Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: The Anti-Oregon Show

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,414
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Haie was awesome in this pod. He deserves an A+ for basically using 2 words, "Fukken" and "Limpdick" in 98% of everything he said. Sometimes in the same sentence. Don't get me wrong, it was refreshing.

Also, conversation around stating that how demanding that some team is your new rival... I remember stumbling into Husky Stadium in the 80's or early 90's sometime for an Oregon game, and was amazed at some of the shit talk going on from the Oregon aholes, era Donald Duck hats. I'm thinking, WTF are you yelling about, we don't care about you losers. Sadly, in a few years they would be the visionaries of the Oregon program.

Haie is a modern day Gary Cooper
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,414
    Founders Club

Whole lotta Beav bashing in this pod. This is really unfortunate because the enemy of your enemy is your friend, as they say.

Haie hates Beav more than Duck, confirmed. Next time you want to do an Oregon-hate themed podcast, you should invite someone on that actually hates Oregon.

No one in the state of Oregon really acknowledges or pays attention to the Platypus Cup. And while no Platta pie live in the state, a platypus is a combination of a beaver and a duck. It’s unique, it’s one of a kind and I wish that everyone embraced it. The trophy is absolutely hideous, kind of like a UO uniform.

Everyone still refers to the rivalry game as the Civil War anyway and my guess is it will go back to being the official name eventually.

There was a whole bunch of coping about past losses to Oregon and bowl seeds and blamed on bad luck or Oregon’s good luck. Just reeks of little bro.

Absolutely no one listening to this pod can tell the difference between Joey and Woolley doog. I think they’re the same person actually.

And which one of your first names is Bruce?

Be better.

Thanks for listening.

Sounds like we struck a nerve.

I don't remember the context but someone called someone Bruce and I was like "huh?" None of us is named Bruce.

But I know you laughed when I did my impression of Joey's impression of Beaver fans.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,208
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I thought I’ve made it clear multiple times, I don’t generally have a problem with beaver fans. The worst fan we sat by happen to be a Beaver fan, but other than that I’ve never had too many problems although they do hate the Huskies with a passion is what I’ve repeatedly said.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,072
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck the beavers

Fuck off, glove

The end
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,406
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BTW, I’m one of those who likes a good ol’ faggy IPA. That said, as I’ve gotten older, I can’t put ‘em down like I used to (insert gaybob reference here), so I do appreciate a frosty light beer on occasion.

Point?

No point. Except to add that generally speaking, I’ve always looked at the Beavers as the retarded stepchild. So there is a modicum of sympathy in my disdain, which makes (not THE) OSU less hated by a long shot when compared to duck and cuog.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,655
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Whole lotta Beav bashing in this pod. This is really unfortunate because the enemy of your enemy is your friend, as they say.

Haie hates Beav more than Duck, confirmed. Next time you want to do an Oregon-hate themed podcast, you should invite someone on that actually hates Oregon.

No one in the state of Oregon really acknowledges or pays attention to the Platypus Cup. And while no Platta pie live in the state, a platypus is a combination of a beaver and a duck. It’s unique, it’s one of a kind and I wish that everyone embraced it. The trophy is absolutely hideous, kind of like a UO uniform.

Everyone still refers to the rivalry game as the Civil War anyway and my guess is it will go back to being the official name eventually.

There was a whole bunch of coping about past losses to Oregon and bowl seeds and blamed on bad luck or Oregon’s good luck. Just reeks of little bro.

Absolutely no one listening to this pod can tell the difference between Joey and Woolley doog. I think they’re the same person actually.

Be better.

Thanks for listening.

The Platypus cup thing is just your typical "Keep Portland Weird" bullshit that is just retarded and only meant to appease retards.

The only little bro is Chris Petersen. As soon as Washington got a coach that actually, you know, wants to coach power 5 football, they won.

I can assure you I hate Oregon more than Beavlet. I just thought beavlet was funny last year. A lot of Gary Andersen pent up rage.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,994
    Heater Allen is the best thing to come out of Oregon, possibly ever.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    haie said:

Be better.

Thanks for listening.

The Platypus cup thing is just your typical "Keep Portland Weird" bullshit that is just retarded and only meant to appease retards.

