Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dylan Morris, 4* 2019 QB, Graham (Graham-Kapowsin), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm coming around on this guy. He good.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I slowly am too... I think he fits a Pete offense really well.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I really like Spiker's QB as well. I noticed him in Spiker's video and am not surprised he will be a big time recruit.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I really like Spiker's QB as well. I noticed him in Spiker's video and am not surprised he will be a big time recruit.
    Yeah I think Hank Bachmeier or Spencer Rattler would've been the next offers if Dylan Morris committed elsewhere.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah I think Hank Bachmeier or Spencer Rattler would've been the next offers if Dylan Morris committed elsewhere.
    Bachmeier looks amazing on film. Morris is good though. If he played any position bit QB, I would be biased based on the fact he looks 30. At QB, the early maturation isn't that important because the position is 90% mental. Morris isn't getting any better physically though.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Bachmeier looks amazing on film. Morris is good though. If he played any position bit QB, I would be biased based on the fact he looks 30. At QB, the early maturation isn't that important because the position is 90% mental. Morris isn't getting any better physically though.
    For better or worse: Morris = Jake Heaps.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You could be right. I'm always skeptical about kids who look 30. The Potaoe'a family is an example.

I think Hunter Bryant might be another. I love him, but I question how much better he will get.

My favorite prospects are Trey Adams types who have outstanding physical skill, but look their age.

Then again, the kids in the SEC look 30 and somehow still get better.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,981
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Jake heaps may have been the least athletic qb I have ever seen for a high level recruit. Also had zero understanding of throwing with touch. And the locker room hated him. Hopefully those traits are not with Morris or I am going to start bashing the kids.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jake heaps may have been the least athletic qb I have ever seen for a high level recruit. Also had zero understanding of throwing with touch. And the locker room hated him. Hopefully those traits are not with Morris or I am going to start bashing the kids.
    Heaps was actually decent his freshman year. He was an overhyped pussy, but the kid had a lot of pressure on him and crumbled.

Nick Montana sucked. Heaps had some ability.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

So journeyman college QB?
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

So journeyman college QB?
    That's 75% of QB's. I genuinely believe Yankoff will start for UW and be good, but the percentages show that I will probably be wrong.

That's the nature of the position.
    This is why it's so important to take lots of players with talent. You never know what's going to shake out, so play the odds.
    heard Pete is referred by the staff as Maverick.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Morris has balls.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Morris has balls.

2 or 3?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    ohh wow he looks so much better than last year. His team mates have some nice hands too.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

The 2019 QB battle is gonna be LIT.

They’re all so different too. Morris improved a lot and could be fantastic in our offense.
    Hell, I liked his tape last year, too. His arm isn't really quite where you want it to be in terms of generating velocity (maybe if he can set his feet consistently and generate some hip torque) but even then, he was throwing deep out-breaking routes with accuracy and timing, and a lot of college QBs can't do that.

He's also got a nice, quick delivery, albeit around three-quarters height (which could lead to some batted passes at his height). He has some Baker Mayfield-like traits, I think. I agree he could be great in this offense. If his last name had been some kind of masturbation-related pun, he might have been my favorite commit.