Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So what do we want?

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

I don't want any fucking part of the playoff. I hate it on every level. It's stupid and awful.

Also - I want to be somewhere where we can recruit within 1000 miles of there. Fiesta, Holiday whatever. This team is not going to win a Natty - so let's go max benefit.

No way man. You're playing to win it all.
    No ribbons. Everything but the playoffs
    is exhibition football.
    This is why the playoff is FS.

We aren’t winning the playoff shit head. Would you like to one day? Yes, me too.

As such, we need to recruit about 50% better than we have been.

Now that we’ve got the right coach, we need the horses.

Anyone here who thinks we have a shot to win the playoff this year is a fucking moron.

The main reason we cannot Win the playoff this year is we don’t have the talent. Like it or lump it, it’s the truth.

For so long around here, the scales got so tilted toward “coaching is all that matters” because when you have shitty coaches, it’s true - it really doesn’t make a fuck bit of difference who you recruit.

However, when you have the RIGHT coaches (which we overwhelmingly do), it makes all the difference in the world.

If we had talent closer to USC’s rather than being closer to Iowa’s, we would be the UGA of the West. But as it stands now, we are the Wisconsin of the West because everyone knows that if we run into a top tier talent team, we will get stuffed. Like we did vs USC and Bama last year.

So while I’m not opposed to cutting my dick off, cut your own shit off if you don’t think that the thing separating us from entering the talent sphere where Clemson is now (which is achievable; we will never be in the same talent tier as Bama or USC) shouldn’t be the top priority of the program.

I am happy to take bets on our chances at winning the Natty this year... want them? Of course not.

So, all this shit is just symbolic posturing.
    2022 should be special then. Can't wait. Pretty heavy dooging Dennis.
    WTF? He is enjoying this year and pointing out we can get better, do you disagree?
    He's not enjoying this year. He's saying TSIO.

I'm saying it doesn't have to be.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,541
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

UW cannot win the playoff this year. The better scenario is to win out, get left out along with Oklahoma/TCU for Notre Dame, and cause a massive uproar that changes the shitty system.

There won't be massive uproar if UW gets left out this year. If Notre Dame goes 11-1, they deserve to be in more than Oklahoma, TCU, and UW do.
    Potential 1 loss teams that would get in ahead of a 12-1 UW:

Bama
    Notre Dame
    Clemson
    Oklahoma/TCU winner
    Georgia

What we? really need is Wisconsin to get a loss to eliminate the Big, Georgia to drop one before the SEC championship game, and ND to drop one. If those three things happen we're in if we win out. If one of them doesn't, we need the B12 winner to have multiple losses.

I don't think Miami or Wiscy would get in ahead of UW in potential 1 loss conference championship scenarios, but I'm not confident they wouldn't. That's why Wiscy needs to lose. Miami is losing to Clemson or eliminating Clemson, so they won't really be an issue either way.

No fuckign way I could all this shit straight. I'm glad smart people post here.
    it is easy - just pick 4 teams ahead of the dawgs in the rankings and say they will make the CFP - me Wisconsin because the Big14 is soooo tuff per ESPN, Bama and Goobers from the SEC because even if one loses they are the best and a Wild Card must be the golden dooms because they have a separate contract with NBC. there the ACC, Big12 and PAC all got left out.
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2017

Potential 1 loss teams that would get in ahead of a 12-1 UW:

Bama
    Notre Dame
    Clemson
    Oklahoma/TCU winner
    Georgia

What we? really need is Wisconsin to get a loss to eliminate the Big, Georgia to drop one before the SEC championship game, and ND to drop one. If those three things happen we're in if we win out. If one of them doesn't, we need the B12 winner to have multiple losses.

I don't think Miami or Wiscy would get in ahead of UW in potential 1 loss conference championship scenarios, but I'm not confident they wouldn't. That's why Wiscy needs to lose. Miami is losing to Clemson or eliminating Clemson, so they won't really be an issue either way.

