Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coach Prime

In terms of recruiting, this is gonna be like Brandon Roy to Nathan Hale HS.

Just picked up a 5* commit for the '25 class and tOSU's top WR commit just announced he's not going to sign early so that he can visit Colorado. Would not be surprised if he finishes with a top 15 class

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I've never liked him, nothing's changed with me, but weº must all recognize the enemy now.

I think there's a big nostalgia boner for him because a lot of middle-aged men remember him from the covers of their sports illustrated collection. People forget the guy is a huge egotistical asshole
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Did we get a bump when Jimmy Lake was hired? Coach Prime has a limited window in which to sell the "Cult of Personality" but it well known in sports that black players don't always warm up to black coaches. Most didn't grow up with a black father in the home so they don't always perceive a black coach as being the same authority as a non-black. That's just the God's honest truth that applies in College and the Pro ranks.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    My best guess is a lot of people are gonna want to coach with him. Defensive recruits are gonna love him. I do wonder if he wins like 9-10 games by year 3 does he get a shot in the NFL and bolt.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Prime is going to recruit nationally, especially considering he has the strongest roots in Dallas/Atlanta/Florida. I think we'll be more screwed over by his poaching of portal players than anything else... because I imagine he's going to clear out a lot of space from that currently drek Colorado roster
  • Options
    @Quietcowskee Aw man I miss Jimmy the Greek

@KrunkJuice 3 years at Jackson State and then bailed is nice ammo for dirty recruiting "Is Coach Prime going to stick around for you?"

This is going to be very interesting but reality has no bedside manners. Lincoln Riley confirmed every negative point about his programs. It'll be interesting to see what Coach Prime imparts to his Buffs.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The first (five-star) commitment of the Deion Sanders era is in as IMG Academy 2025 Winston Watkins Jr. commits to #Colorado. "He is that guy. Man he did it on the field & he does it in the office as well. Can't wait to see what he does with the program."
  • Options
    Holy Fuck ....a short WR from Florida is coming to wreck the Pac-12 #Apocalypse2025
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I've never liked him, nothing's changed with me, but weº must all recognize the enemy now.

I think there's a big nostalgia boner for him because a lot of middle-aged men remember him from the covers of their sports illustrated collection. People forget the guy was a huge egotistical asshole
    Is saban not an egotistical asshole? I think prime just shows it more
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    I’m changing my mind! Roasted this hire on the CFB bored but lot of good poasts have me in the EWIWBI camp.