Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Player dying the field in Cincinnati

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,037
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

pawz said:

Dude61 said:
    Don't bring medical studies and peer reviewed papers into this. The libs don't deal in facts, only emotions.
    Is it peer reviewed? It's listed as "letter to editor".

Letter uses absolute values instead of rates. How many athletes were in sports in 1966-2004 versus 2020-2022?

What was the source of statistics for those years? Are they comparable in how they were taken? How reliable are those statistics? Where is the data for 2005-2019?

What types of sports had the highest rate of cardiac injury? What about race?
    Great questions. Were any asked of the CV jab trials?

No need to answer.

The fact that Pfizer asked a federal judge to withhold answers for 75 years says it all.

In this case, the author Dr Peter McCullough, is the top cardiologist in the country. With over 600 peer-reviewed, published papers on his resume he is head and shoulders above the field. I think it's fair to say he's earned a bit of discretion if those questions aren't perfectly addressed (but likely are given his track record).

I really hope this helps.

Like looking into election fraud, some people don't want to ask and don't want to know. Statistical anomalies can be just that. They can also direct an intellectually curious person into further investigation. When the first party strongly resists that investigation, that is further evidence that there should be an investigation - a real investigation.
    Agreed. Good thing there was one of those, though I get that “a real investigation” means “provide me the confirmation bias I need.”
    Point to me a real investigation. I'll wait. 2000 Mules was already taken so you will need an alternative. Don't hurt yourself.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

I’ve never understood why vax believers become so defensive when confronted with the fact that many of the things their overlords told them about COVID and what needed to be done in the name of science turned out to be BS.

Denial?
    Embarrassment?
    Stupidity?
    Herd mentality?
    Pride?
    Virtue?
    Blissful ignorance?

All of the above.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Seem like words to live by if you were an intellectually curious person who wanted honest answers. That leaves out every dem and dem voter. When your life goal is to have people sh*t in your mouth, then you are all set.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,479
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    pawz said:

Dude61 said:
    Don't bring medical studies and peer reviewed papers into this. The libs don't deal in facts, only emotions.

Letter uses absolute values instead of rates. How many athletes were in sports in 1966-2004 versus 2020-2022?

What was the source of statistics for those years? Are they comparable in how they were taken? How reliable are those statistics? Where is the data for 2005-2019?

No need to answer.

The fact that Pfizer asked a federal judge to withhold answers for 75 years says it all.

In this case, the author Dr Peter McCullough is the top cardiologist in the country. With over 600 peer-reviewed, published papers on his resume he is head and shoulders above the field. I think it's fair to say he's earned a bit of discretion if those questions aren't perfectly addressed (but likely are given his track record).

They should've been asked and accounted for in the trials. And if people have questions or concerns, then they need to be addressed.

I don't like that Pfizer wants to withhold answers either, but it's how pharma operates and it leads to distrust of medicine in the population.

I don't care if McCullough is the top cardiologist in the country, these are basic questions in epidemiology and biostatistics. How do you do a cohort analysis when the two source populations are different?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2023

I'm trying to figure out how donating to this dude's toy drive somehow helps his condition.

Remember when Cheney said the most patriotic thing we could do after 9/11 was buy stock?

Similar "just do something" need being filled here, but far more benevolent.

I'm good with it. And when he wakes up - fingers crossed - it'll make him happy, I'm sure.

Nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    LawDawg1 said:

As stated in another post.... how does the argument ignore the fact COVID19 has shown to also increase heart inflammation and myocarditis? Unless you can establish that an athlete (1) had the Vaxx and (2) never had COVID19, these studies or data points are meaningless. Was it the vaxx? Was it prior exposure to COVID? Was it something else? I hate the pro and anti-vaxxers.... but these arguments lack logic.

Been following this stuff closely since 2020. Recent studies are showing Covid-related Myocarditis is much rarer than previously thought and presented in the media.

Not conclusive, but trending away from Covid19 as a major cause of Myocarditis in young people.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,107
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Dude61 said:

No need to answer.

In this case, the author Dr Peter McCullough is the top cardiologist in the country. With over 600 peer-reviewed, published papers on his resume he is head and shoulders above the field. I think it's fair to say he's earned a bit of discretion if those questions aren't perfectly addressed (but likely are given his track record).

They should've been asked and accounted for in the trials. And if people have questions or concerns, then they need to be addressed.

I don't like that Pfizer wants to withhold answers either, but it's how pharma operates and it leads to distrust of medicine in the population.

I don't care if McCullough is the top cardiologist in the country, these are basic questions in epidemiology and biostatistics. How do you do a cohort analysis when the two source populations are different?
    In theory, wouldn't a cardiologist be a better source of understanding and identifying side effects that effect the heart than an epidemiologist?
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

From your King County overlords. Regardless if this is vaccine related or not, pushing it on young people was fucking stupid. In theory, unlimited risk with no reward.

About 2 years ago, as I recall, I posted the spreadsheets showing King County cases and deaths. When I realized only 3 people in my Zip Code had died of Covid during a 9 month period, and 2 were in their 80s, I began to question the panic, the masks, the fear, and the absurdity of the county's Covid response.

