Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WASHINGTON 2.0

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Bleenor once said he didn't count Sark's first three years because he didn't have Wilcox. He was mocked for it. This is kind of similar.

We're going to compete for the PAC 12 title every year under Pete. You get playoff appearances by winning the conference. Some years will be better than others.

You can’t get to the playoffs without winning your conference ...

If we win out at 11-2 losing 2 road games by 8 points that’s far from a terrible year ... particularly if you believe this is as rough as our roster looks going forward
    Next year's defense, especially the front 6/7, will be more talented but sorely lacking in experience. Fortunately we have a pretty soft non-conf schedule to get them ready for Pac12 play.
  • Options
    MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited October 2018

Does anybody actually think Oregon will win @WSU, @Utah and @Arizona or win out for that matter?

your mom does
    Mariota sure looked good this past weekend. Pussies can't play in the NFL.
    If only he was as tough as Jake Locker
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Year 5 = year 1.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    dtd said:

Year 5 = year 1.

Gene Chizik won a Natty his second year.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

dtd said:

Year 5 = year 1.

With a once-in-a-lifetime QB and a D lineman the conference still remembers.

Chizik is no genius. He wouldn't do shit at Washington.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

dtd said:

Year 5 = year 1.

Larry Coker natty potd
  • Options
    MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    i would love to see chizik at washington lol
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298

As much as I hate Dennis and Coker, they were right. It took Pete 3 years to figure out what a contending team should look like and right now we're seeing the outcome of that 3 year lag. When walkons are subbing in to goal line packages, you're fucked. This season is essentially the tail end of "Washington 1.0" under Pete, which was never going to go anywhere significant.

I'm willing to see what 2.0 looks like under Pete with classes we all agree are leveled up and, most importantly, a change of leadership at the QB position. Pete's first iteration of a big time program is dying a sad and necessary death. His real coaching job begins next year.

Indeed. We've lost 2 road games, by a total of 8 points, one to a team that had a bye while we were on our 2nd back to back road game, and we only lost that game due to a missed FG.

We can still win out.

• Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    uzi said:

As much as I hate Dennis and Coker, they were right. It took Pete 3 years to figure out what a contending team should look like and right now we're seeing the outcome of that 3 year lag. When walkons are subbing in to goal line packages, you're fucked. This season is essentially the tail end of "Washington 1.0" under Pete, which was never going to go anywhere significant.

I'm willing to see what 2.0 looks like under Pete with classes we all agree are leveled up and, most importantly, a change of leadership at the QB position. Pete's first iteration of a big time program is dying a sad and necessary death. His real coaching job begins next year.

Indeed. We've lost 2 road games, by a total of 8 points, one to a team that had a bye while we were on our 2nd back to back road game, and we only lost that game due to a missed FG.

We can still win out.

We can go 10-2 and see what happens. I think we'd have at least a 75% chance of winning the conference if we do that. Worst case that should put us in another NY6 bowl.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

uzi said:

We can still win out.

We can go 10-2 and see what happens. I think we'd have at least a 75% chance of winning the conference if we do that. Worst case that should put us in another NY6 bowl.
    We? Aren’t going 10-2
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Does anybody actually think Oregon will win @WSU, @Utah and @Arizona or win out for that matter? We are winning the conference.

Utah and UA will be a breeze. Wazzu is the one.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It’s one thing to think you are doing it right ... then you stand across from Bama and realize that you aren’t good enough

EVERYTHING has changed in recruiting from that moment forward

It could also slightly be due to the fact that Petersen was now recruiting to a conference champ/ play off team rather than a team that hadn't been close to relevant in 15 years.
    Why do you have to ruin the narrative?

There’s something to be said to that but you can see it in certain positions ... we are recruiting bigger WRs and less Chico-sized guys ... you can see it with the general size of our LBs
    I agree with you but this is clearly a case of whynotboth.gif

FUCKING RECRUIT. NO EXCUSES. JFC

GET FUCKING GOOD ATHLETES THE END.

It's just our fucking bullshit culture that allows us to finish 25th in recruiting

IF WE ARE NOT TOP TEN IN RECRUITING FIRE THE COACHES THAT ARE RECRUITING LIKE SHIT.

IT IS SALES YOU FUCKING IDIOTS.

RECRUIT OR FUCKING DIE.

FUCKING RECRUIT.
    Crispened
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It’s one thing to think you are doing it right ... then you stand across from Bama and realize that you aren’t good enough

EVERYTHING has changed in recruiting from that moment forward

It could also slightly be due to the fact that Petersen was now recruiting to a conference champ/ play off team rather than a team that hadn't been close to relevant in 15 years.
    Why do you have to ruin the narrative?

There’s something to be said to that but you can see it in certain positions ... we are recruiting bigger WRs and less Chico-sized guys ... you can see it with the general size of our LBs
    I agree with you but this is clearly a case of whynotboth.gif
    Right now Oregon is destroying it in recruiting. I don't love all their players, but they are getting guys they want and they have a top 10 class.

They aren't recruiting to champs.

FUCKING RECRUIT. NO EXCUSES. JFC.

I just don't understand why this bored cannot understand recruiting.

GET FUCKING GOOD ATHLETES THE END. It helps to have advantages, but we have ALWAYS had enough advantages.

It's just our fucking bullshit culture that allows us to finish 25th in recruiting even though EVERY FUCKING YEAR we should be top 15.

In 2016 we finished 4th in the country and TWENTY FUCKING SECOND in recruiting (2017 year).

WHAT THE FUCK GIVES?? Where did Oregon finish last year?

You fuckheads are already making excuses in your mind 'oh, Oregon has XYZ, we do it a different way' - BLAH BLAH fuck you go to dawgman.

IF WE ARE NOT TOP TEN IN RECRUITING FIRE THE COACHES THAT ARE RECRUITING LIKE SHIT.

It's really just that simple.

What advantages does A&M have (they are 2nd currently)?? Being in Texas? Oh - it turns out other people recruit Texas. A&M has been 20th OFTEN YOU FUCKING IDIOTS.

Why are they doing well now??

BECAUSE JIMBO IS FROM SABAN AND THEY CARE ABOUT RECRUITING.

Right now we are hovering around where...

Mississippi State, Florida, NC State and Stanford are.

Does ANYONE here think Florida doesn't have advantages over us? Does anyone here think that the reason FLA and MSST and NC State are all just where they are based on structural factors you fucking morons?!?!?

FUCKING NO. FUCKING NO. FUCKING NO.

IT'S THE FUCKING COACHES. IT IS SALES YOU FUCKING IDIOTS.

RECRUIT OR FUCKING DIE.

We have the coach.

Every idiot here kept saying that it was all the head coach and the assistants didn't matter. I *primarily* agree with that. He sets the culture. The players get better. Fine.

Now that we have the right head coach... RECRUIT. FUCKING RECRUIT. NO FUCKING EXCUSES FUCKING RECRUIT.

I'm so sick of this shit I'm losing my mind.

FUCKING RECRUIT. EVERY YEAR. EVERY POSITION. NO EXCUSES.

Also: MANAGE THE ROSTER NUMBERS SO WE DON'T SIGN AS MANY FUCKING WRs AS WE DO OLs.

CHRIST I'M GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK.

FUCKING RECRUIT.
    We get it, recruiting is fucking us. Also Pete owes all his success to sark recruits caz those fuckers took him to the playoffs. His recruits getting their shit pushed in by the orengons and Auburns of the world, and they not world beaters
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Dennis is a national treasure