Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Coach Prime

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Zimmer's first coaching job was as a part-time defensive assistant at the University of Missouri from 1979–1980. He then coached at Weber State College from 1981–1988, serving as the inside linebackers coach from 1981–84, the defensive backs coach from 1985–88, and the defensive coordinator from 1983–88. From 1989–1993, Zimmer served as the defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach for the Washington State Cougars. In 1993, the Cougars defense ranked eighth in the nation in total defense and second in rushing defense.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    Swaye's Wigwam

Zimmer's first coaching job was as a part-time defensive assistant at the University of Missouri from 1979–1980. He then coached at Weber State College from 1981–1988, serving as the inside linebackers coach from 1981–84, the defensive backs coach from 1985–88, and the defensive coordinator from 1983–88. From 1989–1993, Zimmer served as the defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach for the Washington State Cougars. In 1993, the Cougars defense ranked eighth in the nation in total defense and second in rushing defense.

Scrappy fuckin coogs. I did not know that, Their early 90s success makes a little more sense
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fishpo31 said:

doogville said:

Fishpo31 said:

I think that he's going to have a pretty short shelf life. Times they are a changing, but it's not the Buff players fault they were shitty, anymore than it was our players fault they were shitty collectively under Lake. It's shitty leadership, AD, coaches, all down the line.

So he wheelbarrows his big HOF dick into town and tells everybody to GTFO, and his kid is the QB...what could go wrong?

That is not how leaders treat people, even if the house needs to be cleaned. He's betting on "his" FCS guys coming with him, and poaching a bunch of guys who are quitters, over scheme, PT, or "I want my money"...He's going to make a lot of promises, and kids (and their parents) are going to buy it, for now.

When he starts poaching guys, he's painting a big target on his back. People will be looking for anything and everything to shoot him down.

The sizzle box is checked, steak is TBD...

IMO, it will go one of two ways...a fabulous success, or a flaming dumpster.

If it isn't a train wreck, he's at FSU in three years tops...

Pretty funny to write all that and then end with “it might be a fabulous success.” Lol.

Colorado was dead. Whether or not Prime wins, he’s a jolt of life and interest into that program. I think it’s a brilliant hire.
    No question. The program is dead, and they need juice. His message appears to be something on the order of "Junction Boys v.2023". He is going "ride or die" with his kid, so who is going to go there to sit behind him? I haven't watched his kid play, but there are a lot of "legendary" QBs in FCS that put up video game numbers.

He didn't come in and lay out his program, how they do things, where they want to get to. He told them to LEAVE. How many guys will he have to bring in? 50? 70? How will he recruit QBs to come in and sit, with no shot of competing for the position? He may have the juice to do it, but you need guys for depth, for scout team, to hold tackling dummies. He just chased those guys out, IMO.

Prime speaks his mind, unfiltered. He gives the impression that "We'll out-recruit everyone and have a whole, new, great team". It has been trending that way (USC), and if he pulls this off, it will change the game. I don't see it being attainable or sustainable, but no one has ever tried to do it to this extent. It's why we watch...
    Prime has a huge ego and had to do a bunch of do gooder shit at Jackson because he ran a disgraceful charter school in some southern state. He’s a huckster at this level till he isn’t.

For a coach-hating board hh has given this guy 100 blow jobs already.

Get off his dick. He acts like jimmy lake part 2, like he can just waltz in and fix everything by virtue of his genius and personality but he probably has zero system or administrative skill.

Coordinator hires seem good but when things don’t work out easily, is there a real plan? Will he throw kids and coaches under the bus to protect himself? I’m guessing yes, just based on his completely ego centric persona.

This is a guy who has had everything very easy. Greatest athlete of his generation, no hard lessons learned. Championship programs college and nfl.

None of these are indicators of hc success.

This post is not directed at fishpo, I am agreeing with his post.
    Lots of good reasons to be wary. Makes sense. His son may be a real problem for him if he struggles. I didn’t think of that. My point on Sanders is that the P10 is garbage. Prime will get dudes. On sheer talent alone he will win games in this league. He’s not Lake. He has winning HC experience. If you don’t want to recognize it then you don’t recognize DeBoers. Hes also hiring competent assistants. Something else Lake was incapable of doing. I’m not sure it’s a home run but he will win at Colorado strictly because they play in the P10 and they will have superior talent to 75% of the league.
    Colorado is a dead program that needs some energy and life. It’s a great hire for them and for the PAC 12. It’s not really a high risk hire because they have been really bad for a long time. He also went undefeated this year so he has actually accomplished more than simply being Coach Prime.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fishpo31 said:

doogville said:

Fishpo31 said:

I think that he's going to have a pretty short shelf life. Times they are a changing, but it's not the Buff players fault they were shitty, anymore than it was our players fault they were shitty collectively under Lake. It's shitty leadership, AD, coaches, all down the line.

So he wheelbarrows his big HOF dick into town and tells everybody to GTFO, and his kid is the QB...what could go wrong?

That is not how leaders treat people, even if the house needs to be cleaned. He's betting on "his" FCS guys coming with him, and poaching a bunch of guys who are quitters, over scheme, PT, or "I want my money"...He's going to make a lot of promises, and kids (and their parents) are going to buy it, for now.