It didn't make sense then, and it doesn't make sense now.

Was a 1% death rate - if you caught the Vid (.03 overall) ever worth what our government put us through? And how effective was our collective response?

• Options
    Standard Supporter

LawDawg1 said:

As stated in another post.... how does the argument ignore the fact COVID19 has shown to also increase heart inflammation and myocarditis? Unless you can establish that an athlete (1) had the Vaxx and (2) never had COVID19, these studies or data points are meaningless. Was it the vaxx? Was it prior exposure to COVID? Was it something else? I hate the pro and anti-vaxxers.... but these arguments lack logic.

Been following this stuff closely since 2020. Recent studies are showing Covid-related Myocarditis is much rarer than previously thought and presented in the media.

Not conclusive, but trending away from Covid19 as a major cause of Myocarditis in young people.
    The chicom crud or the mRNA vaxxes? Seems pretty clear that the vaxxes are a much higher risk to young people than the Wuhan flu.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,479
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bob_C said:

pawz said:

Dude61 said:

No need to answer.

In theory, wouldn't a cardiologist be a better source of understanding and identifying side effects that effect the heart than an epidemiologist?
    Essentially, this is a database review which is a common form of surveillance to try to identify correlation between exposure and outcome. It doesn't appear to be more than identifying a statistic that an event happened (cardiac arrest) in an athlete (source population) given the vaccine (exposure). There would need to be control for confounding variables (race, age, gender, what sport they played, how long they played, etc.) to isolate how strong the outcome is correlated to the exposure. If the paper were more about reviewing the cases and determining whether a case was legitimately cardiac arrest or some other major cardiac event, then the cardiologist would be a much better fit.

To me, one suggestion I have with the data he presented is that the demographics in the US changed such that there's going to be more background cases of cardiac arrest. It seems to occur more often in blacks and in soccer than say whites and baseball, and I'd wager that the percentage of blacks and soccer has grown since the 1960s to the 2020s. That said, there could be excess cardiac events because of the virus or the vaccine, but it's uncertain with how the data was presented in that letter.
  • Options

LawDawg1 said:

The chicom crud or the mRNA vaxxes? Seems pretty clear that the vaxxes are a much higher risk to young people than the Wuhan flu.
    It's starting to look that way, for sure, as the spike in SADS deaths continues.

The issue for me at this point, and many doctors who care, is to stop the arguing over the cause, and transition to accepting that it's a real and big problem and start screening and treating for myocarditis in young people under 40 who got vaccinated.

Fuck people! Even the WHO acknowledges the Vax is causing Myocarditis. Major, major flip-flop on the issue, proving they can't deny it any more.

What more do you need?
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Bob_C said:

From your King County overlords. Regardless if this is vaccine related or not, pushing it on young people was fucking stupid. In theory, unlimited risk with no reward.

About 2 years ago, as I recall, I posted the spreadsheets showing King County cases and deaths. When I realized only 3 people in my Zip Code had died of Covid during a 9 month period, and 2 were in their 80s, I began to question the panic, the masks, the fear, and the absurdity of the county's Covid response.

It didn't make sense then, and it doesn't make sense now.

Was a 1% death rate - if you caught the Vid (.03 overall) ever worth what our government put us through? And how effective was our collective response?

Wait, you look at these numbers and come to the conclusion that it wasn't a "death sentence" but just the flu? Q for sure.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,309
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

I’ve never understood why vax believers become so defensive when confronted with the fact that many of the things their overlords told them about COVID and what needed to be done in the name of science turned out to be BS.

Denial?
    Embarrassment?
    Stupidity?
    Herd mentality?I
    Pride?
    Virtue?
    Blissful ignorance?

All of the above.

For almost 2 years every normal death was a Covid death. Colds and the flu can trigger what?
    Hail Lord Fauci! How many people got angry with you for questioning the severity of the virus, the effectiveness or need for the vaccine or the crushing blow the lockdowns forced uopn the economy? How many of these same people believe the BS coming out of Brandon's mouth today about reducing the deficit after raising it to levels causing record inflation? Now, if death is questioned, all death is back to normal and has nothing to do with vaccines. These people have to believe because government is their god and salvation.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Confirmation Bias. Or Not.

Fuck off.

Get well—LIVE—Demar!

May surprise many I am a man of faith. A flawed fucker, no doubt. But praying for Brother Demar and his family. Get well, young man
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,309
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Here was an interesting discussion between 2 doctors on the subject of Comotio Cordis and how the hockey player who suffered something similar was mis-diagnosed.
  • Options
    RoadTrip said:

Here was an interesting discussion between 2 doctors on the subject of Comotio Cordis and how the hockey player who suffered something similar was mis-diagnosed.

Saw this earlier. Also reports of Hamlin coding a second time en route to the ER or at the ER. Hard to find mention of it anywhere in the MSM. Probably because it would demolish the Comotio Cardis theory and put it back in the lap of vaccine caused Myocarditis.

Unless they find another cause, such as Martian particle lasers.

Literally anything BUT the vaccines.