Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Alright fellas! Here ya go!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I recently flew back from Asia and got stuck with the middle seat in the middle section of a 9 seat layout (two aisles) after changing my flight dates last minute.

Originally I was dreading that seat for a 10 hour overnight flight, but it had its perks.

1. You can get served from the food/drink carts from either aisle, thus getting twice the chance of good service.

2. You can take turns annoying the people on either side of you to get up to use the can.

3. When it's time to unload you can choose which aisle to take, just in case somebody as fat as fetters is plodding slowly in one.

Huh?
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

(I'm thinking 2024)

Are really going to do it??? I’m so excited for you! You’ll have a marvelous time. It’s an amazing country.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,244
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

(I'm thinking 2024)

Are really going to do it??? I’m so excited for you! You’ll have a marvelous time. It’s an amazing country.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2023
    whlinder said:

Window 100 times out of 100.

I am a geography and plane geek. I want to look out.

Used to be myself. On our way back from a trip back east, we went cheap and chose one of those "go the wrong direction before going in the right direction" flights. So landed in Hotlanta. Sun was shining on the side of the plane I was on. It was hot. Like an oven. I thought it was the sun. It wasn't. It was the plane. Dude in front of me on an old piece of shit 737 reclined all the way back as far as possible so I could draw a picture on his head. 6 hours of that. Sweating, irritable, baking like a potato the entire way and this fucker fell asleep in my lap the second he hit the seat and didn't move until we landed.

THAT experience turned me into an aisle guy. I'll never do a window ever, ever, ever again. I almost violated FAA rules on that flight.
  • Options
    KidsInCagesDawgKidsInCagesDawg Member Posts: 332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

TheHB said:

Short flight, window. Long flight, aisle.

No good stories really, except the time I was flying with my wife and we booked the aisle and windows seats thinking we’d either get an empty seat between us or could trade with the middle seat person if necessary. (This was in the days of flights not being packed to the gills with riff raff).

Middle seat person showed up and wouldn’t trade. “I like having both armrests, and it will do you two good to have some distance between you for the next couple hours.” Not saying she was wrong, but you can be right and still be a dick.

Serial killer behavior
    I think there’s probably 3-5 serial killers hanging out here
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Lot of fat phobic haters in this thread!

Obese, please
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Obese, please
    Metabolically divergent, you bigot.
    Thank you for being an ally.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

Window 100 times out of 100.

I am a geography and plane geek. I want to look out.

Used to be myself. On our way back from a trip back east, we went cheap and chose one of those "go the wrong direction before going in the right direction" flights. So landed in Hotlanta. Sun was shining on the side of the plane I was on. It was hot. Like an oven. I thought it was the sun. It wasn't. It was the plane. Dude in front of me on an old piece of shit 737 reclined all the way back as far as possible so I could draw a picture on his head. 6 hours of that. Sweating, irritable, baking like a potato the entire way and this fucker fell asleep in my lap the second he hit the seat and didn't move until we landed.

THAT experience turned me into an aisle guy. I'll never do a window ever, ever, ever again. I almost violated FAA rules on that flight.
    How long ago was that? The amount of recline allowed continues to decrease, which is fine with me. Though I haven't had to deal with that in a while since I usually end up in an exit row/leg room coach/business class where it doesn't matter.

Why I like to look out the window, CSB time:
    Flying back from Qatar in May through Istanbul was an overnight flight from Doha to IST connecting to my flight to DC. (I love this flight since it functions as a west bound redeye where I can sleep for 8 hours, land at noon in DC and be back on east coast time)

I snooze a little on the DOH-IST flight and wake up as the sun starts to rise. I look out the window and see... mountains. And in the distance can't quite tell if it's the Mediterranean or haze. I pull up flight aware to see where I am, which is right around the Syria-Turkey border. Just beautiful looking out.

And that seems to be right about where the earthquake hit.
    A little over a year ago.
  • Options
    KidsInCagesDawgKidsInCagesDawg Member Posts: 332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

Obese, please
    Metabolically divergent, you bigot.
    What about obese-adjacent