Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coach Prime

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,491
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Did we get a bump when Jimmy Lake was hired? Coach Prime has a limited window in which to sell the "Cult of Personality" but it well known in sports that black players don't always warm up to black coaches. Most didn't grow up with a black father in the home so they don't always perceive a black coach as being the same authority as a non-black. That's just the God's honest truth that applies in College and the Pro ranks.

Jesus Christ. I also love the way you pass off the "most black players didn't have a father in the home" line as if it's an undisputed fact.
    https://nypost.com/2022/07/30/black-kids-deserve-better-than-fatherless-homes-low-expectations/

Black families were stronger during the worst periods of American history than they are today. Since 1968, there has been a fourfold increase in the number of unmarried parents, according to Pew Research. But Census data show this trend especially applies to black families: In 2020, just 41.3% of black kids were growing up in a two-parent home...
    How many were 2 dad households?
    THIS is the correct use of that data.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Did we get a bump when Jimmy Lake was hired? Coach Prime has a limited window in which to sell the "Cult of Personality" but it well known in sports that black players don't always warm up to black coaches. Most didn't grow up with a black father in the home so they don't always perceive a black coach as being the same authority as a non-black. That's just the God's honest truth that applies in College and the Pro ranks.

He’s done good at jsu but I agree that no coach should be considered a recruiting asset solely based on race. I also don’t think prima Donna type sports legends are good coaches over the long run. Maybe spurrier?
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm curious to see how Sanders meshes with the Boulder community. I agree this is probably a stepping stone to somewhere back in the South.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Fishpo31 said:

The sizzle box is checked, steak is TBD...

New UW Off-Season Natty motto?
  • Options
    Fishpo31 said:

I think that he's going to have a pretty short shelf life. Times they are a changing, but it's not the Buff players fault they were shitty, anymore than it was our players fault they were shitty collectively under Lake. It's shitty leadership, AD, coaches, all down the line.

So he wheelbarrows his big HOF dick into town and tells everybody to GTFO, and his kid is the QB...what could go wrong?

That is not how leaders treat people, even if the house needs to be cleaned. He's betting on "his" FCS guys coming with him, and poaching a bunch of guys who are quitters, over scheme, PT, or "I want my money"...He's going to make a lot of promises, and kids (and their parents) are going to buy it, for now.

When he starts poaching guys, he's painting a big target on his back. People will be looking for anything and everything to shoot him down.

IMO, it will go one of two ways...a fabulous success, or a flaming dumpster.

If it isn't a train wreck, he's at FSU in three years tops...

Yeah, so far seems like a douchebag travel team dad not a killer P5 head coach.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Fishpo31 said:

I think that he's going to have a pretty short shelf life. Times they are a changing, but it's not the Buff players fault they were shitty, anymore than it was our players fault they were shitty collectively under Lake. It's shitty leadership, AD, coaches, all down the line.

So he wheelbarrows his big HOF dick into town and tells everybody to GTFO, and his kid is the QB...what could go wrong?

That is not how leaders treat people, even if the house needs to be cleaned. He's betting on "his" FCS guys coming with him, and poaching a bunch of guys who are quitters, over scheme, PT, or "I want my money"...He's going to make a lot of promises, and kids (and their parents) are going to buy it, for now.

When he starts poaching guys, he's painting a big target on his back. People will be looking for anything and everything to shoot him down.

Agreed.

Can't get much worse for Colorado, though

They never should have gotten rid of McIntyre
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,250
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogville said:

Fishpo31 said:

Pretty funny to write all that and then end with “it might be a fabulous success.” Lol.

Colorado was dead. Whether or not Prime wins, he’s a jolt of life and interest into that program. I think it’s a brilliant hire.
    No question. The program is dead, and they need juice. His message appears to be something on the order of "Junction Boys v.2023". He is going "ride or die" with his kid, so who is going to go there to sit behind him? I haven't watched his kid play, but there are a lot of "legendary" QBs in FCS that put up video game numbers.

He didn't come in and lay out his program, how they do things, where they want to get to. He told them to LEAVE. How many guys will he have to bring in? 50? 70? How will he recruit QBs to come in and sit, with no shot of competing for the position? He may have the juice to do it, but you need guys for depth, for scout team, to hold tackling dummies. He just chased those guys out, IMO.

Prime speaks his mind, unfiltered. He gives the impression that "We'll out-recruit everyone and have a whole, new, great team". It has been trending that way (USC), and if he pulls this off, it will change the game. I don't see it being attainable or sustainable, but no one has ever tried to do it to this extent. It's why we watch...
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,570
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fishpo31 said:

doogville said:

Fishpo31 said:

Pretty funny to write all that and then end with “it might be a fabulous success.” Lol.

