Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: The Anti-Oregon Show

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Christ @haie … other than there being lots of transplants and Ducktards there’s no Bend vibe in Eugene. Eugene is a fucking dump whereas White Wakanda is a magical happy land of recreational opportunities.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,655
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Christ @haie … other than there being lots of transplants and Ducktards there’s no Bend vibe in Eugene. Eugene is a fucking dump whereas White Wakanda is a magical happy land of recreational opportunities.

You might be right about that. I wasn't at the tailgates or the area's Joey was at, I don't think.

The ducks I was with know how I am with them and snuck me into breweries and in and out of that city like I was in Witness Protection.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,142
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Finally made it through the pood and got to my Make The HUSKIES Great Again FREE PUB!!!!1!1!

I was thinking about doing another run of hats for the OSN run.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,208
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Finally made it through the pood and got to my Make The HUSKIES Great Again FREE PUB!!!!1!1!

Hey man the only way things change in society is messages on hats or helmets. Someone had to do it!
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,142
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Hey man the only way things change in society is messages on hats or helmets. Someone had to do it!
    If we cannot monetize change I AM OUT!!!
  • Options
    MaceothecatMaceothecat Member Posts: 48
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

haie said:

haie said:

I'm very curious to know who the Oregon player with obvious learning disabilities is

What does his name rhyme with?

I forgot to talk about Nick Cody.

Only a guy who makes himself academically ineligible in a Oregon Swahili program would be dumb/quook enough to cry in front of Husky Stadium on Twitter in 2020.

UW forfeiting the 2020 game and then posting the graphic of winning the North an hour later was just incredible.
    And I forgot to remind everyone about racist homophobe Jared Sawyer. Hmmm… may need a part 2
    lol at 2+ hours Derek was like 'Holy shit this could go on for the entire night I need to cut the mic here'
    For me personally I prefer a pod of 60-75 minutes. 90% of our listeners will listen to the entire show at that length according to the stats. Plus, I'm not a fan of talking on the phone generally speaking.

But I try to gauge the show's energy level and when the conversation is beginning to lose a little steam. As we were approaching the 2 hour mark I was thinking this thing will go five hours if I don't pull plug.
    If it’s about a big business deal, sports, details about some chick you plowed last night, or someone you wanna bang, you’ll run your mouths off on the telephone as much as any woman.
    Plow pod?🤷‍♂️
    You have found a topic I have NO material on at the current moment
    9' plow pod
    https://www.amazon.com/Whiskers-Pro-Plow-Pod-9ft/dp/B016QPKZYI
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I listened to the whole pod and while it was @Tequilla long; DR I got through and enjoyed it.

I thought the Cam Cleland remark was profound - i.e., Washington is key the Oregon mystique and narrative, but not the other way around. They will always be little brother until they win a Natty and I think their best opportunity was stymied by Cam. And I say this while clearly admitting they've been the better program by far over the past 20 years.

I reflect often on my relationship with the Ducktards since I moved down to Oree-gon to live amongst them. Funny enough, it's always been very cordial. I talk to A Lot of Duck alumns and Jack Ducks on the ski lifts, at the bars, watching little piss sportsball, and no one talks shit to me ever. The only exception to this of the past few years are the special needs, Safeway check-out guysm Jack Ducks, and then I just indulge them to brighten their days.

I don't know what it is...maybe my 6'6" 215 lb Army Ranger physique keeps them in line? We'll have to see how @haie 's 6' lanky ass does down here this summer at the brew pubs. Maybe I'll lurk a bit to see if they come at him bro, before coming to the rescue.

I never got any shit from them in Bend. Then again my wife was like 7 months pregnant and these Ducks looked like dudes on a golfing trip most of the time. 99% of the people in Bend breweries looked like they didn't even know what the Pac 12 is.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

haie said:

I listened to the whole pod and while it was @Tequilla long; DR I got through and enjoyed it.

I thought the Cam Cleland remark was profound - i.e., Washington is key the Oregon mystique and narrative, but not the other way around. They will always be little brother until they win a Natty and I think their best opportunity was stymied by Cam. And I say this while clearly admitting they've been the better program by far over the past 20 years.

I reflect often on my relationship with the Ducktards since I moved down to Oree-gon to live amongst them. Funny enough, it's always been very cordial. I talk to A Lot of Duck alumns and Jack Ducks on the ski lifts, at the bars, watching little piss sportsball, and no one talks shit to me ever. The only exception to this of the past few years are the special needs, Safeway check-out guysm Jack Ducks, and then I just indulge them to brighten their days.