-------------------------------
    Good point on Miami. Their only road to the playoff is beating Clemson in the champ game. The ACC winner gets a slot. We? should be rooting for them to eliminate ND next weekend. Wisky is going to need to win the Big10 to get in as well.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    1) The playoff is stupid.
    2) We should hope we get in the playoff because that would be best for us.
    3) We're probably not one of the four best teams this year.*

*replace jsfs and all bets are off. We may be around 4 then
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

The doog is strong in this thread.

Inferior teams beat superior teams all the time.

Remember ASU?

If you can get into the playoff you get into the playoff. Crazy shit happens.

Fuck this "we can never beat elite talent because we lost two games to them last year" bullshit.

Playoff or GTFO, same as it was before the season.

I can see this.

OTOH, Bama (who I assume we'd be drawing) doesn't lose.
    Clemson beat them because they had a great team and one of the best college QB of all time.
    Outside of that, it's 30 in a row for them or something insane like that.

the value in recruiting of making back to back playoffs I feel would be huge tho
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    IMO we don't have enough offensive talent to win 2 games at the CFP level ... we likely play a game like last year where we lose 20-7 or something like that.

I don't think I could ever whole heartedly endorse the "let's not compete for a championship" idea ...

But at the same time, if you look to last year's offseason, the P12 narrative was that USC was back because they beat an overrated Pedo St team in an exciting, yet sloppy, Rose Bowl whereas we were "blown out" and "overmatched" against Alabama ...

One played in the CFP last year, one lost 3 games ... the team that lost 3 games but won their bowl game started the season ranked higher ...

It's not open or shut ... but it's quite possible that not being in a CFP game and playing an overrated Wisconsin or somebody like that would be better momentum to the offseason.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

IMO we don't have enough offensive talent to win 2 games at the CFP level ... we likely play a game like last year where we lose 20-7 or something like that.

I don't think I could ever whole heartedly endorse the "let's not compete for a championship" idea ...

But at the same time, if you look to last year's offseason, the P12 narrative was that USC was back because they beat an overrated Pedo St team in an exciting, yet sloppy, Rose Bowl whereas we were "blown out" and "overmatched" against Alabama ...

One played in the CFP last year, one lost 3 games ... the team that lost 3 games but won their bowl game started the season ranked higher ...

It's not open or shut ... but it's quite possible that not being in a CFP game and playing an overrated Wisconsin or somebody like that would be better momentum to the offseason.

So you're we are better served to win the off-season than to compete for a natty? #OffseasonNattySZN
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

With the roles reversed, USC starts the season ranked 1. UW starts the season ranked 25

Aka, who gives a fuck what the preseason rankings are
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    I want a 16 team tournament, so we'd have a chance to beat the WSU butt pirates twice in one season.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BaldwinIV said:

The Stanford game is everything. Everything. Lose and the cycle of hell we all know starts again. Win and we blow out everyone (including faggot USC) and start back2back P12 ships on our way to dynasty next year.

It's a huge game. Road. Northern rival. Short week. This team won't lose to a non-Bama team the rest of the year if we win this one. It isn't doogitry. It's reality. Suck my dick and get HIV. I would know.

I feel the same way with these huskies that I did with the Seahawks of a few years ago.. they will be in every game with a chance to win. A very hard out. A team you dont want to play.

Until the super bowl Seahawks I didn't even know there was a feeling of "expecting to win" because I've been so conditioned to finding ways to lose... through all Seattle sports.

It's not arrogance.. Its confidence. Confidence is everything.

If Browning got himself some real confidence I bet he would be good.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I want a 16 team tournament, so we'd have a chance to beat the WSU butt pirates twice in one season.

fucking genius
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I want a 256 team tournament, so we'd have a chance to beat the WSU butt pirates twice in one season.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    So we'll lose our way to a better team through better recruiting after missing the playoff and playing in a shit-tier regional bowel game? Not buying that counter-intuitive shit.

The bowel's only matter to the teams involved anymore, since there's no NC trophy waiting for any winner. No intrigue, no suspense, bland interest at best. Play on that team, or the team in the playoff? Which will most kids prefer? Think about it. The importance of Bowels, even NY6, outside the involved team's fans, is fucking nose-diving.