Colorado was dead. Whether or not Prime wins, he’s a jolt of life and interest into that program. I think it’s a brilliant hire.
    No question. The program is dead, and they need juice. His message appears to be something on the order of "Junction Boys v.2023". He is going "ride or die" with his kid, so who is going to go there to sit behind him? I haven't watched his kid play, but there are a lot of "legendary" QBs in FCS that put up video game numbers.

He didn't come in and lay out his program, how they do things, where they want to get to. He told them to LEAVE. How many guys will he have to bring in? 50? 70? How will he recruit QBs to come in and sit, with no shot of competing for the position? He may have the juice to do it, but you need guys for depth, for scout team, to hold tackling dummies. He just chased those guys out, IMO.

Prime speaks his mind, unfiltered. He gives the impression that "We'll out-recruit everyone and have a whole, new, great team". It has been trending that way (USC), and if he pulls this off, it will change the game. I don't see it being attainable or sustainable, but no one has ever tried to do it to this extent. It's why we watch...
    Prime has a huge ego and had to do a bunch of do gooder shit at Jackson because he ran a disgraceful charter school in some southern state. He’s a huckster at this level till he isn’t.

For a coach-hating board hh has given this guy 100 blow jobs already.

Get off his dick. He acts like jimmy lake part 2, like he can just waltz in and fix everything by virtue of his genius and personality but he probably has zero system or administrative skill.

Coordinator hires seem good but when things don’t work out easily, is there a real plan? Will he throw kids and coaches under the bus to protect himself? I’m guessing yes, just based on his completely ego centric persona.

This is a guy who has had everything very easy. Greatest athlete of his generation, no hard lessons learned. Championship programs college and nfl.

None of these are indicators of hc success.

This post is not directed at fishpo, I am agreeing with his post.
    Lots of good reasons to be wary. Makes sense. His son may be a real problem for him if he struggles. I didn’t think of that. My point on Sanders is that the P10 is garbage. Prime will get dudes. On sheer talent alone he will win games in this league. He’s not Lake. He has winning HC experience. If you don’t want to recognize it then you don’t recognize DeBoers. Hes also hiring competent assistants. Something else Lake was incapable of doing. I’m not sure it’s a home run but he will win at Colorado strictly because they play in the P10 and they will have superior talent to 75% of the league.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2022

Fishpo31 said:

doogville said:

Fishpo31 said:

Prime has a huge ego and had to do a bunch of do gooder shit at Jackson because he ran a disgraceful charter school in some southern state. He’s a huckster at this level till he isn’t.

Get off his dick. He acts like jimmy lake part 2, like he can just waltz in and fix everything by virtue of his genius and personality but he probably has zero system or administrative skill.

Coordinator hires seem good but when things don’t work out easily, is there a real plan? Will he throw kids and coaches under the bus to protect himself? I’m guessing yes, just based on his completely ego centric persona.

This is a guy who has had everything very easy. Greatest athlete of his generation, no hard lessons learned. Championship programs college and nfl.

Lack of comportment is one thing. Not sure what you'd call this. But I'd start with parasite and then go down the list.

https://nyti.ms/1ovzrQO
  • Options

Fishpo31 said:

doogville said:

Fishpo31 said:

Lack of comportment is one thing. Not sure what you'd call this. But I'd start with parasite and then go down the list.

https://nyti.ms/1ovzrQO
    Yeah, he’s a bully and petty dictator who doesnt accept accountability or practice any self-criticism.

I have no doubt he can attract some good portal bait but 4 and 5 star guys with legit shots at the league will eventually tell him to fuck of, so will parents.

• Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

He ain’t gone make it. You can talk to 1-9 players like that but players with options are gonna be like FDB.

As true as what Prime said is I don't know if it's the right group to shit on. One, UW went 4-8 last year and 10-2 this year basically with the same players and one guy DeBoer portaged in. Not saying Colorado has the same talent he inherited but with just the right QB they could maybe go from one to six wins. Also, one reason they suck so bad is other programs just straight up stole their best players. Lastly, it's mostly the coaches and admins fault those players are there and not better ones.
    I agree, they did beat cal this season. (still too high) But I think Prime has a different “roster” than JSU.
    They of how many kids said “coach I’d love to play for you, but I need this NIL/FBS attention now.”, he’s got ALL of their phone numbers and now he has a Power 5 school they can transfer too.

In short, he’s gonna get even MORE dudes than he did at JSU very quickly, more of a “dream list” for prime.

I like his son as a personality but I do not think he will be able to run a pass heavy offense in power 5 football, the addiction of the KSU coach changes a lot, his scheme gave Georgia problems last year.