Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA starts tonight. Who ya got?

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

When I first saw Jokic a few years back I called him a beer league center. As a compliment really. He didn't look the part but he was the guy in the pick up game with a beer gut who had all the skills and you'd wonder how the fuck he was so good

He's really turned into something

He always was something. But it took 2 MVP’s, a social justice screw job and a Championship run for most to notice.
    When was the social Justice screw job? This year? Jokic is better than Embiid but averaging 33 on a 54 win is MVP worthy.
    Less social justice although some commentators mentioned it. The bigger reality was more fatigue from giving it to a guy 3 straight years. It's why players like shaq, Jordan, Duncan, and lbj have less mvp's than they should.
    Sure, if you're a Noogget like Salem-KKKeizer and that's your argument, then fine.

But the NBA isn't giving Embiid the trophy just because he mildly whined a year ago and Kendrick Perkins thinks the voters are too white.

I mean, if Lillard gets drafted by the 76er's or Knicks he probably has one MVP. It's not a serious thing and neither is the regular season.
    Totally on board with your 2nd paragraph. But help me understand the first. Do you believe that Embiid was the legit MVP?
    I'm saying an MVP trophy for NBA regular season, where superstars take themselves out of stretches of games, isn't even worth getting upset over.

Give the MVP at the end of the playoffs. You don't have to win it to get the award, but let's include the part of the season where guys are sacrificing themselves and playing defense.

Because we aren't giving the trophy to players on non-plauoff teams anyways.
    The only problem with that is they would always give it to the best player from the team that won the trophy.
    Jokic was clearly mvp this year, even in the regular season. But the nba media has some dumb unwritten rule about 3 straight mvps. Even Malone won a pity mvp over jordan
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,840
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'm picking Denver tonight.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Denver wins it all
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I think Denver wins it all

Puppy is race
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,000
    Founders Club
    Pup called it back in October
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

When I first saw Jokic a few years back I called him a beer league center. As a compliment really. He didn't look the part but he was the guy in the pick up game with a beer gut who had all the skills and you'd wonder how the fuck he was so good

He's really turned into something

He always was something. But it took 2 MVP’s, a social justice screw job and a Championship run for most to notice.
    When was the social Justice screw job? This year? Jokic is better than Embiid but averaging 33 on a 54 win is MVP worthy.
    Less social justice although some commentators mentioned it. The bigger reality was more fatigue from giving it to a guy 3 straight years. It's why players like shaq, Jordan, Duncan, and lbj have less mvp's than they should.
    Sure, if you're a Noogget like Salem-KKKeizer and that's your argument, then fine.

But the NBA isn't giving Embiid the trophy just because he mildly whined a year ago and Kendrick Perkins thinks the voters are too white.

I mean, if Lillard gets drafted by the 76er's or Knicks he probably has one MVP. It's not a serious thing and neither is the regular season.
    Totally on board with your 2nd paragraph. But help me understand the first. Do you believe that Embiid was the legit MVP?
    I'm saying an MVP trophy for NBA regular season, where superstars take themselves out of stretches of games, isn't even worth getting upset over.

Give the MVP at the end of the playoffs. You don't have to win it to get the award, but let's include the part of the season where guys are sacrificing themselves and playing defense.

Because we aren't giving the trophy to players on non-plauoff teams anyways.
    The only problem with that is they would always give it to the best player from the team that won the trophy.
    Jokic was clearly mvp this year, even in the regular season. But the nba media has some dumb unwritten rule about 3 straight mvps. Even Malone won a pity mvp over jordan
    Kendrick Perkins got the backlash this morning

I don't watch much regular season any more and even less Nuggets. I saw them lose to the Lakers in the bubble when Jokic was up and coming and that's about it.

So I was like yeah how could this guy be a three time MVP? Now I know

I previously thought the bitch ass white boy in Dallas was the white supremacist in the league but no.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,484
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hemorrhaging money.

Van Gundy will be hired on TNT/NBA Network tomorrow.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,840
    haie said:

Hemorrhaging money.

Van Gundy will be hired on TNT/NBA Network tomorrow.
    His bro already is there.

The VanGundys as a spin-off to Shaq, Kenny and Chuck would be good fun.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,484
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2023
    The other thing about this is that it completely seals the fate of the Pac 12. It's already known Fox doesn't want them.

There's no way ESPN is sacrificing the pro sports hot take bros in favor of putting WSU vs Stanford on linear..
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Pup called it back in October

Too soon?