Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Attention Jen Cohen

Comments

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    She could show her sloppy tittays on the big screen before each game
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Make being loud at games the standard again.

I stopped going to games after being told for the 80th time to sit down during key 3rd downs. It's no fun to have the people around you get pissed for being an enthusiastic fan.

Did you sit down?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

We had an intern at my company that is currently going to UW and I asked him what he thought about the gameday experience and what could be done to improve things and he said the AD tries too hard. College kids want the 12:30 kickoffs back (late enough to sleep in, yet the game is done early enough to go out and party on a Saturday), and really good internet access for their smartphones. That’s it. Not rocket science.

I say this because the AD, by chasing after the young ones with things they *think* they want but don’t, has needlessly antagonized the rest of the fan base. I don’t see any harm in trying the throwback night (I went to a Mariners game years ago and they did something similar ー it was a big success).

3:30 or like 4 pm kickoffs are the best. You can get fucking destroyed at the tailgate enough time to sober up a lil bit to party. That guy sounds like a pussy.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Meh never liked the band and I never notice all the lights in my seats. But I agree changes need to be made to improve game day.i don’t know what they should be but I don’t think just having band music will put butts in seats.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Show more replays from other games on the Jumbotron. We should be able to see the scores from other games at least four times per quarter.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I think throwback unis would be cool. Maybe do some cheap Piping hot chowder bowls, too.

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The first thing they could do, which would put a little more excitement in the crowd that is there b4 we take the field, is to scrap that UW/Seattle shitty infomercial and put together highlight packages of past glories, highlights, and big hits. That is what gets people fired up. Running that shit in the SEC, and other places that care about college football would get the AD 70-110 thousand people booing the piss out of it.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    A chin for TommySQC post
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    godawgst said:

TommySQC said:

HuskyJW said:

I hear that you're frustrated with home attendance. Here's an idea for you to try without making wholesale changes until you see that it works (and it will).

Next season have a "Turn Back the Clock" game at Husky Stadium. Don't have any piped in techno or rap music in the stadium. Let the marching band provide 100% of the music on the day. Don't have flashing lights pulsating throughout the stadium. Have the players wear throwback uniforms. Do little things to generate a college football environment instead of the NFL/WWF type of product you have now. You know exactly what I'm talking about because you experienced it too. Bring the soul back to Husky Stadium.

You misspelled "lower the fucking ticket prices"
    Christ. You telling me that an area of 4 million people cannot find 72k people willing to shell out $80 to watch a top 10 team?

This is exactly why the entire west coast sucks ass and will never be like the SEC. They will always get the worst TV deal and times because of this shit. That's fine but don't fucking bitch about 7:30 starts. That's what you get and like Herbie says, you are lucky they acknowledge you at all.
    You just summed up in 100 words what "consultants/advisors/experts" want (and probably are) charging the UW AD hundreds of thousand of dollars to lie and tell them if you only do ......... the crowds will come back in droves.

I was part of the "if you win they will come" mantra and couldn't have been more fucking wrong. In the last 35 games we are 29-6 which is 83% and a home game against BYU with really nice weather and a decent start time has 30k people in their seats 15 minutes b4 kick-off, and 35k people when the team runs out of tunnel 5 minutes b4 kick, AND that includes having 5k BYU fans (which is 3k more than the typical Pac-12 team minus SC/UO/WSU brings) and 3k cheer squad kids/parents there.

If you can't get true sell outs (and having 10k empty seats doesn't count UW Public Address Announcer no matter what your telling me) in this environment, your not ever going to and that's the reality of UW football crowd wise and "the greatest setting in college football" LOFL
    This.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

Or you can continue to play Abba at halftime except make the quality so bad that you can't even hear the singers

Sounded good from my seats.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Nice old man rant. Go take another nap.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

We had an intern at my company that is currently going to UW and I asked him what he thought about the gameday experience and what could be done to improve things and he said the AD tries too hard. College kids want the 12:30 kickoffs back (late enough to sleep in, yet the game is done early enough to go out and party on a Saturday), and really good internet access for their smartphones. That’s it. Not rocket science.

I say this because the AD, by chasing after the young ones with things they *think* they want but don’t, has needlessly antagonized the rest of the fan base. I don’t see any harm in trying the throwback night (I went to a Mariners game years ago and they did something similar ー it was a big success).

christ