Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coach Prime

Comments

• Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,250
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fishpo31 said:

I think that he's going to have a pretty short shelf life. Times they are a changing, but it's not the Buff players fault they were shitty, anymore than it was our players fault they were shitty collectively under Lake. It's shitty leadership, AD, coaches, all down the line.

So he wheelbarrows his big HOF dick into town and tells everybody to GTFO, and his kid is the QB...what could go wrong?

That is not how leaders treat people, even if the house needs to be cleaned. He's betting on "his" FCS guys coming with him, and poaching a bunch of guys who are quitters, over scheme, PT, or "I want my money"...He's going to make a lot of promises, and kids (and their parents) are going to buy it, for now.

When he starts poaching guys, he's painting a big target on his back. People will be looking for anything and everything to shoot him down.

The sizzle box is checked, steak is TBD...

IMO, it will go one of two ways...a fabulous success, or a flaming dumpster.

If it isn't a train wreck, he's at FSU in three years tops...

Then what explains his tremendous success at JSU?
    I'm not saying he has no shot, or even that it is a bad hire. Who was he coaching against? Who were his players playing against? Paul Wulff was a great coach at the FCS level, and Beau Baldwin won a natty. It IS a different game when you play the big boys every week. If he is successful, I'll tip my hat. It's harder than it looks.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,327
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Deion has a huge ego, but he should. A lot of coaches are dick heads. Urban Meyer was grabbing his son in law by his shirt and saying his daughter married a loser.

That's not all he grabs

And I'd hire him
    Same. It might be a little doogish but DeBoer at 10-2, I will keep over Meyer.

Regarding Deion, I’m not on some woke shit, but the stuff about his ego might be slightly race related. He is putting energy into the program. No recruits or transfers give a fuck how he treats the bums currently on Colorado.

He’s a figurehead. He won’t do much coaching but motivating. He’s gonna bounce if he success, but it is a great hire for Colorado. Karl Dorrel was their last coach.
    I'd keep DeBoer too. For now

Urban would never be hired by UW now anyway. Lot more baggage

Todd Turner reached out allegedly and Urban said he was weird

• Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,250
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fishpo31 said:

Fishpo31 said:

I think that he's going to have a pretty short shelf life. Times they are a changing, but it's not the Buff players fault they were shitty, anymore than it was our players fault they were shitty collectively under Lake. It's shitty leadership, AD, coaches, all down the line.

So he wheelbarrows his big HOF dick into town and tells everybody to GTFO, and his kid is the QB...what could go wrong?

That is not how leaders treat people, even if the house needs to be cleaned. He's betting on "his" FCS guys coming with him, and poaching a bunch of guys who are quitters, over scheme, PT, or "I want my money"...He's going to make a lot of promises, and kids (and their parents) are going to buy it, for now.

When he starts poaching guys, he's painting a big target on his back. People will be looking for anything and everything to shoot him down.

I'm not saying he has no shot, or even that it is a bad hire. Who was he coaching against? Who were his players playing against? Paul Wulff was a great coach at the FCS level, and Beau Baldwin won a natty. It IS a different game when you play the big boys every week. If he is successful, I'll tip my hat. It's harder than it looks.
    Paul Wildcat was good but not a world beater. You hire a lower level guy who goes 92-12 like Pete but not a guy who averaged 9-3ish like Wulff and even the 92-12 guy is a gamble.

Deion sucks until he doesn’t but it’s a good gamble on part of Colorado.
    Thank you for making my point, with greater brevity and clarity...Wulff was an alum, so NM. There are many great coaches at all levels, and there are very few that can lead a P5 program successfully, because it is a CEO job.

Prime is coming from a level/league where he had the best athletes, told the admin what was up, and if the school couldn't afford it, he busted out his wallet. They won. This is about playing against resources now. The playing field is "level", or as level as it will ever be again with NIL. Right now the hype is huge, and deservedly so. It's a big hire. And it is a gamble. EWIWBI...
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2022

bigcc said:

This is a guy who has had everything very easy. Greatest athlete of his generation, no hard lessons learned. Championship programs college and nfl.

The guy tried to commit suicide by driving off a cliff while losing custody of his children, turned to religion after surviving, not exactly what I'd call having things easy.

And how the fuck is him being in championship programs a knock on him? It carried over to Jackson state where he won the SWAC in both non-covid years, including the most wins in a season in team history.

Colorado was literally one of the worst teams in the country, 125/131 offensive ppg (15.4), 131/131 defensive ppg (44.5)

He's a great hire, who the fuck else could Colorado have brought in even remotely as high profile?

From our perspective, he's probably going to fuck with Oregon and usc's recruiting more than ours.

Not trying to ride his dick or anything, but I'd bet my left nut Colorado is at least not getting outscored by 30/game next season.
    Oh, he turned to religion? I didn’t know about that. That changes everything.

Good thing every huckster and sociopath in America doesn’t publicly turn to Christianity at some point in their lives.

What a tough life, having everything you want then fucking it up. He’s a douche.
    I personally loved it when he lied to his team about his doctors saying he’d never walk again, showed up to his bowl game against a 6-5 team, stood up and walked in the locker room in an attempt to pump up his team, and then got absolutely skullfucked by that 6-5 team that had 5% of the talent as JSU

But yeah. He’s a fucking genius. I don’t hate the hire because what does CU have to lose? Worst case they fire him in 3 years with a massively upgraded roster talent-wise for the next guy.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Deion has a huge ego, but he should. A lot of coaches are dick heads. Urban Meyer was grabbing his son in law by his shirt and saying his daughter married a loser.

