Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dylan Morris, 4* 2019 QB, Graham (Graham-Kapowsin), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

@Babushka officially moves out of the shit tier recruiters with this one. That's three 4 star QB's in two classes. Yeah two of them are in state and one of them came because of Lubick, but scorebored is all that matters. Smiff's scorebored looks pretty good of late. Especially given the RISE concerns.

Not saying he's Lubick or Lake, don't twist. But he's at least in the Bonerpoppa/PaoPao tier as opposed to the Malloe/Strausser tier where he was before.

Incremental progress and chit.

Half of the job is to coach and other to recruit. He still sux as an OC
    Babushka is far from perfect as an OC ... but if you look at our results on offense last year it's hard to be very critical of the job Babushka did on the whole
    I guess having superior athletes did not help last year. Everytime UW played a team of same talent level it had trouble.
    Alabama had superior talent ... in both games we lost our struggles started on the OL and in particular on the C and RG positions

Also in both games you can really argue that Browning's shoulder issues also were limiting

The game plan against Alabama actually wasn't that bad ... we did a lot of good things there (more than what many would admit)
    He's right, you know. The offense generated two touchdowns after all.

Browning made the wrong read ... but where did the pressure come from on that play?
    Browning's head. They played Alabama. Their All-American 1st rounder destroyed our freshman OL. A Heisman contender QB'ing a playoff team throws the ball away. 3rd down and 10.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2017
    TTJ said:

Sources said:

...As soon as Tedford left, there was a noticeable droprise in quality of playcallingopponents.

CRISPR.
    Didn't realize USC and Bama called all those pass plays for us. Thanks for clarifying.

I think it's more accurate to say that because we played tougher opponents, we couldn't just chuck it up and score TDs. Babushka got exposed.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    To me, it's difficult to really judge the USC and Alabama games because the passing game was so limited by Browning's shoulder ... we got away with it against Colorado because we were able to just run the ball down their throats.

The most relevant game we can look back to in 2016 was Stanford and even then there's a bit of an issue because Stanford was missing their starting CBs in the game.

But there were throws made in that game with respect to outs, etc. that I'm not sure it would have mattered and showed what our offense was capable of with Browning at full strength with his arm.

By all of the metrics that I materially track each team against each other in the conference (9 each on offense/defense), UW comparatively to the conference ranked in the top 2 (conference games only) offensively in 7 of the 9 categories (those other categories were 4th in yards per rush and 6th in completion %) and in the top 2 in 6 of 9 defensive categories (no lower than 4th in any single category).

The consensus is that Browning's shoulder injury took place at some point in the Oregon State game. In the 6 games prior to Oregon St, Browning was 112 for 154 for a 72.7% completion percentage (it wasn't built up just in the non-conference schedule as he was 72.9% in the 1st 3 conference games). In his first 6 games, his lowest completion % for any single game was 63.6% against Portland State. In the Oregon State game, Browning was 15 for 31 for a completion % of 48.4%. After the Oregon State game, for the remaining 5 conference games + P12 title game + National Semifinal Browning's completion % dropped to 57% and really only had strong games against Cal and the Cougs.

Finally, the area where you can really tell that Browning's shoulder was limiting on offense was that his lack of arm strength didn't allow him to push the ball effectively down the field. This resulted in significant drops in his yards per attempt and yards per completion in the 2nd half of the season compared to the 1st half (Cal and Cougs as the outliers).
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

No one actually read the last three posts right?

I read them and promptly forgot them.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    kh83 said:

No one actually read the last three posts right?

I read them and promptly forgot them.
    Truth.

But still, hurtful.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,487
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

To me, it's difficult to really judge the USC and Alabama games because the passing game was so limited by Browning's shoulder ...

stopped reading
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,510
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I am hearing "we" won 12 games last season and made the CFP in only year 3 of Pete WITHOUT any black OL.