If we’re bashing retarded platypus lovers, I’m out

A lot of Gary Andersen pent up rage.

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023
    I hate Oregon 100x more than Oregon State and I think it will just take another win or two to bring out more Oregon hatred to UW. If nothing else than for the stupid dubs down bullshit. It's one reason why the soft dick losing in 2018 and 19 stung because UW easily could have taken the rivalry back and then some.

I still like the Beav. I actually really like the Coug and not just because I went to the school there. I'm willing to overlook the the terrible hatred. Though I would say part of that probably has to do with their lack of threat capabilities.

My hate for Oregon isn't much about them hating UW and more hating the Nike and undeserved outside of the prime Chip years media hype bullshit. I also think likely because of Phil and Nike they've pushed a bunch of the shit that has made college football less enjoyable and they take no flack for it. It's also never been about them winning. I never had a problem with USC under Pete Carroll and in general and they've also always been dirty. I have no beef with ASU and they've been better against UW this millennium than Oregon has.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,655
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hate Oregon 100x more than Oregon State and I think it will just take another win or two to bring out more Oregon hatred to UW. If nothing else than for the stupid dubs down bullshit. It's one reason why the soft dick losing in 2018 and 19 stung because UW easily could have taken the rivalry back and then some.

I still like the Beav. I actually really like the Coug and not just because I went to the school there. I'm willing to overlook the the terrible hatred. Though I would say part of that probably has to do with their lack of threat capabilities.

My hate for Oregon isn't much about them hating UW and more hating the Nike and undeserved outside of the prime Chip years media hype bullshit. I also think likely because of Phil and Nike they've pushed a bunch of the shit that has made college football less enjoyable and they take no flack for it. It's also never been about them winning. I never had a problem with USC under Pete Carroll and in general and they've also always been dirty. I have no beef with ASU and they've been better against UW this millennium than Oregon has.

I have no beef with ASU other than Todd Graham was an insufferable cunt.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

haie said:

I listened to the whole pod and while it was @Tequilla long; DR I got through and enjoyed it.

I thought the Cam Cleland remark was profound - i.e., Washington is key the Oregon mystique and narrative, but not the other way around. They will always be little brother until they win a Natty and I think their best opportunity was stymied by Cam. And I say this while clearly admitting they've been the better program by far over the past 20 years.

I reflect often on my relationship with the Ducktards since I moved down to Oree-gon to live amongst them. Funny enough, it's always been very cordial. I talk to A Lot of Duck alumns and Jack Ducks on the ski lifts, at the bars, watching little piss sportsball, and no one talks shit to me ever. The only exception to this of the past few years are the special needs, Safeway check-out guysm Jack Ducks, and then I just indulge them to brighten their days.

I don't know what it is...maybe my 6'6" 215 lb Army Ranger physique keeps them in line? We'll have to see how @haie 's 6' lanky ass does down here this summer at the brew pubs. Maybe I'll lurk a bit to see if they come at him bro, before coming to the rescue.

I never got any shit from them in Bend. Then again my wife was like 7 months pregnant and these Ducks looked like dudes on a golfing trip most of the time. 99% of the people in Bend breweries looked like they didn't even know what the Pac 12 is.
    I wore a UW polo into a Bend brewery once and the server said, “Vikings fan?”
    We have a lot of folks who work in hospitality here who aren't from the PNW.
    Not sure I could handle Bend. I have to spend a lot of time in Bellingham and the amount of puffy coaters perpetually dressed in shades of green and blue/Subaru driver white people who just don't seem fun and always look unhappy and scared wear me down. I know they all also act like Outdoors is a personality.
    It's not for everyone.

I suspect West Bend is quite a bit more upscale than Bellingham (the R.E. prices are stupid crazy) so might be a bit of different crowd.

But in the town overall there's are plenty of the "Outdoors is a personality" types. Let's call them "Outdoor JAGS" if you will @WoolleyDoog .

At the end of the day, it's a small price to pay for the amenities.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,406
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bend was a lot cooler about 10 years ago.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    TheHB said:

Bend was a lot cooler b4 @YellowSnow