I don't know what it is...maybe my 6'6" 215 lb Army Ranger physique keeps them in line? We'll have to see how @haie 's 6' lanky ass does down here this summer at the brew pubs. Maybe I'll lurk a bit to see if they come at him bro, before coming to the rescue.

I never got any shit from them in Bend. Then again my wife was like 7 months pregnant and these Ducks looked like dudes on a golfing trip most of the time. 99% of the people in Bend breweries looked like they didn't even know what the Pac 12 is.
    I wore a UW polo into a Bend brewery once and the server said, “Vikings fan?”
    We have a lot of folks who work in hospitality here who aren't from the PNW.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,208
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

haie said:

To your point, I think I probably rub elbows moar with the classy Ducktards than the trashy Willamette Valley 45 to 55 year olds wearing WR gloves that @JoeEDangerously describes. I almost choked out one of those camo hat wearing fucktards at Husky Stadium in the 2015 game. Fuck you Chris Petersen.

Most of the folks that live in or visit Downtown or West Bend are just there to have fun drinking faggy IPAs, golfing, skiing, Mt Biking, etc and are less prone to talk shit in general.
    I think IPA’s are overrated and I’d rather have something not as bitter and hoppy. It’s become the wine of beer drinkers where you have to be in this exclusive club. Too many of them are being made and it’s getting ridiculous. I’d rather drink my Banquets or Silver Bullets and call it good. Although, I should point out I had a six pack of Kona blondes doing the pod and washed it down with a six pack of Farmstrong Pilsners. I think maybe 2-3 Banquets after the show was over watching Husky games from 2022 with @WoolleyDoog
    I'm not an IPA guy primarily when is why I call them "faggy". I prefer your standard Pale Ales in the 25 - 40 IBUs range.

Manny's is 38 IBU's
    Sierra Nevada Green Cans are 38 IBU's
    Red Hook ESB is 28 IBU

From Oregon I love the Pfreim Pale which is 25 IBUs
    Besides the ESB and Big Ballard Red Hook has disappeared. I remember when every store had 5-6 different RH flavors. Sad.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

To your point, I think I probably rub elbows moar with the classy Ducktards than the trashy Willamette Valley 45 to 55 year olds wearing WR gloves that @JoeEDangerously describes. I almost choked out one of those camo hat wearing fucktards at Husky Stadium in the 2015 game. Fuck you Chris Petersen.

Most of the folks that live in or visit Downtown or West Bend are just there to have fun drinking faggy IPAs, golfing, skiing, Mt Biking, etc and are less prone to talk shit in general.
    I think IPA’s are overrated and I’d rather have something not as bitter and hoppy. It’s become the wine of beer drinkers where you have to be in this exclusive club. Too many of them are being made and it’s getting ridiculous. I’d rather drink my Banquets or Silver Bullets and call it good. Although, I should point out I had a six pack of Kona blondes doing the pod and washed it down with a six pack of Farmstrong Pilsners. I think maybe 2-3 Banquets after the show was over watching Husky games from 2022 with @WoolleyDoog
    I'm not an IPA guy primarily when is why I call them "faggy". I prefer your standard Pale Ales in the 25 - 40 IBUs range.

Manny's is 38 IBU's
    Red Hook ESB is 28 IBU

Besides the ESB and Big Ballard Red Hook has disappeared. I remember when every store had 5-6 different RH flavors. Sad.
    ESB dominated the taps of Seattle in the 90s. They still had the original tasting room in Fremont which was cool and the Woodinville location was always fun. But the brand seems dead as the dodo now. Manny's feels like ubiquitous pale ale on tap in Seattle these days. Which is fine as it's a great fucking beer. I just wish you could get it in cans.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023

haie said:

Manny's is 38 IBU's
    Red Hook ESB is 28 IBU

The Skamania Lodge + have your wife DD you around to Walking Man/Backwoods/Thunder Island/Pfreim overtook my annual Bend trip a few years ago. Especially with more shit for kids to do vs. Bend is more of the 20's-50's crowd stuff.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Went to 4 places in my area, including getting a smoothie sour (because I'm a massive homosexual), and then the final place I got a tall boy of rainier to go and the bartender lectured me that they aren't really allowed to be doing that or that he's not running a gas station or some shit but sold it to me anyways. Uber'd home to find my cigars arrived on time and then I had a 4 pack of some Matchless tall boys I was saving.