Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA starts tonight. Who ya got?

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jimmy always comes up short

Celtics win game 7 by 20 to 30 points

Miami died last night
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,798
    edited May 2023
    haie said:

Bam - if I didn't know he was a perennial all star I would watch his play and think that he's just a lower/mid tier center on his 4th or 5th team.

Duncan Robinson - most 3 point shooters don't even get one wide open look in a season, with no one within 15 ft of you, and he got two at the end of one critical game and bricks them both. Boston just goes right him.

Butler - consistently all he does is go try and get contact and a star call. Going off on a random night doesn't make up for that.

It must drive Spoelstra insane that Miami chooses to have all these "stars" instead of giving him a single player who can consistently create on the offensive end.

Spoelstra didn't help himself by not guarding the inbounder and having Strus in the game. Lowry doesn't fuck up as bad as he did. Strus had no idea where White went.

White would have had an easy backdoor layup on a pass from Smart.

Not guarding the inbounder was 3rd grade AAU shit.

If you watch the replay, too, Boston had 3 guys with putback potential. Miami had one player in rebound position.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,456
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Bam - if I didn't know he was a perennial all star I would watch his play and think that he's just a lower/mid tier center on his 4th or 5th team.

Duncan Robinson - most 3 point shooters don't even get one wide open look in a season, with no one within 15 ft of you, and he got two at the end of one critical game and bricks them both. Boston just goes right him.

Butler - consistently all he does is go try and get contact and a star call. Going off on a random night doesn't make up for that.

It must drive Spoelstra insane that Miami chooses to have all these "stars" instead of giving him a single player who can consistently create on the offensive end.

Spoelstra didn't help himself by not guarding the inbounder and having Strus in the game. Lowry doesn't fuck up as bad as he did. Strus had no idea where White went.

If you watch the replay, too, Boston had 3 guys with putback potential. Miami had one player in rebound position.

No doubt they fucked up the defense there. 3 seconds is a lot of time.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

No doubt they fucked up the defense there. 3 seconds is a lot of time.
    Part of the conspiracy according to Twitter. Went from 2.1 to 3.0 after review which happens all the time but still

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Joe Namath in the building tonight

The Heat are one loss away from a historic choke job, but Jimmy Butler is keen on making sure his team is on the right side of history. After his team’s brutal Game 6 loss Saturday night, he made a bold prediction for the pivotal Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals on Monday night against the Celtics in Boston.

“I’m not gon’ let anybody quit. I’m not gonna let our guys quit,” Butler said after Miami’s 104–103 loss Saturday night. “I don’t give a damn what happens—we gon’ go in there [TD Garden], and we’re gonna win.”
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Miami died last night

Dialed in lol
  • Options

Miami died last night

Dialed in lol
    Tatum's ankle didn't help.

But Celtics are soft.

Nuggets better be paying attention - though I think Nuggets win in 6, maybe 5.

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,271
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Miami died last night

Dialed in lol
    Jimmy B be like WHAT DOES THAT ASSHOLE RACE BANNON HAVE TO SAY NOW???!!?!?!?!!!one!
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Do this again, but for Boston's lineup.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,563
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    For a team that climbed the mountain and made the finals last year the Celtics seemed like mental midgets compared to Miami. As Barkley said last night, “you’re either coaching them to shoot that many threes or you’re allowing them to shoot that many threes. Either way you’re wrong.” The coach should be out. Tatums ankle better have been broken because 1988 Pistons Isaiah Thomas would have willed that team to victory on a bad ankle. I’m tired of the Tatum top five player nonsense. He’s as likely to score 14 as 40 on any given night. Brown is due for a Supermax deal. If they pay him that money they deserve these close but no cigar results. They’re in a cultural bind for sure as a franchise.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2023
    A lot of Jimmy Buckets slander I will not stand for. This fuck carried a bunch of undrafted guys and the biggest Jekyl and Hyde player in Bam to the NBA finals… TWICE.

Spo is a top 20 coach of all time. If he wins this finals he’s top 10.

I saw some insane stat that Pat Riley has been in 25% of the NBA finals as a player, coach, or GM. It might be a little less/more than that but that’s batshit crazy.

The Heat are a 1st class organization in professional sports. I think the Nuggets will win the ship rather easily because Jokic is a generational player… but what the Heat did this year is nothing short of remarkable.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2023
    I’m so happy these Boston Celtics fags died by the 3. They won games 456 because they thought they were the Warriors and the shots were going in. I’m so sick of fucking 3 ball.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Riley stat is correct. Played on the West Baylor teams. Coached 9 finals with Magic - 8 as head man. 7 finals in Miami

Maybe without LeBron in the way Jimmy can finally FINISH

LeBron owned him in the east then beat him in 2020 in the finals

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Never going to crown Jimmy unless he does it.

Heat defense and coaching is what did it. Jimmy plays great defense, but still.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m so happy these Boston Celtics fags died by the 3. They won games 456 because they thought they were the Warriors and the shots were going in. I’m so sick of fucking 3 ball.

The problem is that the East is as bad as it's ever been.

They will probably move off some guys but in that ass conference they will always be in the mix jacking up shots.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

The problem is that the East is as bad as it's ever been.

They will probably move off some guys but in that ass conference they will always be in the mix jacking up shots.
    Outside of Denver, who in the west is any better? East was the better conference all year long.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So many @haie takes in the last few pages of this thread.

This is the 3rd NBA finals that Coach Spo has made without Bron. And Jimmy was a bad blockout by a teammate by winning this in 6.

Denver and Miami play the same game. Disciplined ball movement and good D with few live ball TO’s And neither get rattled. Most teams would have folded up the tent after losing that game 6 that way and having to go back to Boston for 7. But coach reminded them that they owned that building.

I think Denver will have their hands full in this one. Miami gets 3 guys scoring every night without Bam. And He’s prolly gonna get his shot back. I like #mynuggies still. But in no less than 6 games.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2023
    As I get older, the hot take bullshit gets more annoying. The Celtics should keep their core. They aren’t going to get better by trading Jaylen Brown. Horford, Smart, and other role players are the ones to switch out.

They should maybe get a new coach or at least get him some veteran assistants that know defensive schemes. If it was Doc Rivers, I would fire him but Mazzula is 34 years old and got thrown into the job. He can and should improve with time.

The roster is maybe the best in the NBA and the two best players are still young. I would change the coach before changing out a 25+ per game scorer. They will never be a dynasty, but Tatum and Brown have a championship in them.

A few years ago, the hot take was that Giannis would never win in Milwaukee and had to leave. He won a title the next year. The NBA is easily the professional league most swayed by public opinion. It’s a disappointing year for the Celtics, but continuity does matter.
  • Options
    Mazzula is on the spectrum. NTTAWWT

They need a real coach not an apprentice.

Stealing Mike Brown would be a good start. He already knows how to handle big boy egos from Lebron's early years and his time with the Warriors.