Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So what do we want?

If we win out, are we hoping to squeak into the CFP to face an assured brutal and embarrassing ass-raping at the hands of Bama?

Or do we take the snub and have our pissed off players take it out on some team like Pedo State in a non-playoff BCS game?

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I don't want any fucking part of the playoff. I hate it on every level. It's stupid and awful.

Also - I want to be somewhere where we can recruit within 1000 miles of there. Fiesta, Holiday whatever. This team is not going to win a Natty - so let's go max benefit.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,298
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If we win out, it's far more likely we make the playoff than we don't and end up in the Fiesta.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Playoff >> anything else

an elite bowl like the Fiesta or Cotton (I don't know how the hell it works now, it changes every two years) >>>>> Alamo, Connor Holiday, Sun etc.

So making an elite bowl isn't horrible. Going to the Holiday Bowl is not good.

There's only one "elite" "bowl" game. It's in Atlanta this year. All the rest are for also rans.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I don't want any fucking part of the playoff. I hate it on every level. It's stupid and awful.

Also - I want to be somewhere where we can recruit within 1000 miles of there. Fiesta, Holiday whatever. This team is not going to win a Natty - so let's go max benefit.

No way man. You're playing to win it all.
    No ribbons. Everything but the playoffs
    is exhibition football.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

One of the ESPN idiots projected us to lose to USC but then end up in the Cotton Bowl against....

wait for it.......

TCU

@Tequilla true?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    whlinder said:

One of the ESPN idiots projected us to lose to USC but then end up in the Cotton Bowl against....

wait for it.......

TCU

I don't see a scenario where the Pac-12 gets two NY6 games.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whuggy said:

is exhibition football.
    This is why the playoff is FS.

We aren’t winning the playoff shit head. Would you like to one day? Yes, me too.

As such, we need to recruit about 50% better than we have been.

Now that we’ve got the right coach, we need the horses.

Anyone here who thinks we have a shot to win the playoff this year is a fucking moron.

The main reason we cannot Win the playoff this year is we don’t have the talent. Like it or lump it, it’s the truth.

For so long around here, the scales got so tilted toward “coaching is all that matters” because when you have shitty coaches, it’s true - it really doesn’t make a fuck bit of difference who you recruit.

However, when you have the RIGHT coaches (which we overwhelmingly do), it makes all the difference in the world.

If we had talent closer to USC’s rather than being closer to Iowa’s, we would be the UGA of the West. But as it stands now, we are the Wisconsin of the West because everyone knows that if we run into a top tier talent team, we will get stuffed. Like we did vs USC and Bama last year.

So while I’m not opposed to cutting my dick off, cut your own shit off if you don’t think that the thing separating us from entering the talent sphere where Clemson is now (which is achievable; we will never be in the same talent tier as Bama or USC) shouldn’t be the top priority of the program.

I am happy to take bets on our chances at winning the Natty this year... want them? Of course not.

So, all this shit is just symbolic posturing.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

whuggy said:

is exhibition football.
    This is why the playoff is FS.

We aren’t winning the playoff shit head. Would you like to one day? Yes, me too.

As such, we need to recruit about 50% better than we have been.

Now that we’ve got the right coach, we need the horses.

Anyone here who thinks we have a shot to win the playoff this year is a fucking moron.

The main reason we cannot Win the playoff this year is we don’t have the talent. Like it or lump it, it’s the truth.

For so long around here, the scales got so tilted toward “coaching is all that matters” because when you have shitty coaches, it’s true - it really doesn’t make a fuck bit of difference who you recruit.

However, when you have the RIGHT coaches (which we overwhelmingly do), it makes all the difference in the world.

If we had talent closer to USC’s rather than being closer to Iowa’s, we would be the UGA of the West. But as it stands now, we are the Wisconsin of the West because everyone knows that if we run into a top tier talent team, we will get stuffed. Like we did vs USC and Bama last year.

So while I’m not opposed to cutting my dick off, cut your own shit off if you don’t think that the thing separating us from entering the talent sphere where Clemson is now (which is achievable; we will never be in the same talent tier as Bama or USC) shouldn’t be the top priority of the program.

I am happy to take bets on our chances at winning the Natty this year... want them? Of course not.

So, all this shit is just symbolic posturing.
    TL, DR:

The playoff isn't stupid.

Washington sucks too much to compete nationally.