That's not all he grabs

And I'd hire him

Regarding Deion, I’m not on some woke shit, but the stuff about his ego might be slightly race related. He is putting energy into the program. No recruits or transfers give a fuck how he treats the bums currently on Colorado.

He’s a figurehead. He won’t do much coaching but motivating. He’s gonna bounce if he success, but it is a great hire for Colorado. Karl Dorrel was their last coach.
    I agree with everything you said here but what makes you sure he won't do much coaching? You don't know that. You don't know that he's a Barry Switzer-type.
    I have no way of actually knowing and he will do some. I don’t think he will be scheming and spending the night in the film room.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Flipped 4* Dylan Edwards from Notre Dame today. Just getting started.

ND might need to try to hold onto Limar now rather than run him off
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

bigcc said:

This is a guy who has had everything very easy. Greatest athlete of his generation, no hard lessons learned. Championship programs college and nfl.

The guy tried to commit suicide by driving off a cliff while losing custody of his children, turned to religion after surviving, not exactly what I'd call having things easy.

And how the fuck is him being in championship programs a knock on him? It carried over to Jackson state where he won the SWAC in both non-covid years, including the most wins in a season in team history.

Colorado was literally one of the worst teams in the country, 125/131 offensive ppg (15.4), 131/131 defensive ppg (44.5)

He's a great hire, who the fuck else could Colorado have brought in even remotely as high profile?

From our perspective, he's probably going to fuck with Oregon and usc's recruiting more than ours.

Not trying to ride his dick or anything, but I'd bet my left nut Colorado is at least not getting outscored by 30/game next season.

Good thing every huckster and sociopath in America doesn’t publicly turn to Christianity at some point in their lives.

What a tough life, having everything you want then fucking it up. He’s a douche.
    Yeah, grifters usually drive off cliffs to drive the point of their transformation home, especially when in a custody battle.

Anyways who gives a fuck? My main point was that him winning literally wherever the fuck he goes isn't exactly a turnoff, if we'd hired Deion before this offseason we'd (you included) be ecstatic, don't be a faggot and pretend otherwise.

I'm much happier with Deboer given the immediate results and likelihood of sticking around, but don't pretend like it's not a great hire for what might literally have been the worst d1 football program
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

bigcc said:

I personally loved it when he lied to his team about his doctors saying he’d never walk again, showed up to his bowl game against a 6-5 team, stood up and walked in the locker room in an attempt to pump up his team, and then got absolutely skullfucked by that 6-5 team that had 5% of the talent as JSU

But yeah. He’s a fucking genius. I don’t hate the hire because what does CU have to lose? Worst case they fire him in 3 years with a massively upgraded roster talent-wise for the next guy.
    I'm sure all the black folk associated with Jacksonville state would have been equally upset if he had been a scrub instead of having won two of their three conference championships since 96 and first since 07

If you think deion was a bad hire for COLORADO you're fucking retarded, full stop

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    bigcc said:

ntxduck said:

bigcc said:

I'm sure all the black folk associated with Jacksonville state would have been equally upset if he had been a scrub instead of having won two of their three conference championships since 96 and first since 07

If you think deion was a bad hire for COLORADO you're fucking retarded, full stop

Black folk don’t care about Jacksonville state.
  • Options
    bigcc said:

ntxduck said:

bigcc said:

Did you read the last paragraph?
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    bigcc said:

bigcc said:

Yeah, grifters usually drive off cliffs to drive the point of their transformation home, especially when in a custody battle.

Anyways who gives a fuck? My main point was that him winning literally wherever the fuck he goes isn't exactly a turnoff, if we'd hired Deion before this offseason we'd (you included) be ecstatic, don't be a faggot and pretend otherwise.

I'm much happier with Deboer given the immediate results and likelihood of sticking around, but don't pretend like it's not a great hire for what might literally have been the worst d1 football program
    Won wherever he goes? Where has he been except Jackson (note: not Jacksonville) St.?

I'd be anything but ecstatic if he had come to UW. UW would deserve way better than a giant question mark with almost no track record coaching. KDB's resume is 5 times bigger than Prime, and KDB has worked his way up. Prime bought his way in.

Good for Colorado and congratulations to you as well, enjoy.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

That's not all he grabs

And I'd hire him

Sounds like you're on some woke shit
  • Options
    Fishpo31 said:

Fishpo31 said:

To clarify, the SWAC is a fucking pitiful football league. The rarely play actual good FCS teams, and when they do, they get shithoused. Deion is one of the most unproven commodities to ever jump straight to a P5 head coaching gig. But hey, he has sizzle.
  • Options

bigcc said:

bigcc said:

Won wherever he goes? Where has he been except Jackson (note: not Jacksonville) St.?
    I was literally quoting you pointing out that he's never faced adversity by getting to be with championship college and nfl teams. If it's irrelevant don't bring it up.
  • Options
    The performative religious fraud currently getting his doors blown off by a vastly inferior team in the only game that matters for them, second consecutive year.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

The performative religious fraud currently getting his doors blown off by a vastly inferior team in the only game that matters for them, second consecutive year.

A little early to be dancing on their grave, but as a licensed Deion hater I'm obligated to add that this is just against a shitty HBCU that might as well be a D3 level team. Actual FCS champs NDSU would plunger both of these teams.