Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dylan Morris, 4* 2019 QB, Graham (Graham-Kapowsin), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Definite quick release which in this offense is money. Kellen Moore was undersized but he got the ball out quick to the right people.

Now, if he is smart enough to read defenses, look out.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The best thing about a kid like Morris is you'll have him for 5 years.
    The same would have been true with Jake had we had any other options
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The great thing about him is he's got a quick release and he's really accurate. Not an amazing arm, but it's fine. Him Sirm and Yanky are all really different players. He seems closest to the Pete "The Only QB Who Has Ever Been Good Is Kellen Moore" prototype, so he'll probably start for us in 2019.

Fuck. This is kind of what I'm feeling. I like the guy, but I also have this nagging feeling he's another short spread guy who is great throwing to his first read against shit teams and can take us to the first round of the playoffs against Bama and then throw five batted passes at the line, one of which turns into a pick six. Four years in a row.

Is optimism something that can be learned?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He's good. His arm is strong and he throws almost every ball hard which I like. Nothing bugs me more from a qb than lofting passes that could have been thrown hard. I love that he can throw hard for 35-40 yards with a simple plant and no crow hop required.

He did throw a few touch passes so I know he can do it.

Pretty much stares down his primary read as others have mentioned. I was just glad to see he can rip it though.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Did it rip off?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

@Dennis_DeYoung @CokeGreaterThanPepsi how would you compare Cale's JR film to Dylan's? I personally like Cale's film more, but his arm strength pretty average
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

@Dennis_DeYoung @CokeGreaterThanPepsi how would you compare Cale's JR film to Dylan's? I personally like Cale's film more, but his arm strength pretty average
    Cale is good, but I love Dylan Morris. Check that sidearm throw @37 seconds in for an example of his arm strength. He can put a lot of zip on the ball without using proper mechanics. Good ability to put the ball up and away from DBs where his guys can still make a play on it. Decent scrambling ability, too. Can throw it on the run without setting his feet going to either side. Looks like he can make plays on and off schedule. I think I've said it before but he reminds me of Mayfield a little bit. I think he's legit.
    my only concern with dylan is that his OL is pretty good. so I am not sure how good he is under pressure. he is definetly has a superior arm to Cale.
  • Options
    FrenchHuskyFrenchHusky Member Posts: 69
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He's the 4th highest ranked QB in the new Rivals 100 at #40 overall.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes