Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: The Anti-Oregon Show

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2023

haie said:

haie said:

I'm very curious to know who the Oregon player with obvious learning disabilities is

What does his name rhyme with?

I forgot to talk about Nick Cody.

Only a guy who makes himself academically ineligible in a Oregon Swahili program would be dumb/quook enough to cry in front of Husky Stadium on Twitter in 2020.

UW forfeiting the 2020 game and then posting the graphic of winning the North an hour later was just incredible.
    And I forgot to remind everyone about racist homophobe Jared Sawyer. Hmmm… may need a part 2
    lol at 2+ hours Derek was like 'Holy shit this could go on for the entire night I need to cut the mic here'
    For me personally I prefer a pod of 60-75 minutes. 90% of our listeners will listen to the entire show at that length according to the stats. Plus, I'm not a fan of talking on the phone generally speaking.

But I try to gauge the show's energy level and when the conversation is beginning to lose a little steam. As we were approaching the 2 hour mark I was thinking this thing will go five hours if I don't pull plug.
    I’m going to make some sweeping generalizations here about the male gender that might be grossly unfair, and I’m sure this post will get downvoted into oblivion, but you all are fucking full of shit about this whole “I don’t like to talk on the phone” nonsense.

If it’s about a big business deal, sports, details about some chick you plowed last night, or someone you wanna bang, you’ll run your mouths off on the telephone as much as any woman.

(You have my full consent to turn this into a copypasta and/or intro at the start of the podcast - but only if I get the same AI voice actor as Pup.)

/rant

Back to the pod.

I don’t mind the longer episodes personally, even if they are approaching TSIO Cinco de Mayo Special (shout out to @CokeGreaterThanPepsi, @Dennis_DeYoung, and @Tequilla) in length.

Reason for that being is that you three are hitting your stride, clearly do some pre-recording prep work, and the guest you’ve had on have been very entertaining.

So keep working those phones microphones!
    String disagree. I called Stalin a couple weeks ago and at about the 3 minute mark of the call, I could sense we were both done with the call.
    Having had the rare honor of the Kremlin switchboard patching me through to Stalin, I know how he can be. Plus I know you guys sext regularly so why would you have a lengthy phone conversation?

But there, I’ve said too much. I think the KGB agents are banging on my door now.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,338
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I'm very curious to know who the Oregon player with obvious learning disabilities is

I just assumed it was all of them
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

haie said:

haie said:

Only a guy who makes himself academically ineligible in a Oregon Swahili program would be dumb/quook enough to cry in front of Husky Stadium on Twitter in 2020.

UW forfeiting the 2020 game and then posting the graphic of winning the North an hour later was just incredible.
    And I forgot to remind everyone about racist homophobe Jared Sawyer. Hmmm… may need a part 2
    lol at 2+ hours Derek was like 'Holy shit this could go on for the entire night I need to cut the mic here'
    For me personally I prefer a pod of 60-75 minutes. 90% of our listeners will listen to the entire show at that length according to the stats. Plus, I'm not a fan of talking on the phone generally speaking.

But I try to gauge the show's energy level and when the conversation is beginning to lose a little steam. As we were approaching the 2 hour mark I was thinking this thing will go five hours if I don't pull plug.
    I’m going to make some sweeping generalizations here about the male gender that might be grossly unfair, and I’m sure this post will get downvoted into oblivion, but you all are fucking full of shit about this whole “I don’t like to talk on the phone” nonsense.

If it’s about a big business deal, sports, details about some chick you plowed last night, or someone you wanna bang, you’ll run your mouths off on the telephone as much as any woman.

(You have my full consent to turn this into a copypasta and/or intro at the start of the podcast - but only if I get the same AI voice actor as Pup.)

/rant

Back to the pod.

I don’t mind the longer episodes personally, even if they are approaching TSIO Cinco de Mayo Special (shout out to @CokeGreaterThanPepsi, @Dennis_DeYoung, and @Tequilla) in length.

Reason for that being is that you three are hitting your stride, clearly do some pre-recording prep work, and the guest you’ve had on have been very entertaining.

String disagree. I called Stalin a couple weeks ago and at about the 3 minute mark of the call, I could sense we were both done with the call.
    Having had the rare honor of the Kremlin switchboard patching me through to Stalin, I know how he can be. Plus I know you guys sext regularly so why would you have a lengthy phone conversation?

But there, I’ve said too much. I think the KGB agents are banging on my door now.

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

haie said:

haie said:

/rant

Back to the pod.

I love that movie.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

haie said:

haie said:

/rant

Back to the pod.

I love that movie.
    It's so good. Probably my favorite subtitled film of all tim.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,706
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

I mean this is fair. I give any instant players for Oregon a pass but outside of that I don't know how a brain works that wants to go there.

I forgot to mention the perfect Oregon story was in the Bruce Feldman book about a year recruiting with Coach O and Ole Miss and Coach O talks about recruiting a guy named Kenny Rowe but stopping because he was creeped out by how sketchy he was. Spoiler alert: Rowe ended up at Oregon.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,406
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

/rant

Back to the pod.

I think it makes sense you would be OK with longer ones.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,208
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

haie said:

haie said:

Plow pod?🤷‍♂️
    You have found a topic I have NO material on at the current moment
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't think there's anything wrong with long pods. More entertainment is better and my Spotify has a pause button.

What was that bit about Chips ducks being required to eat a vegan diet to be able to run the hurry up???

Glad to hear you guys aren't fans of the gurgle. Not Nebraska classy and any of the users here with 25 years of law enforcement would be crippled by it
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Great pod. Needed moar
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited January 2023

whlinder said:

I mean this is fair. I give any instant players for Oregon a pass but outside of that I don't know how a brain works that wants to go there.

I forgot to mention the perfect Oregon story was in the Bruce Feldman book about a year recruiting with Coach O and Ole Miss and Coach O talks about recruiting a guy named Kenny Rowe but stopping because he was creeped out by how sketchy he was. Spoiler alert: Rowe ended up at Oregon.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited January 2023
    WoolleyDoog:

Perhaps players have chosen to play football at Oregon this century because they considered an 0-12 season; losing 12 in a row to Oregon; not having a retard at coach like Ty Willingham.

For all his problems, Nick Cody was 5-0 against the Huskies.

The name of the book was Meat Market.

https://brucefeldman.com/meat_market.htm

Orgeron believed Kenny Rowe was gang affiliated . . . If Rowe was good enough, that wouldn’t have been a problem for Orgeron. A player from Long Beach Poly wasn’t going to Ole Miss. After all, Orgeron recruited at USC forever . .

This is pretty funny mocking Oregon players academis with the string of bums and criminals that have played for UW, particularly during the Neuheisel years.

Start with the number of players that Neuheisel and the Seattle legal system refused to discipline/prosecute as long as they were productive for the football program.
    Jerramy Stevens, Kevin Ware et al

Oregon has done it’s share of shady shit as far as players too.

A podcast with Haie as a guest. Great!

Did anybody ask him when he’s going to pull a Hope Solo? Only question is whether Haie’s BAC will be higher than Solo’s when he stops “to take a nap” in a Walmart parking lot with his screaming twin boys in the back seat. Hope Solo’s BAC was .24. The betting odds favor Haie.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/01/new-footage-surfaces-from-hope-solos-dwi-arrest/
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,414
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2023
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,655
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

WoolleyDoog:

Perhaps players have chosen to play football at Oregon this century because they considered an 0-12 season; losing 12 in a row to Oregon; not having a retard at coach like Ty Willingham.

For all his problems, Nick Cody was 5-0 against the Huskies.

The name of the book was Meat Market.

https://brucefeldman.com/meat_market.htm

Orgeron believed Kenny Rowe was gang affiliated . . . If Rowe was good enough, that wouldn’t have been a problem for Orgeron. A player from Long Beach Poly wasn’t going to Ole Miss. After all, Orgeron recruited at USC forever . .

This is pretty funny mocking Oregon players academis with the string of bums and criminals that have played for UW, particularly during the Neuheisel years.

Start with the number of players that Neuheisel and the Seattle legal system refused to discipline/prosecute as long as they were productive for the football program.
    Jerramy Stevens, Kevin Ware et al

Oregon has done it’s share of shady shit as far as players too.

A podcast with Haie as a guest. Great!

Did anybody ask him when he’s going to pull a Hope Solo? Only question is whether Haie’s BAC will be higher than Solo’s when he stops “to take a nap” in a Walmart parking lot with his screaming twin boys in the back seat. Hope Solo’s BAC was .24. The betting odds favor Haie.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/01/new-footage-surfaces-from-hope-solos-dwi-arrest/

Fucking LOL