Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Alright fellas! Here ya go!

Comments

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,202

Window seat or aisle seat?

(add any good stories you might have)

Go!!

Always aisle.

My wife and I got married because we had no destinations left in N. America and I could not travel (free) to Asia as a travel buddy.

Honeymoon flight to Hong Kong with my wife. Sitting in first because she is an employee but there were no seats together.

My row mate offered to trade places with her so we could sit together.

I begged him not to do that as we really don't travel well together.

Celebrating our 28th anniversary next month.

First and right, again.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,376
    Yeah, I won't fly at all, just won't.
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,758
    LebamDawg said:

I won't fly anymore but the worst flight ever was next to a guy that had never flown before. I was on my way to a funeral and I do not eat the airplane food. So this goon talks the entire flight or tried to, I put a pillow on my head to block him, was not using it for comfort at all, just a barrier. Food came, I ate a cracker, he bugged me about how good the food was. Slowly he consumed my tray by "Hey, are you going to eat that?" one item at a time.

I ordered a glass of wine turned my back on him and kind of dozed off. When I reach for my glass, he says "oh thought you were asleep, gave it to the stewardess".

Twas a while ago when they were still called stewardesses and wore short skirts. Always wondered if it was pantyhose or garters and stockings...

Face too Slavic
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,391 Swaye's Wigwam
    Aisle mostly for the leg room. I also tend to lean into the butt / crotch passes so I book the aisle next to the bathroom where it is guaranteed to happen more often.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    I like the push up the middle
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,202
    Fishpo31 said:

I usually get window because the wife wants easy access to the head.

Speaking of Stewardesses, I was returning from the east coast after a trip to celebrate graduating from kollej, and had a layover in Dallas. The world's fair was in New Orleans, and as I boarded the plane (DC10 as I recall), there was no one around me for about 10 rows. They then boarded a LARGE group of people and children, none of whom spoke English (think they were Cambodian). I motion to the Stew to ask about a new seat...full plane. I had only a "bank card", no credit, no cash (at the time, I think they were still cash only). She said "Don't worry, I will take care of you"...about 10-15 gin and tonics later, I arrived in Seattle. All I had to do was make eye contact, and she was comin' with the G&T.

In the mid 80s Mid Pacific airline tried to promote a first class (prop) experience. They gave a six inch sub and a beverage and called it a meal. Got to know the fight attendants and usually was able to down 3-4 beers on a one hour flight. Think they only lasted a year or two.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,376
    EwaDawg said:

Fishpo31 said:

I usually get window because the wife wants easy access to the head.

Speaking of Stewardesses, I was returning from the east coast after a trip to celebrate graduating from kollej, and had a layover in Dallas. The world's fair was in New Orleans, and as I boarded the plane (DC10 as I recall), there was no one around me for about 10 rows. They then boarded a LARGE group of people and children, none of whom spoke English (think they were Cambodian). I motion to the Stew to ask about a new seat...full plane. I had only a "bank card", no credit, no cash (at the time, I think they were still cash only). She said "Don't worry, I will take care of you"...about 10-15 gin and tonics later, I arrived in Seattle. All I had to do was make eye contact, and she was comin' with the G&T.

In the mid 80s Mid Pacific airline tried to promote a first class (prop) experience. They gave a six inch sub and a beverage and called it a meal. Got to know the fight attendants and usually was able to down 3-4 beers on a one hour flight. Think they only lasted a year or two.
    You had me at 6"