Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: The Anti-Oregon Show

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,275
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Bend was a lot cooler about 10 25 years ago.

FTFY

That's the same of any mountain town. They all get ruined by Cali-fags eventually.

Park City sucks now. Ask @rodmansrage . In the 80s and 90s it was still great.

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,817
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023

TheHB said:

FTFY

That's the same of any mountain town. They all get ruined by Cali-fags eventually.

Bellingham is basically a mountain town because Mount Baker is so close and yeah I suspect most of the people who turned it into Seaworld for the people who made Seattle unfun and expensive are from out of state and Seattle by way of out of state.

I don’t think it’s as expensive as Bend yet but it’s pretty crazy given how terrible the weather is there and how isolated it is. Food and drinks and general living stuff was more expensive there than when I was in London and Dublin a few months ago.

Outdoor JAGs is a good term. I don’t really know what to call them since yuppies doesn’t really work.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,817
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

I hate Oregon 100x more than Oregon State and I think it will just take another win or two to bring out more Oregon hatred to UW. If nothing else than for the stupid dubs down bullshit. It's one reason why the soft dick losing in 2018 and 19 stung because UW easily could have taken the rivalry back and then some.

I still like the Beav. I actually really like the Coug and not just because I went to the school there. I'm willing to overlook the the terrible hatred. Though I would say part of that probably has to do with their lack of threat capabilities.

My hate for Oregon isn't much about them hating UW and more hating the Nike and undeserved outside of the prime Chip years media hype bullshit. I also think likely because of Phil and Nike they've pushed a bunch of the shit that has made college football less enjoyable and they take no flack for it. It's also never been about them winning. I never had a problem with USC under Pete Carroll and in general and they've also always been dirty. I have no beef with ASU and they've been better against UW this millennium than Oregon has.

I have no beef with ASU other than Todd Graham was an insufferable cunt.
    ASU has actually always been one of my favorite programs in the Pac-12 but it’s hard since Uw never beats them.

One of the ranked Pac-12 teams is going to end up going 6-6 and I would bet on the Beav. Their one quality win was in a miracle against the Ducks, they got smoked by Utah and got a lot of points for barely losing games to USC and UW where the Troj and Huskies were a dream matchup for them their their DBs and run game and the winners kind of just wanted to get out of those games with a W and had nothing to prove.

Don’t have much faith in DJU or Jon Smith either.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,352
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

I listened to the whole pod and while it was @Tequilla long; DR I got through and enjoyed it.

I thought the Cam Cleland remark was profound - i.e., Washington is key the Oregon mystique and narrative, but not the other way around. They will always be little brother until they win a Natty and I think their best opportunity was stymied by Cam. And I say this while clearly admitting they've been the better program by far over the past 20 years.

I reflect often on my relationship with the Ducktards since I moved down to Oree-gon to live amongst them. Funny enough, it's always been very cordial. I talk to A Lot of Duck alumns and Jack Ducks on the ski lifts, at the bars, watching little piss sportsball, and no one talks shit to me ever. The only exception to this of the past few years are the special needs, Safeway check-out guysm Jack Ducks, and then I just indulge them to brighten their days.

I don't know what it is...maybe my 6'6" 215 lb Army Ranger physique keeps them in line? We'll have to see how @haie 's 6' lanky ass does down here this summer at the brew pubs. Maybe I'll lurk a bit to see if they come at him bro, before coming to the rescue.

I never got any shit from them in Bend. Then again my wife was like 7 months pregnant and these Ducks looked like dudes on a golfing trip most of the time. 99% of the people in Bend breweries looked like they didn't even know what the Pac 12 is.
    To your point, I think I probably rub elbows moar with the classy Ducktards than the trashy Willamette Valley 45 to 55 year olds wearing WR gloves that @JoeEDangerously describes. I almost choked out one of those camo hat wearing fucktards at Husky Stadium in the 2015 game. Fuck you Chris Petersen.

Most of the folks that live in or visit Downtown or West Bend are just there to have fun drinking faggy IPAs, golfing, skiing, Mt Biking, etc and are less prone to talk shit in general.
    I think IPA’s are overrated and I’d rather have something not as bitter and hoppy. It’s become the wine of beer drinkers where you have to be in this exclusive club. Too many of them are being made and it’s getting ridiculous. I’d rather drink my Banquets or Silver Bullets and call it good. Although, I should point out I had a six pack of Kona blondes doing the pod and washed it down with a six pack of Farmstrong Pilsners. I think maybe 2-3 Banquets after the show was over watching Husky games from 2022 with @WoolleyDoog
    I'm not an IPA guy primarily when is why I call them "faggy". I prefer your standard Pale Ales in the 25 - 40 IBUs range.