When he starts poaching guys, he's painting a big target on his back. People will be looking for anything and everything to shoot him down.

Pretty funny to write all that and then end with “it might be a fabulous success.” Lol.

Colorado was dead. Whether or not Prime wins, he’s a jolt of life and interest into that program. I think it’s a brilliant hire.
    No question. The program is dead, and they need juice. His message appears to be something on the order of "Junction Boys v.2023". He is going "ride or die" with his kid, so who is going to go there to sit behind him? I haven't watched his kid play, but there are a lot of "legendary" QBs in FCS that put up video game numbers.

He didn't come in and lay out his program, how they do things, where they want to get to. He told them to LEAVE. How many guys will he have to bring in? 50? 70? How will he recruit QBs to come in and sit, with no shot of competing for the position? He may have the juice to do it, but you need guys for depth, for scout team, to hold tackling dummies. He just chased those guys out, IMO.

Prime speaks his mind, unfiltered. He gives the impression that "We'll out-recruit everyone and have a whole, new, great team". It has been trending that way (USC), and if he pulls this off, it will change the game. I don't see it being attainable or sustainable, but no one has ever tried to do it to this extent. It's why we watch...
    Prime has a huge ego and had to do a bunch of do gooder shit at Jackson because he ran a disgraceful charter school in some southern state. He’s a huckster at this level till he isn’t.

Get off his dick. He acts like jimmy lake part 2, like he can just waltz in and fix everything by virtue of his genius and personality but he probably has zero system or administrative skill.

Coordinator hires seem good but when things don’t work out easily, is there a real plan? Will he throw kids and coaches under the bus to protect himself? I’m guessing yes, just based on his completely ego centric persona.

This is a guy who has had everything very easy. Greatest athlete of his generation, no hard lessons learned. Championship programs college and nfl.

Lack of comportment is one thing. Not sure what you'd call this. But I'd start with parasite and then go down the list.

https://nyti.ms/1ovzrQO
    If you were a Colorado fan, would you give a fuck about this? No or not at all?
    Yes. I know that's not what plays around here, but yes.
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889

The guy tried to commit suicide by driving off a cliff while losing custody of his children, turned to religion after surviving, not exactly what I'd call having things easy.

And how the fuck is him being in championship programs a knock on him? It carried over to Jackson state where he won the SWAC in both non-covid years, including the most wins in a season in team history.

Colorado was literally one of the worst teams in the country, 125/131 offensive ppg (15.4), 131/131 defensive ppg (44.5)

He's a great hire, who the fuck else could Colorado have brought in even remotely as high profile?

From our perspective, he's probably going to fuck with Oregon and usc's recruiting more than ours.

Not trying to ride his dick or anything, but I'd bet my left nut Colorado is at least not getting outscored by 30/game next season.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,061

Fishpo31 said:

doogville said:

Fishpo31 said:

Lack of comportment is one thing. Not sure what you'd call this. But I'd start with parasite and then go down the list.

https://nyti.ms/1ovzrQO
    If you were a Colorado fan, would you give a fuck about this? No or not at all?
    Yes. I know that's not what plays around here, but yes.
    I don’t know. You think people will be picketing outside of games? UW went dark for a decade and I was hungry for a winner. I would have taken Ted Bundy as HC and Gary Ridgeway as OC if I thought they could have won. I even convinced myself Sark was good for UW a few years. Colorado has been on life support going on two decades. If they have any fans left they aren’t gonna give a fuck who brings it back. They just want it back.
    I bet they’d have taken those Columbine kids as coordinators to turn that shit wagon around. At least they knew how to plan🤷‍♂️
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club

Worth noting Colorado drops off our schedule next year, so be fun to watch them from afar

Wouldn't we want to play good teams? Is it all about beating the Cals and Kent States of the world?
    Founders Club
    Fishpo31 said:

Then what explains his tremendous success at JSU?
    Founders Club

Imagine the recruiting under Prime at Alabama. It would be unparalleled

It would go from being the best in the country to the best in the country?

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam

Deion has a huge ego, but he should. A lot of coaches are dick heads. Urban Meyer was grabbing his son in law by his shirt and saying his daughter married a loser.

That's not all he grabs

And I'd hire him
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Fishpo31 said:

What success?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

Fishpo31 said:

What success?
    Fuck off
    Founders Club
    edited December 2022

Deion has a huge ego, but he should. A lot of coaches are dick heads. Urban Meyer was grabbing his son in law by his shirt and saying his daughter married a loser.

That's not all he grabs

And I'd hire him
    Same. It might be a little doogish but DeBoer at 10-2, I will keep over Meyer.

Regarding Deion, I’m not on some woke shit, but the stuff about his ego might be slightly race related. He is putting energy into the program. No recruits or transfers give a fuck how he treats the bums currently on Colorado.

He’s a figurehead. He won’t do much coaching but motivating. He’s gonna bounce if he success, but it is a great hire for Colorado. Karl Dorrel was their last coach.
    I agree with everything you said here but what makes you sure he won't do much coaching? You don't know that. You don't know that he's a Barry Switzer-type.
  • BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Flipped 4* Dylan Edwards from Notre Dame today. Just getting started.