from the first tee, on the edge of the parking lot, playing guitars and singing. Loudly. Weird as fuck, but I bet they don't do it again.

Anyways, I partially blame the LIV tour for some of this even though it started before them. They're perpetuating and even encouraging it.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I kinda like having some music playing at the tee box. Beats everyone talking in their fake Jim Nantz whisper voices.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I kinda like having some music playing at the tee box. Beats everyone talking in their fake Jim Nantz whisper voices.

My stance is that everyone should have a choice on the music. Either keep it quiet enough that other groups can't hear it, or wear headphones. People who don't like it shouldn't have to hear it when there are other ways. Most of these people either think they're being cool by sharing their tunes with everyone else (the hipsters) or are doing it defiantly because they know it's irritating to most of the other golfers out there (NASCAR crowd).