Manny's is 38 IBU's
    Sierra Nevada Green Cans are 38 IBU's
    Red Hook ESB is 28 IBU

From Oregon I love the Pfreim Pale which is 25 IBUs
    The Skamania Lodge + have your wife DD you around to Walking Man/Backwoods/Thunder Island/Pfreim overtook my annual Bend trip a few years ago. Especially with more shit for kids to do vs. Bend is more of the 20's-50's crowd stuff.
    Pfreim has become one of my favorite brewers rather easily. Never had their stuff though when I was a Seattle bro.

Still need to go visit them in person. Maybe this summer.
    Pfriem has become my favorite brewery full stop. Unfortunately, at $10 per 12-ounce bottle of their stuff that I really like, I'm going to have to sell my children into slavery.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

haie said:

I listened to the whole pod and while it was @Tequilla long; DR I got through and enjoyed it.

I thought the Cam Cleland remark was profound - i.e., Washington is key the Oregon mystique and narrative, but not the other way around. They will always be little brother until they win a Natty and I think their best opportunity was stymied by Cam. And I say this while clearly admitting they've been the better program by far over the past 20 years.

I reflect often on my relationship with the Ducktards since I moved down to Oree-gon to live amongst them. Funny enough, it's always been very cordial. I talk to A Lot of Duck alumns and Jack Ducks on the ski lifts, at the bars, watching little piss sportsball, and no one talks shit to me ever. The only exception to this of the past few years are the special needs, Safeway check-out guysm Jack Ducks, and then I just indulge them to brighten their days.

I don't know what it is...maybe my 6'6" 215 lb Army Ranger physique keeps them in line? We'll have to see how @haie 's 6' lanky ass does down here this summer at the brew pubs. Maybe I'll lurk a bit to see if they come at him bro, before coming to the rescue.

I never got any shit from them in Bend. Then again my wife was like 7 months pregnant and these Ducks looked like dudes on a golfing trip most of the time. 99% of the people in Bend breweries looked like they didn't even know what the Pac 12 is.
    I wore a UW polo into a Bend brewery once and the server said, “Vikings fan?”
    We have a lot of folks who work in hospitality here who aren't from the PNW.
    Not sure I could handle Bend. I have to spend a lot of time in Bellingham and the amount of puffy coaters perpetually dressed in shades of green and blue/Subaru driver white people who just don't seem fun and always look unhappy and scared wear me down. I know they all also act like Outdoors is a personality.
    Hey now, disagree. Outdoors is just where I can pee wherever I want.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,782
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

To your point, I think I probably rub elbows moar with the classy Ducktards than the trashy Willamette Valley 45 to 55 year olds wearing WR gloves that @JoeEDangerously describes. I almost choked out one of those camo hat wearing fucktards at Husky Stadium in the 2015 game. Fuck you Chris Petersen.

Most of the folks that live in or visit Downtown or West Bend are just there to have fun drinking faggy IPAs, golfing, skiing, Mt Biking, etc and are less prone to talk shit in general.
    I think IPA’s are overrated and I’d rather have something not as bitter and hoppy. It’s become the wine of beer drinkers where you have to be in this exclusive club. Too many of them are being made and it’s getting ridiculous. I’d rather drink my Banquets or Silver Bullets and call it good. Although, I should point out I had a six pack of Kona blondes doing the pod and washed it down with a six pack of Farmstrong Pilsners. I think maybe 2-3 Banquets after the show was over watching Husky games from 2022 with @WoolleyDoog
    I'm not an IPA guy primarily when is why I call them "faggy". I prefer your standard Pale Ales in the 25 - 40 IBUs range.

Manny's is 38 IBU's
    Red Hook ESB is 28 IBU

The Skamania Lodge + have your wife DD you around to Walking Man/Backwoods/Thunder Island/Pfreim overtook my annual Bend trip a few years ago. Especially with more shit for kids to do vs. Bend is more of the 20's-50's crowd stuff.
    Pfreim has become one of my favorite brewers rather easily. Never had their stuff though when I was a Seattle bro.

Still need to go visit them in person. Maybe this summer.
    Pfriem has become my favorite brewery full stop. Unfortunately, at $10 per 12-ounce bottle of their stuff that I really like, I'm going to have to sell my children into slavery.
    Plus the brewery itself is just way too popular and a pain in the ass to get into for lunch around August-September.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

FTFY

Bellingham is basically a mountain town because Mount Baker is so close and yeah I suspect most of the people who turned it into Seaworld for the people who made Seattle unfun and expensive are from out of state and Seattle by way of out of state.

I don’t think it’s as expensive as Bend yet but it’s pretty crazy given how terrible the weather is there and how isolated it is. Food and drinks and general living stuff was more expensive there than when I was in London and Dublin a few months ago.

