Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sounds like the final two at CU are: Jimmy Lake and Ryan Day

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

I will kill myself if Jimmy Lake goes to CU. Fuck those arrogant hippie fucks. They don’t deserve to have a decent progrum. I will hate Jimmy Lake for eternity. I will light myself on fire on the 50 at Folsom field.

I feel a Facebook Live coming.
    Fuck facebook live. Lets make a fucking documentary.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Swaye said:

Freak out as much as you feel is appropriate.

such a funny fucking movie. my personal opinion is that it's Ferrell's best work.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    EwaDawg said:

Passion said:

I will kill myself if Jimmy Lake goes to CU. Fuck those arrogant hippie fucks. They don’t deserve to have a decent progrum. I will hate Jimmy Lake for eternity. I will light myself on fire on the 50 at Folsom field.

Didn't Lake just proclaim that he'll be at UW a long time, just bought a nice home in Bellevue, etc etc etc.?

Exact Quote: “I love Seattle,” Lake said in an interview late Friday with KJR’s Dave “Softy” Mahler. “Bought an awesome house in Bellevue. Don’t worry: I’m gonna be here for a while.”
    and...…. he does have a contract. So there is that . . . .
    Now you mention, wasn't there something about a pretty large buyout as part of Jimmy's new deal?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Just FYI, the fan base generally seems to prefer Day. I like both of them, but give the edge to Lake to fuck you guys over.

I hope you drive off I-25.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Swaye said:

such a funny fucking movie. my personal opinion is that it's Ferrell's best work.
    Anchorman >
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Jimmy Lake dodged questions a lot more when he was almost stolen by Cal. Buffs must be putting in a pretty good offer.

Pete must have told him he handled the Cal shit horribly.

If he does leave, I hope Colorado gets some original FREE PUB in the Rose Bowl.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Swaye said:

Anchorman >
    Close. Agree. Very close. You could coin flip those. Step Brothers is up there too.

I guess I just like things that make fun of southern hillbillys, and Talladega Nights does that so well.
  • Options

Swaye said:

Anchorman >
    Close. Agree. Very close. You could coin flip those. Step Brothers is up there too.

I guess I just like things that make fun of southern hillbillys, and Talladega Nights does that so well.
    IMO Farell's actual best stuff is as a supporting character (Old School, Zoolander), but Anchorman was his magnus opus as a lead. Talladega Nights is funny and Sacha Baren Cohen brings something to the table Farrell's other movies generally don't have but I was honestly disappointed with it. I thought given the subject matter it was going to be absolutely hysterical and thought it could have been a lot funnier.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,083
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lake has more job security here. I mean McIntyre literally signed a 3 year extension a year ago and bam, he gone. I know I'm dooging, but job security is a big deal for a lot of coaches (unless of course you are in Pullman, FCS job).

• Options

Lake has more job security here. I mean McIntyre literally signed a 3 year extension a year ago and bam, he gone. I know I'm dooging, but job security is a big deal for a lot of coaches (unless of course you are in Pullman, FCS job).

One year of $2 million > 3 years of $750,000, cause even if you lose the job after one year you can get another the next.

Job security matters. Pay scale matters more, especially when you're an established talent like Lake who is always going to be able to find another job if needed.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Stop it.

• Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Make Colorado Great Again!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I expect jimmy lake soon coming with “please respect my decision, no interview at the moment”
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I expect jimmy lake soon coming with “please respect my decision, no interview at the moment”

I expect him to give Colorado free pub by coaching our bowel game!!! That precedence was set.