Outdoor JAGs is a good term. I don’t really know what to call them since yuppies doesn’t really work.
    Bellingham has a legit mountain bike scene. Those guysm aren't JAGs. Lots of hipsters, though.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,970
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    That was definitely one of your top two or three pods.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,970
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

TheHB said:

FTFY

Bellingham has a legit mountain bike scene. Those guysm aren't JAGs. Lots of hipsters, though.
    My cousin and her husand have lived there five or six yrs and are into all that stuff. They'll take their Sprinter van to Utah or even Sedona over long weekends. Of course, she's gone fucking woke thanks to him. Nice guy, but Jesus. Okay, I'll leave the rest for the tug.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,594
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

That was definitely one of your top two or three pods.

Why thank you Billy
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,008
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

I hate Oregon 100x more than Oregon State and I think it will just take another win or two to bring out more Oregon hatred to UW. If nothing else than for the stupid dubs down bullshit. It's one reason why the soft dick losing in 2018 and 19 stung because UW easily could have taken the rivalry back and then some.

I still like the Beav. I actually really like the Coug and not just because I went to the school there. I'm willing to overlook the the terrible hatred. Though I would say part of that probably has to do with their lack of threat capabilities.

My hate for Oregon isn't much about them hating UW and more hating the Nike and undeserved outside of the prime Chip years media hype bullshit. I also think likely because of Phil and Nike they've pushed a bunch of the shit that has made college football less enjoyable and they take no flack for it. It's also never been about them winning. I never had a problem with USC under Pete Carroll and in general and they've also always been dirty. I have no beef with ASU and they've been better against UW this millennium than Oregon has.

I have no beef with ASU other than Todd Graham was an insufferable cunt.
    Toad Graham was even worse at UH. He fucking cratered that program. I hate him with intensity of a million Suns. And then some more.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,054
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

TheHB said:

FTFY

hand up here, I kind of fall into the “cali movin to pc” bucket.

traffic on powder days when Sundance is going on suck, but I digress.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,275
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

FTFY

Point being, I can’t think of one ski town that’s better now than it was 10 or 20 years earlier. They are all overrun.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,425
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

FTFY

Point being, I can’t think of one ski town that’s better now than it was 10 or 20 years earlier. They are all overrun.
    Crested Butte might qualify.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,710
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

Manny's is 38 IBU's
    Red Hook ESB is 28 IBU

As a former beer drinker and local yocal, I go to backwoods for the short shorts on the few non fat employees and the occasional BBQ platter after a golf round, not for their beer. I swear they load it with sugar because they have to please the masses of local blue moon (with a slice of orange) drinkers in their jacked up trucks.

I quit going to Walking Man years ago. Insufferable libtards (TITTT) and too high alcohol content for this old man. Plus the best thing they ever had there were these amazing clam strips with curry tarter sauce. They dropped those years ago and I've never forgiven them.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023
    chuck said:

haie said:

haie said:

Manny's is 38 IBU's
    Red Hook ESB is 28 IBU

As a former beer drinker and local yocal, I go to backwoods for the short shorts on the few non fat employees and the occasional BBQ platter after a golf round, not for their beer. I swear they load it with sugar because they have to please the masses of local blue moon (with a slice of orange) drinkers in their jacked up trucks.

I quit going to Walking Man years ago. Insufferable libtards (TITTT) and too high alcohol content for this old man. Plus the best thing they ever had there were these amazing clam strips with curry tarter sauce. They dropped those years ago and I've never forgiven them.
    If you just have a pilsner, pale ale, or some mild IPA I'm good.

The Portland/SW WA/Happy Valley places I go to do all the same shit. The trend of creamsicle buttslam fruity beers appears to be dying and they kill all that shit when the weather gets bad anyways.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

BUMP.

I don’t listen back to these because it’s blowhardy and self serving but I might actually listen to this one now. It’s was fun. Drank a lot and had to stay at the house of @WoolleyDoog . @haie was fun to shit talk with

If you go back and listen I think our predictions were mostly right except that Lanning is better than we thought he'd be and Lincoln Riley is quite a bit worse.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,710
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

haie said:

Manny's is 38 IBU's
    Red Hook ESB is 28 IBU

If you just have a pilsner, pale ale, or some mild IPA I'm good.

The Portland/SW WA/Happy Valley places I go to do all the same shit. The trend of creamsicle buttslam fruity beers appears to be dying and they kill all that shit when the weather gets bad anyways.
    Yeah that's mostly what I stick to. I actually used to drink the brown at Walking Man which was the lowest alcohol content. That or Pale Strider.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,375
    Founders Club

TheHB said:

FTFY

There are almost no locals left in Telluride.